Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a Crock. The TSSAA needs to go back to it's original ruling. There should not have even been a second letter. Once the decision was made and the first letter written, the issue should not have been re-visited. Shame on the TSSAA for backing off and reversing a ruling already made. What's next? Are we going to start replaying games 8 weeks later, because an official made a bad call. That would be about as ludicrous as this move. Wake up Ronnie Carter. Don't you smell that smell, it's NOT coffee, that's for sure.

With the TSSAA you can never have enough letters. South Pittsburg had a letter from the TSSAA in 2000. Carter said it was forged. The player in question only played a few minutes the whole season and had no impact on any game.

I hope Gallatin comes out o.k on this. The program is historical in TN football.

In no particular order I think of programs like Gallatin, Milan, Germantown, Oak Ridge, Alcoa, South Pittsburg, Marion County, Brentwood Academy, Trousdale County, Kingston (Roane Co.), Cleveland, Maryville, Sweetwater, and one or 2 others come to mind when I think of Tn high school football.

There are programs that come and go as competitors, but there are a few programs that you figure will always be tough. McGavock was good 30 years ago.

The TSSAA's philosophy is: " Steal oats...you hang, steal a saddle...you hang, steal a horse...you hang. If you have been in more than 2 state title games you hang for just looking at the horse."

Edited by rlh

However this turns out for the GreenWave it will not be an easy road come playoff time. Dickson County, Franklin, Brentwood, and even Centennial have all developed great programs. My vote for game of the year to this point...Brentwood Franklin...WOW. I think my Wave should have a little more motivation against the Rebs though after last year. I just hope we get what we have EARNED. GWave1 I can't wait to hear what you have learned. Sounds promising.

GWave2001 you are right about MacFarland. He was my pick for starting QB until about week 2. He is an outstanding athlete. I saw Jamo more as a utility man.

Keep your chins up Green!!!

Edited by Wireman

Yes, if Gallatin is the two seed you will HOST (most likely) Brentwood. I wouldn't be so concerned about that possible matchup. If you're third or fourth, you'll travel to either Franklin or Dickson County. Gtowner, I wouldn't be so quick to give the region championship to Dickson County. I wouldn't be quick to give it to Franklin either.

Yes, if Gallatin has to visit Franklin, there is some redemption there. I don't want to see that game in the first round, but whatever happens will happen. I've got faith in my Rebs. Just as I hope you have faith in GHS.

Well, I wasn't real excited about Gallatin's possible playoff match-ups four weeks ago, so really the only thing that might change now is playing away versus a home game.

However, let's remember that Gallatin's last road loss came in 2001, so they know how to win the big games on the road.