Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

Why SHOULD we?! The TSSAA ruled against Gallatin. The playoff BRACKET is set. They may have one ready if some judge orders Gallatin into the playoffs, but there is only one official bracket out there. The TSSAA didn't put an adviso out "prepare for both of these teams." That's crazy! You can't sufficiently prepare for a playoff game by preparing for two teams. Again, it's not OUR fault that the TSSAA's decision was not what you wanted. Why punish us by forcing us to play someone other than who was decided we would play Friday night? That wouldn't be right.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELA, the final ruling was made because of a discrepency in the addresses between Kyle and his brother who actually does live in the McGavock area. And to everyone who is turning their back on Gallatin now(even though the ruling will probably go against them) what would your team have done in this situation? Would you sit and let the apparent injustice be done? I didn't think so. You would want what is best for your team.

ELA, the final ruling was made because of a discrepency in the addresses between Kyle and his brother who actually does live in the McGavock area. And to everyone who is turning their back on Gallatin now(even though the ruling will probably go against them) what would your team have done in this situation? Would you sit and let the apparent injustice be done? I didn't think so. You would want what is best for your team.

I just don't see the injustice. Every school who has every had this happened to them anywhere in the nation (every association has this basic same rule... even many youth football teams) deserved to continue into the playoffs. They all worked very hard, but because of the mistakes of a few, they had to forfeit games. Yes, it is terrible! But for some of you to continue to blame the TSSAA because of a "paperwork error on the part of Gallatin" is ridiculous. Either the paper work and addresses were right or they were wrong. Again.... this organization exists only because its members "self regulate themselves." MY HAT IS OFF TO CPA and Coach Pack. He reported his problem to the TSSAA and took what came his way! You guys have had your day in court and it is over. Maybe you can take it up again later, but for now, it is over so let's just drop it!

The only reason that CPA reported themselves is because the HAD ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING WRONG!!! Are you on the TSSAA appeal board? I didn't think so... So how do you know that there was a problem with paperwork. The only reason for the sustaining of the decision was because of a difference in addresses between the brother and Kyle. There was no malicious, misleading deception like you are describing. And still, NO ONE has reported what Gallatin was in violation of. Additionally, this whole story isn't out yet. Maybe Gallatin might have known before hand that the TSSAA has done some things not directly in accordance to the law. Whatever the outcome, I will stand on it till the day I die. Gallatin did nothing wrong. Nothing.

The only reason that CPA reported themselves is because the HAD ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING WRONG!!!  Are you on the TSSAA appeal board?  I didn't think so...  So how do you know that there was a problem with paperwork.  The only reason for the sustaining of the decision was because of a difference in addresses between the brother and Kyle.  There was no malicious, misleading deception like you are describing.  And still, NO ONE has reported what Gallatin was in violation of.  Additionally, this whole story isn't out yet.  Maybe Gallatin might have known before hand that the TSSAA has done some things not directly in accordance to the law.  Whatever the outcome, I will stand on it till the day I die.  Gallatin did nothing wrong.  Nothing.

Here's the bottom line... if the kid lived in Gallatin with his legal guardians and all of the paperwork was done correctly with the CORRECT INFORMATION (all of it), then why would the TSSAA rule the way it did? Are you saying that Ronnie Carter doesn't like someone at Gallatin and he was out to get them? I think this is much more simple than what is being told. I think it was a matter of interpreting the rules and a BAD ADDRESS. Under the current rules, that is enough to rule the young man ineligible. I'm sorry for the school but it could have happened to any number of schools and the TSSAA would have ruled the same way. A judge follows the law and the TSSAA follows the rules of the association. IF HOWEVER, you can prove that Mr. Carter has it out for you guys, then you have a real case to go to court with! Again... Good Luck!

None of us have it out for Gallatin! I really feel sorry for the team and their fans!

Edited by ELA

The offical verdict is in.

The judge ruled in favor of the Shipley family. The judge has said that the kid and family in question did not get "due process" in his case.

However, there was no injunction to the playoffs. Gallatin was not reinstated.

Somebody with more legal sense than myself will have to explain this.

Lawyers will be meeting tommorrow to discuss the next step.

"Bona fide" change of address. VolunteerGeneral.

It appears that all the people spouting that the TSSAA is so good, take your ball and go home have left. According to the ruling....there is something amiss at the TSSAA.

Gallatin, I believe became the sacrifical lamb for the good of the many.

FHSrebel27

The thought had crossed my mind too that an injunction would effect the other teams in both Regions 5 & 6. It would have been a bad situation for all involved, however, since that's not going to happen, there's no since arguing about it. Please understand that we just wanted what our kids deserved and earned and that was going into the playoffs as the Region 5-5A champs and the number #1 seed. Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now!!

I imagine that we will continue to pursue the lawsuits and hopefully, the truth will come out in all of this and maybe we can prevent this from happening to another school. (Maybe even get some things changed)

Keep supporting the cause!! It's the right thing to do!! Eventually justice will be served!!

Good luck to "your" Rebels in post-season play!!

As for "my" Green Wave, we'll see you next year!!!

Respectfully - Wavelink101

FHSrebel27

The thought had crossed my mind too that an injunction would effect the other teams in both Regions 5 & 6. It would have been a bad situation for all involved, however, since that's not going to happen, there's no since arguing about it. Please understand that we just wanted what our kids deserved and earned and that was going into the playoffs as the Region 5-5A champs and the number #1 seed. Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now!!

I imagine that we will continue to pursue the lawsuits and hopefully, the truth will come out in all of this and maybe we can prevent this from happening to another school. (Maybe even get some things changed)

Keep supporting the cause!! It's the right thing to do!! Eventually justice will be served!!

Good luck to "your" Rebels in post-season play!!

As for "my" Green Wave, we'll see you next year!!!

Respectfully - Wavelink101

Now that is a good post!!!!!