Its time

REBELRON

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central will win by 7 or less points.....

I'm shocked the Roadrunner picked Central.

I don't know who is going to win, this game is too close to predict, but since it always gets the natives excited when people pick here we go.

Central's inability to cut down the penalities costs them. Maryville will have to resort to the trick play to win.

Maryville by 3 in OT.

That is true about the Trick plays. That's what killed Central last year. But on the plenties, I think Coach Helton will get in their butts and tell them to play football and not do anything stupid.

Medman, I'm not a bad curse. I've picked Central all year and the only game I didn't get right was the Chattanooga McCallie game. So I guess I'm not the curse. Yall people are killing me about this curse thing. I'm a big CUBS fan and I'm getting tired of people saying we're, the Cubs, are cursed. ITs stupid

But I'm sticking with my pick Central by 7 or less..

I think Central will win this game. Maryville does not have the talent of Central. I would even venture to say that the only reason they have won as many games as they have is a simple formula: They make the best of what talent they DO have. That is coaching. But the coaching advantage will not win this game for Maryville. Central will beat Maryville on big plays. I don't think Maryville can compete athletically with Central.

Another key fact is that even though this game is surrounded with so much hype, it really does not matter. It is for braggin' rights. Both teams are in the playoffs and those are the games that matter.

Central Bobcats, you forgot to add that ,"YA MEAN" to the end of your post! I'll be there Friday along with your former boys that worked at the Well or still do! :o

I agree with you, this is going to be a classic but make sure you warn Coach Mac about those trick plays they threw at Central last year. Must be ready to stop those things. I know you're ready and I know Knoxville is ready for this one. Its going to be packed.

9 year old champ, what kind of name is that? What's the meaning behind it? Do you coach a 9 year old team or something? Also, I think you should make an effort to drive the 5 hours to view this game. This game is like the Tennessee and Florida game.

My son played on a state champ baseball team. Hey, I can't go see yall's game because we play Covington this week and they are #6 in 3A. Good luck to all! :)

Maryville has always had a way of taking all the hype out of the most hyped up games, MoWest on several occassions, Central a couple times, Red Bank . . .

BHS - You hit the nail on the head with coaching, but don't underestimate our boys. The strength and conditioning program at maryville is one of the best in the state and we can play 4 quarters. Just ask Hillsboro. The only thing is this season we really haven't had to play a full game except for the MoWest game. . .

And then there is always this - if McCallie can whip Central handily, then Maryville can beat them - Twice in the same season once in Week 9, and once more in the playoffs.

I predict that Maryville's defense will come up bigtime, limiting central's playmakers to minimum yardage. I wouldn't be suprised if there are a couple of long runs for TD's, but overall, I think Maryville will contain well enough to win.

Offensively, we'll do what's been done all season. Make things happen, and mix it up.

Maryville by 2 touchdowns.