Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

FHS, I can't help but say that this IS, without a doubt, the TSSAA's fault. I agree that it would not be fair to have to practice with the mindset of playing one team, and then have to play another. In fact, Hendersonville is looking at video from both Dickson County and Brentwood. But if this goes in Gallatin's favor, I should hope that everyone will turn their anger to the TSSAA.

I think that if this thing goes in Gallatin's favor, most everyone will be mad at us. Really, though, who gives a crap. The only reson that McGavock brought up this whole thing is the fact that Gallatin can win and does year in and year out. Most other teams are not big fans of Gallatin anyway. No matter the outcome of all of this, Gallatin is still my number one.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming from a Gallatin alum, former player, and true fan:

Questionable??? Gallatin got the tar beat out of them, I have never saw a Gallatin football team give up that many points. Granted the officiating was terrible, but Gallatin ran into a angry metro team that was tired of all the metro schools cant win talk. Take away the situation, and I still think the Hunters Lane victory stands. If Gallatin were to meet them again, I think the result would be very different though.

We G-town fans can only hope and pray now.... B)

Tuttleizer,

I too have never seen a GreenWave team that flat. I think they had the wind knocked out of them from the events of that week not because HL was 3 or 4 td's better. Yes they got drilled but is HL that much better..... I don't think so.

FHS, I can't help but say that this IS, without a doubt, the TSSAA's fault. I agree that it would not be fair to have to practice with the mindset of playing one team, and then have to play another. In fact, Hendersonville is looking at video from both Dickson County and Brentwood. But if this goes in Gallatin's favor, I should hope that everyone will turn their anger to the TSSAA.

Again... I'm not a mouth piece for anyone, especially the TSSAA, but I just can't see how you guys are realistically blaming them for enforcing their rules? Sure your upset, but it isn't the TSSAA's responsibility to investigate every kid! That is the responsibility of the local school. If a kid's paperwork doesn't reflect the truth, then it is up to the school to clarify the situation. Maybe this kid was in limbo with his residence, and yes, maybe the rules need to be modified somewhat, but we can't play with what if... we must follow what is written. Taking this to court seeking an injunction just upsets every 5A school in the state (or at least two regions). I'm not trying to be against or for anyone... I'm just trying to be very practical.

I think that if this thing goes in Gallatin's favor, most everyone will be mad at us. Really, though, who gives a crap. The only reson that McGavock brought up this whole thing is the fact that Gallatin can win and does year in and year out. Most other teams are not big fans of Gallatin anyway. No matter the outcome of all of this, Gallatin is still my number one.

Amen.

The TSSAA has spoken. Life isn't fair. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's how I feel. If you chose to pursue this legally (which you have) and then some judge has a decision that adversely affects seven teams, yeah, I'm blaming Gallatin. To say that you don't care, that's bad, real bad. I had been pulling for Gallatin in this but not so much anymore- especially with that little comment. If we play someone other than Hunters Lane Friday night, you can expect to hear quite a bit from me.

Edited by FHSrebel27

ELA,

I must disagree with you.

Gallatin did everything in the book to make sure the transfer was legal. Should they be penalized for TSSAA's idiocy? No. TSSAA made a mistake and they can't just slap down a ruling and pretend they never did anything wrong, like approve an illegal transfer as legal, TWICE. Plus, I seriously doubt they were maliciously trying to lie on the transfer forms -- it was just a mistake that's easy to make.

What should happen?

Gallatin be reinstated in the playoffs. From this point on, the player is ineligible, unless a hardship is granted.

Again... I'm not a mouth piece for anyone, especially the TSSAA, but I just can't see how you guys are realistically blaming them for enforcing their rules? Sure your upset, but it isn't the TSSAA's responsibility to investigate every kid! That is the responsibility of the local school. If a kid's paperwork doesn't reflect the truth, then it is up to the school to clarify the situation. Maybe this kid was in limbo with his residence, and yes, maybe the rules need to be modified somewhat, but we can't play with what if... we must follow what is written. Taking this to court seeking an injunction just upsets every 5A school in the state (or at least two regions). I'm not trying to be against or for anyone... I'm just trying to be very practical.

ELA.....HELLO.... are you listening?

WHAT INFORMATION IS IN ERROR ON GALLATIN'S FORMS????????????

They did EVERYTHING by the book and got hammered. Well, it's all irrelevant now anyway. My phone call just now came with the bad news. Gtown has officially been raped. Shame on all you detractors. I wish any of you would stand up and tell Seth Clark, William Stephens, Sergio Bowers, and the rest of those guys who worked their rears of to overcome injuries, some nearly fatal, to have it all taken away like this. This senior class worked way to hard to be done this way. Changing the rules now does them absolutely no good.

CoachTFan... if you do that, you hurt the other 8 teams in Region 5 and Region 6 that are in the playoffs. In Glencliff's case, no game for them. For the other seven, they've been preparing all week for one team only to play another. That's not fair to them. Why because one school has had a supposed injustice done to them should you have an injustice done to eight others?

The TSSAA has spoken. Life isn't fair. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's how I feel. If you chose to pursue this legally (which you have) and then some judge has a decision that adversely affects seven teams, yeah, I'm blaming Gallatin. To say that you don't care, that's bad, real bad. I had been pulling for Gallatin in this but not so much anymore- especially with that little comment. If we play someone other than Hunters Lane Friday night, you can expect to hear quite a bit from me.

FHS give us a little room to vent. Why should we care right now. Gallatin has always been a model of integrity. We don't care about the system because it let us down.