Jefferson Co. vs. William Blount

cruzey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rip, Ronald Osbourne and Brad Walker are the fastest 2 kids in Blount County. They can run.

I know Jefferson County has a lot of speed also. My nephew coaches at William Blount. He said that Jeff County has a very good quarterback,A great athlete at receiver and some very good running backs. He said that Jeff County can pass the ball and run the ball very well. Very balanced offense.

Govman, I think it would be best if you take the long way to and from the game so you will have more time to think about your stupid comments made here on this thread. You must be insane to think that anyone from Jeff. Co. will be impressed with anyone's speed at WB after watching Scooter Houston. Just a little friendly statement. All of you WB fans that have not already painted a big "S" on Houston and Jennings' chest...you might as well go ahead and put it there. Jeff. Co. will not only beat WB, they will blow them out. Just remind the WB players to ask for their butts back when this one is over.

Govman, you have said some pretty crazy things on this website but the over/under predictions may have just taken the cake.

Rip,

Earlier on this thread, I was complimenting the "classiness" of the fans of Jefferson County. Thanks to you, my perception just dropped a notch.

As far as speed goes ... (first of all, no one has claimed that Blount has any players as skilled as Jennings and Houston) ... but I'll guarantee you that Blount's #33, Brad Walker, is in the same league as Houston or anyone else you have. As a 14 year old, Walker has ran some 18 & under world class 200m times. It's ok to be proud of your boys and brag on them, but get all your facts before you say something completely without basis and completely stupid. I'm very familiar with Houston's speed and his exploits on the track as well. I'm not saying that Walker is faster, but he's in the same league.

As far as those "S's" on their chests.... could be. But just hope that our DE #14, doesn't mistake those S's for "bulls-eyes."

I won't guess at one of our other backs (Ronald Osbourne) speed ... but I do know that he won three games this year with punt returns late in the fourth quarter.

You're probably right Rip, but I'll tell you what, I'll save your message just in case and remind you of it after the game is actually played.

Lawyer

WB hasn`t played anybody? what do you call Maryville,Knox Central,and Oak ridge they have played people

Sit down, close your mouth and do not speak unless spoken to. Thats not what I said, if you wanna sit around and wait for me to slip and post something stupid dont hold your breath.

Well they say J & Scoot walk around like they got an S on their chests, Id say its more like a Bat and a Robin, Id guess that fits best. (Dont make me rhyme anymore)

I think for a D line to stop JC they will have to just play thier game and not try to guess outside or up the middle. Because then they will be chasing all over the field, to stop JJJr and Scoot they will just have to fill thier gaps and let the backers make the tackles Id say.

I dont know what the latest forecast is but Ive heard cold and no rain. The field should still have that November Playoff sog to it though.

Two more things, my Jeff County friends. 1. Is it better for me to take the interstate from Knoxville or to take hwy (11?/25?) can't remember the number but the one that goes by Helma's. and 2. If it rains, I'd have to think it would hurt Jeff County more than it would Blount. agree or disagree??

You're best bet is to take I-40 to Exit 417. When you take the exit, turn left at the red light at the bottom of the hill, and the school is about 1.5 miles down the road on the left.

Hey Govman, World class 200m times...I thought a football field was only 100 yards long. Anyway, I have seen this Walker guy run track and I have also seen Houston blow his doors in the 200m. How did Walker finish in the 200m at the state track meet...Oh, I forgot, he shaved his head and still did not qualify in any events. When are you going to realize that the liitle Blount County world you live in is not reality. I have even seen these guys play on the field and they are not impressive there either. Just for the record, people in Jefferson County have plenty of class, but we have no patience for people who get on websites and say stupid stuff. Come on Govman, even you have to have some sense about yourself.

Hey Govman, World class 200m times...I thought a football field was only 100 yards long. Anyway, I have seen this Walker guy run track and I have also seen Houston blow his doors in the 200m. How did Walker finish in the 200m at the state track meet...Oh, I forgot, he shaved his head and still did not qualify in any events. When are you going to realize that the liitle Blount County world you live in is not reality. I have even seen these guys play on the field and they are not impressive there either. Just for the record, people in Jefferson County have plenty of class, but we have no patience for people who get on websites and say stupid stuff. Come on Govman, even you have to have some sense about yourself.

Rip7,

I ought to have my head examined for continuing to argue with a kid, but I'll bite one more time. After that, I'm done ... until tomorrow morning.

Your boy Houston ran to a 7th place finish as a junior at state. His time was 23.21. Walker, as a freshman, has ran under 23.5 ... as a freshman. He'll get faster my friend.

I don't know about liitle [sic] Blount County being "reality" but we do know how to deal with facts.

I'll agree with you about people in Jeff County having class. I know several of them. It's too bad about you. You've tainted an otherwise enjoyable thread. Let me know if you need me to explain what "taint" means.

Back to the topic... I haven't seen William Blount play this year so I can only speculate by others' comments. It sounds as though WB has enormous talent at several postions. (and so do the Pats..) The game will probably start off quick w/ a score or something then sslllooww down in the 2nd quarter... that will make the 2nd half exciting. ... I agree with Lawyer... the offensive line isn't as great as some but in the Wing T you don't necessarily have to be great to get it done because before ya know it the play is past you. I wish the best of luck to both teams but in the end the Pats will have taken the Govenors Mansion.

Hey boyz!

Rip 7 what is your deal. Even a girl can tell that Gov Man is one of the most gracious posters on here.

If he weren't married...I would consider dating him!

You my friend seem to be blinded by the Patriots as much as you accuse him of being blinded by the Govs.

Believe me, Blount County is the place to be! I want to remind you...Maryville and Alcoa are in Blount County.

You all do have the Dandridge Seafood House and Douglas Lake though! Cowboys might be in Jeff County too, maybe it is Sevier though.

Speaking of Alcoa...Scott Meadows was there wasn't he? State Championship? Yes I believe he was...however, no matter the outcome of tonights contest...the winner will not be the state champions this year! What's your bet on that?

So what we are really talking about is...close but no cigar! Jeff County ain't there yet. Scooter and JJ will be watching in December just like Walker. I'd be willing to bet Walker is the better student and gets to class faster than those two.

I heard Walker's time to class is 1.26. I bet Scooter and JJ just barely get there on time.

One other thing...Maryville has won 3 state championships in a row...a Jeff County boy had to come to "Blount County" to win them though. If Jeff County was/is going to be so good...why didn't he just stay there?

The glory days for Jeff County football left with the Collins', George Quarles and Kip Jones!

Love you boyz!

:D