Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through 3 different stages today.

1st --no surprise by the verdict. I think that about everyone knew what it would be. But that is the way it is supposed to be done.(just like the eligibility forms)

2nd-- :D very B) I heard that Shipley's eligibility is now in doubt for next season. According to WHIN1010 the TSSAA has not issued a statement if he will be eligible next season since he did play some this season. Great TSSAA why don't you kill his dog too.

3rd-- :D I listened to the coaches show this afternoon. Of course right off the bat Skip Sparkman asks Robert Lassiter about the hearing. He said it was clear that the board had made up their mind before they had entered the room. He also got pretty heated on the radio, enough that Skip took an early break for commercials. Lassiter said that this was a chance to set the record straight and do the right thing. He never apologized and contended that the by-laws were out of date and changes in them were badly needed to keep up with the times. To paraphrase he said that we followed their rules and got punished for it. The 2 written approvals meant nothing in their eyes. Upon returning from the commercial break, Skip went over the games for Friday. When getting to the Gallatin/Beech game he said Gallatin now is offically 2-7. Lassiter responded "for now". Skip asked if all the appeals to the TSSAA had been made. Lassiter responded, "Yes, all the appeals to the TSSAA had been made." Special emphasis was put on appeals to the TSSAA. It sure didn't sound like that this was just going to go away. Later on in the interview Skip stated that this would be the last time that the seniors would step on the field for this year. Lassiter quickly commented "this may be their last game and may be not".

Wow....read what you want to into it but he was not happy. He made special emphasis on how the team has stuck together through this and how proud he was of them. His tone surprised me on the radio. I thought that he would have been unhappy but pretty much saying that the board of control were spineless was not what I had predicted at all. According to some people closer to the situation they say that a lawsuit is being filed. But truthfully I do not know.

Officially we are 2-7 and not going to the playoffs. We were found guilty but did everything by the book. The forms were correct. I hope no one else falls into this senerio. I also hope past wrongs can be righted. Thanks for everyones support from Oak Ridge to Lincoln Co.

Okay guys (and wavelink) pardon me if I get giddy. THANK YOU ANTIOCH!!!!! I now am convinced that the events of last week had an impact on the outcome of the Gallatin-hl game. That was a very uncharacteristic showing for the GreenWave. I would also like to be the first to boycott the playoff season by all true GreenWave fans. If they want Glencliffs 50 fans instead of our 15,000 at the state game so-be-it. No offense Glencliff. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys advance. It does prove however, that neither money nor brains had anything to do with their decision. Hey Beech....Let's all have fun and enjoy the game tomorrow night. I hope Lassiter plays Shipley. What are they going to do.....take away our birthday. (Wavelink, put me down for $20 too )

wireman

Oh, GWave1, I saw on Ch. 2 and 4 that Benny Bills made a statement that Gallatin High School would not seek any legal action. The earlier post is exactly right...no public school has the means to fight the TSSAA and that coward RC knows it.

Edited by Wireman

Guest Oakland

give me a break! i can understand being bitter about gettin your appeal turned down'?! but boycottin the playoffs, you need to get back to reality and support your region as they go up against the best in 5a, but i seriously hope not all gallatin fans are really think about this, because if you are, you guys are poor sports!

give me a break! i can understand being bitter about gettin your appeal turned down'?! but boycottin the playoffs, you need to get back to reality and support your region as they go up against the best in 5a, but i seriously hope not all gallatin fans are really think about this, because if you are, you guys are poor sports!

poor sports? How can you call them poor sports, they got taken advantage of by the T$$AA. I am upset and I have nothing to do with Gallatin. I dont blame thefor boycotting the playoffs. I wouldnt want to give money the money hungry T$$AA. They dont care if they screwed up, they are making Gallatin pay for the TSSAA'S MISTAKE. I think eveyone needs to write the TSSAA and complain. It doesnt do any good if we sit here and complain. Good luck Gallatin tomorrow night. You guys will be the best team sitting at home next week and it is a shame.

Guest Oakland

they broke a rule! that says it all right there, i respect gallatin as much as anybody but when you break the law you deserve to be punished regardless of how stupid or archaic the rule is. and none of you guys honestly dont know ronnie carter so dont get on here and call him or the tssaa a coward, because you dont know the man. plus the tssaa has to have some means to opeate on, so take it like a man gallatin and move on, i feel horrible for your seniors and your team but sometimes life stinx and this one of those moments

Well they were never aware they broke a rule. The TSSAA cleared everything and gave it the ok. How can they revoke it? It just isnt right. Once Gallatin found out they the player was "ineligible" they put him on the bench. So if the TSSAA wouldnt have screwed up this problem woul of never happen. They wont even admit there on mistake.

To all Greenwave fans,

It dosen't help one bit, but I just wanted to say I am behind you 110%. I am not connected in any way to the Green Wave, but this is a travesty that goes beyond the city limits of Gallatin. To any program in the state, please flood Ronnie Carter's desk with documentation in the future regarding a transfer. I hope there is a lawyer in Gallatin that will take this case for nothing....and sue his A_ _!! Have some integrity Carter. You were wrong in this case and you know it. You just don't have the gonads to stand up to the other schools which have been penalized right or wrong in the past so you and your board had to save face. The kids and coaches put too much work, blood, and sweat in to deserve this treatment. I don't mean for this to be a personal attack on Mr. Carter....but if this is the way things are going to be handled, there needs to be a change; either in the leadership of the organization or an update to the transfer process and rules.

Gallatin players keep your heads high and take this as one of life's tough lessons in which you must pick yourself up and keep going. Best of luck to each and everyone of you, especially the senior class. Again, I am profoundly sorry this has occured. Keep fighting!!! :lol:

to all of you that keep saying that we need to take it like a man and move on why don tyou try having your final year of high school football totally screwed up cause some guy that has never met you got mad after his team got the crap kicked out of them. thanks to all of you that have been supporting us cause we need all the support we can get. but to all of you that keep talking crap about us and have never had anything to do with our program, dont talk about something you know nothing about. when you have been in our situation then you can talk bad about us.

Guest Oakland

once again i will state i have nothin but respect for gallatin, its a great school with great people, with that being said i am just apalled that gallatin fans would consider boycotting the playoffs just because their appeal was not successful, be the better man and have some grace and humility about yourselves. i am in no way talkin down gallatin, i am profoundly sorry that their season had to come to this, but regardless if its a bad rule or not, its a rule and they have to be carried out to a T by the tssaa, which governs all the high schools in tennessee. once again i wish nothin but the best for gallatin and to any gallatin fans who i may have rubbed the wrong way i apologize

Oakland...are you true to your word? Do you back-up what you say and admit when you were wrong??? If not, then you are in the same boat as this board. They verified his eligibility twice and now act as if that never hapened even though the information provided is correct...no attempt to cover-up anything was made by Gallatin :lol: