Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

Okay...I'll bite...What is the so called incorrect or false information that Gallatin supposedly submitted. Most of what I know is second hand info so we all know what that is worth. However, to my knowledge, Shipley moved to Gallatin before the required date...WITH his legal guardian (his mother)...she was separated from the STEPFATHER (who did not adopt therefore no custody)...The Wave staff sat him out for at least two games (I'm still not sure about Glencliff)...Twice they asked for clarification on his eligibility, TWICE he was approved by the T$$AA, Coach Lassiter has the forms clearing him to play, and to everyone I know it is apparent Gallatin did everything in their absolutely and without a doubt on the up and up. What is this incorrect information? If I tell one of my kids that they can do something TWICE and then punish them for doing it who is out of line? Lets hope The powers that be grow a brain before we wind up with another Brentwood Academy. Thanks again for all the support everyone.

Wavelink....guess who???? or has Sqoshwave squealed???

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my question for the TSSAA:

You have declared the player eligible twice, then reversed that decision.

Why would you even hear an appeal? Does it take four times to make a decision?

If Gallatin has done wrong then they should be held accountable, no question there.

But who holds the TSSAA accountable when they give the wrong answer (twice)?

And what about the schools like CPA? We all know that Jeff Fisher's son plays there. Does Coach Fisher live in Nashville? I thought he lived in the Brentwood/ Franklin area? I'm sure he doesn't live on Old Hickory Blvd..

You see it is issues like these that stir up the split talk. I have no ill-will towards private schools. I think most all of them do the right thing and produce quality kids. But when one rule applies to some but not to all there is going to be some issues.

In my opinion, McGavok was just mad that they got whooped by Gallatin, so they decided to try and get them in trouble. The TSSAA said TWICE he was elegible, so why did they change their minds all of a sudden? Why should Gallatin have to forfeit thier wins after they did everything they could to see if the guy was eligible. In my opinion, Gallatin got screwed.

In my opinion, McGavok was just mad that they got whooped by Gallatin, so they decided to try and get them in trouble. The TSSAA said TWICE he was elegible, so why did they change their minds all of a sudden? Why should Gallatin have to forfeit thier wins after they did everything they could to see if the guy was eligible. In my opinion, Gallatin got screwed.

TSSAA screwed Gallatin, now we screw the TSSAA..............and McGavock

It seems to me the logical thing to do in this case is to declare him ineligible from this point forward, but not penalize Gallatin. They should still be 7-1 and he cannot play from this point on. They ruled him eligible, he played. Now they have ruled him ineligible, he can't play. If they play him now, then they should be penalized. This scenario probably makes too much sense for the TSSAA to agree, though.

Good Luck Gallatin.

Here is my question for the TSSAA:

You have declared the player eligible twice, then reversed that decision.

Why would you even hear an appeal? Does it take four times to make a decision?

If Gallatin has done wrong then they should be held accountable, no question there.

But who holds the TSSAA accountable when they give the wrong answer (twice)?

And what about the schools like CPA? We all know that Jeff Fisher's son plays there. Does Coach Fisher live in Nashville? I thought he lived in the Brentwood/ Franklin area? I'm sure he doesn't live on Old Hickory Blvd..

You see it is issues like these that stir up the split talk. I have no ill-will towards private schools. I think most all of them do the right thing and produce quality kids. But when one rule applies to some but not to all there is going to be some issues.

Well the provate schools and such, are a little bit more sticky of a situations, and I think is sometime reuled with a seperate set of rules.

With the whole Gallatin thing, I think the TSSAA is wrong (as usual). I do believe after the appeal they will say it is alright again, but I agree that the rules need to be looked at in a more modern light, and revised.

I will tell the guys at Cookeville tonight to come out and try to beat them as much as they can for the boys up in Gallatin.

hey everyone listen some people think gallitin should remain at 7-1 and some think they should be 1-7 but soon alzado they wont be 1-7 or 7-1 they will be 2-7 or 8-1 the score tonight will be ghs 42 hunters lane 14

ok and i just want yall to realize THE 2 LETTERS SAYING HE IS ELIGABLE R IN COACH LASSITER'S OFFICE I SEEN THEM WEDNSDAY BUT NOW WE GET TOLD HE IS INELIGABLE IF SO DONT LET HIM PLAY THE REST OF THE DANG SEASON. BUT WE WILL NOT STAY AT 1-7.

this is clearly a big mistake by tssaa and not gallitin so y should we have to suffer

maybe we should do somthing to them instead lol but if ur not going to do anything to the 1 in charge of the mistake y do something to gallitin when they did nothing but what they were told by the tssaa so whose fault is it.

the keg ur cool and thanks we want mcgavock beat by at least 21 so tell ur boys u want to see a big game out of themcause we will have a big game against hunters lane.

Well G-Unit I agree with you but I dont think neither ghs or Hl is going to score that high. 31 Gallatin 6 Hunters Lane But I hope that they keep there heads up about this. And I more so hope that they will be ready to knock some dang heads off instead of down on there selfs. All they need to do is forget about it. Its Friday night and its time to knock them on there butts and knock there heads off Green Wave style.

Green Wave General