Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

My only problem was the chance of playing someone we weren't prepared to play. If there had been an injunction to stop the playoffs for this week, that would have been OK with me. And thank you for understand where I was coming from. I hope you do continue with the legal process. Something went wrong somewhere and it needs to be fixed. Thank you for the wishes of luck to MY Rebels!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fhsrebel...we werent trying to mess up anything for anybody else. we just wanted what we worked for four years to earn....our region championship and shot at a state championship in our senior season. some of the eams that are now in the playoffs would have never been there if this crap hadnt happened to us. they didnt earn the right to be there and they sure dont deserve to be there.

fhsrebel...we werent trying to mess up anything for anybody else. we just wanted what we worked for four years to earn....our region championship and shot at a state championship in our senior season. some of the eams that are now in the playoffs would have never been there if this crap hadnt happened to us. they didnt earn the right to be there and they sure dont deserve to be there.

Hey Freddie I feel for you and the senior class. Due to no fault of your own you are made to suffer. I just wrote on another thread that the ball bounces both ways in football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Gallatin is just on the wrong side this time. Its kinda like going in for the winning touchdown and have it knocked out of your hands before reaching the goalline. (You know what I mean)

This senior class gave us fans plenty to cheer about. I got to see the longest run in Gallatin history, a perfectly masterful game vs Antioch, and 2 1000 yard rushers. Hey and we beat Beech and Hendersonville too. Not all is lost. We all know who won those games. They don't call them forfeits if you lose them.

This has been a long season #6. One in which you will have plenty of stories to tell the grand kids someday.

Thanks for the memories!!!

Gallatin is out...but just for this year!!! The freshman team and returning players will be very hungry. Very .......Hungry!!!

Like I have said all along, Gallatin is my number one. Tough that we can't go to the play-offs, but I hope that the TSSAA is set striaght. Keep me posted on the whole legal thing!

Congradulations Wave on an Excellent Season!!!

P.S. Maybe we will be that last team to suffer an injustice like this!

WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

I couldn't agree more. If anything this will keep someone else from being involved in a case like this. I too am proud of the way this team played this year. If ever there was a team at Gallatin that did not EVER quit it was you guys. From the opening game against Collierville (and we thought it was tough to play that night) the Smyrna game with Jamo having over 200 yards rushing and someone hitting 5 at the 1 when he had the game in his hands. To just a few weeks ago when HL was going in for a score and Ryan knocked the ball out at the 2 and we recovered. This team is the Epitome of what Greenwave Pride is all about. I wish only the best for your future's. And remember what Cub's fans always say...wait till next year.

ELA,

I must disagree with you.

Gallatin did everything in the book to make sure the transfer was legal.  Should they be penalized for TSSAA's idiocy? No. TSSAA made a mistake and they can't just slap down a ruling and pretend they never did anything wrong, like approve an illegal transfer as legal, TWICE. Plus, I seriously doubt they were maliciously trying to lie on the transfer forms -- it was just a mistake that's easy to make.

What should happen?

Gallatin be reinstated in the playoffs. From this point on, the player is ineligible, unless a hardship is granted.

What did the TSSAA say was wrong with the transfer? Didn't the kid have two addresses? Is that what they ruled? The reason they approved the original transfer (according to my sources) is that they didn't have all of the facts. Let me see if I can understand what happened? If John Doe moves into my school with an athletic record and reports for football requesting to play. The school has to request a transfer which is going to be approved if all of the paper work LOOKS correct. The TSSAA DOES NOT GO OUT AND INVESTIGATE ANYONE.... until another school complains! IN this case you must ask yourself, was JOHN DOE living FULL TIME in GALLATIN? OR did he share time with his step father in Nashville? After the investigation, didn't the TSSAA rule that he had dual residency between the parents? I'm not sure so someone fill me in with all of the details?

Yes, this is terrible for the kids at Gallatin, but I still contend that the TSSAA has no choice but to follow the rules of the association. IF the rules must be changed, then I suggest that someone at Gallatin sit down and draw up new rules to present to the TSSAA at the Winter meeting. Good luck!

ELA,

Your feelings fly above your reasoning.

The TSSAA has no choice, because they choose to have no choice. The rules do not have to be changed. They are fine. The problem rests in how TSSAA handled the situation.

TSSAA in a sense has committed double jeopardy. In good faith, Gallatin went above and beyond to make sure that the player in question was eligible. TSSAA ruled the player eligible twice, therefore Gallatin became not guilty of any transfer offense that could have been committed by this kid. However, the TSSAA then ruled him ineligible ex post facto. The second time around, the TSSAA changed the ruling and punished Gallatin. Call it however you want, but this is clearly holding Gallatin in double jeopardy.

It's different if Gallatin had never checked on the kid. If they had never made sure about the kid, Gallatin could legally be accused by another school and punished. But this was not the case. The TSSAA made two rulings and has held Gallatin in double jeopardy. Plain and Simple.

Thanks Coachtfan. The TSSAA messed up and are they man enough to do the right thing? No.... not my words ELA... Coach Lassiter's.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

GreenWave seniors, you guys are a special group. You deserved better than this. Good post #6.

Edited by Wireman

I'm sure this was discussed earlier in the thread, but I don't feel like going back over all 28 pages to find it, so why exactly did McGavock report Gallatin? Gallatin had already been cleared twice so why did MHS report them? Did the player come from McGavock or what?

Because we whipped the crud out of them and because they have someone on the board to back it up.

Actually he did come from McGavock but they didn't do anything until the season was practically over. They accused Gallatin of running up the score on them. The TSSAA approved his eligibility twice, Gallatin sat him out two games pending approval, then again when he was ruled ineligible and subsequently Gallatin forfeited all of their wins that he played in. Gallatin IS the 5 5A champ and got shafted out of a playoff spot.