How is Maryville Ranked No. 1 in 4A?

Philster043

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares it's 4a step up with the big boys. Hey Brentwood Academy did it. Maybe the little bitty town of Maryville is just scared to play the powerhouses of 5A football. If you've got the tradition you claim, step up.

Let me guess you have an axe to grind with Maryville? I guess that is why you are living on all their threads right now. Were you really in High School in 91? If so it is time to GROW UP! Just a reminder The Oak Ridge MildCats have not "stepped up" since 1991. :D

What is the win/loss percentage of Melrose?? About the same as Maryville's. Most of the teams they play are in vicinity of .500. A 35 game win streak doesn't impress anyone (outside of Maryville) when the teams are often less than mediocre. The win/loss record is not relevant when talking about Melrose, that will be handled in December. YOUR win/loss record is important when you make reference to your 35 game win streak. If the II-AAA teams could hide behind pushover all year, my God they would have a million game win streak too. I play for Christian Brothers and our combined opponent record is something like 60-30. That's not that much tougher though is it?

Edited by brothers15

What is the win/loss percentage of Melrose?? About the same as Maryville's. Most of the teams they play are in vicinity of .500. A 35 game win streak doesn't impress anyone (outside of Maryville) when the teams are often less than mediocre. The win/loss record is not relevant when talking about Melrose, that will be handled in December. YOUR win/loss record is important when you make reference to your 35 game win streak. If the II-AAA teams could hide behind pushover all year, my God they would have a million game win streak too. I play for Christian Brothers and our combined opponent record is something like 60-30. That's not that much tougher though is it?

Bro15. If the DI Schools in 4A could recruit all over the country they would probably play combined 60-30 teams too. You are comparing apples and oranges. But don't worry you are not the first private to get irritated by Maryville's success. I am sure Melrose has a good team. And if Maryville is forunate to get back to the title game Melrose may very well take it to them. I am not going to make any predictions because we are not even there yet. As far as the 35 game win streak to me it is like a ball and chain. I am proud of it but I don't think De Lasalle has lost since early last decade so there have been some a lot better than ours. I am just proud of what Maryville has accomplished in 4A which is where they have been for quite a while and no one took issue with that fact until they started winning like they have the past five or six years. You will never hear me say we are unbeatable because no one is. It just seem their success the past few years make some feel they need to come up with every way possible to belittle their accomplishments. That makes me want to hire gillyboat to get someone to stomp and mud hole and do a whiteshoes johnson moon walk through it.

most private schools play better because of discipline, in their overall lives, not because of recruiting, while i will go with anyone that they do pick up a couple of players through the years, most of the kids on the teams were there through the middle school years. most of the reason they get anyone from out of town or state is the parents want them to get tough disciplined educations. given all of that, you people need to shutup about maryville playin pushovers. they may play some weak teams, but so does everyone else, this isnt the nfl. u play who yur given, also maryville usually beats the pushovers by blowout scores, not to mention, whenever they do play good teams, they win, k central, east, motown, hillsboro, cleveland, and many other of 4A's best over the years. this year i will promise you maryville isnt the best team in the state, they may be in 4A, i dont even know for sure they were the best last year, but they are always great, great teams find ways to win. no one on this forum should ever say anything about maryville being overrated or not great, because if you do, its obvious yur ignorant, anyone who knows sports, knows the most talented team doesnt always win but recognizes greatness is always finding a way to win. a win is a win, and 35 straight is no pushover. i would have put maryville against anyone in 1998, and 2001, maybe even last year as they had a lot of heart and found ways to win in every situation, this year i would put them against anyone, and if anyone slipped up they would win. to downgrade a great program like maryville can only show u r dumb, give them their respect, ya they like to get on here and defend themselves all of the time, but u kinda have to when everybodys out to get you. and if cleveland were winnin states left and right again i would be the first one on here making 50 posts about it, enjoy it while you can, it will all be over before you know it. dont worry maryville people, everyone else is jealous they cant win 35 straight and what is it over the last 6 years? they have to try to explain why they are not as consistant as a program as yall by building a perception of you that yur not THAT good, "they just play pushovers". they are playin propaganda with their own minds. and tryin to spread it against to everyone else. and if nobody outside of maryville thinks much of them, there must be a whole lot of nobodys. just ask any high school coach in the state about maryville.

Who cares it's 4a step up with the big boys. Hey Brentwood Academy did it. Maybe the little bitty town of Maryville is just scared to play the powerhouses of 5A football. If you've got the tradition you claim, step up.

Let’s see 91HasBeen and Sillygoat are no doubt implying that Oak Ridge is a state power house or something. Since when? 91 and the 70’s were some time ago and most of us tent to belong to the “What’s happening now” crowd. Good luck to your cats, they have class that you do not.

Pepvol you are right, jealousy does bring out the losers and has beens out of the wood work! Go reb's, Clinton Next

great post anspa !!! i guess as a CLEVELAND fan you can relate to all the crap the MARYVILLE fans have to put up with . i know that when CLEVELAND was dominating the early 90's , the MARYVILLE fans were not putting CLEVELAND down one bit , we were amazed how badly you all kicked our butts and went about trying to improve to CLEVELAND'S level instead of whining and crying about it . these guys that get on here and spew their venom towards MARYVILLE are pathetic losers and would have been whining about CLEVELAND too when they were dominating . a real winner can recognize another's great achievements and go out and try to get better to match or beat that greatness . a loser will waller in self pity and insecurities and point the finger at the winner and accuse them of cheating or getting lucky or anything to take away from their achievement . it truly is pathetic to see grown men act in such an undignified way .