Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some potentially uplifting news. Someone from the communtity (not the school) is filing a law suit that will be heard in court next Thursday 11-6-03. The Gallatin football players had a meeting this morning to dicuss this. Gallatin will practice throughout the week next week in the event that the case comes out in favor of Gallatin, in which case the player will become eligable and Gallatin would get thier wins back. Though I would not get my hopes up, I feel that there is a better chance that the case will be in favor of Gallatin than there was in their appeal with the TSSAA.

This may be splitting hairs , but if you continue to practice after your season is deemed over by the TSSAA you may be in violation of TSSAA regulations. By TSSAA bylaws your season is over if you do not qualify for the playoffs or a bowl game.

I figured a lawsuit would be filed, woulden't the first time the TSSAA has been welcomed to a courthouse. They migt need to do some unincoroprated practices, so they are not in violation. Should be interesitng, it is going to have to move quick, which team would be put out, if they were to make the playoffs? Would they win the region? This will be a landmark case in Tennessee, will for sure result in a rule change I would say.

Well get ready for the fireworks this week. Gallatin has got 2 lawsuits against the TSSAA. From what I understand(granted this is hearsay) , the family has filed one today and the big one comes down Monday. Supposedly subpoenas have been issued tonight. There is a lot of information that I have but I will only comment on it once it becomes public record.

Gallatin the uncrowned region 5-5A champions? Hummm ;)

Should be interesitng, it is going to have to move quick, which team would be put out, if they were to make the playoffs? Would they win the region?

Not to predict what they'd do, but the standings if Gallatin doesn't forfeit would indeed have the Green Wave on top, with 1-3 sliding down a step each and Glencliff being pushed out. Insult to injury, that would also knock the Colts back down to 4-6, thus taking away bowl eligibility.