macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

Fanman.... you up this early on an off day??? I normally stay off, but reading this stuff has been too much fun.  I will have to agree with you on the overlooking last time issue.  I remember beating Macon 61-0 at their place with them getting no sniff of the end zone.  When it boils down to it, their fans and players remember each of those beatings too.  Coach Dyer and his staff have done an excellent job this season.  However, in the end, tradition will prevail.....  Smith Co. by 2 TD's.

I will be in touch with you later about riding arrangements!!!

DILL PICKLE

I can remember Macon Co. beat the night chickens 56 - 0, and can also remember another time Macon beat SC, this year. SC sniffed the end zone all night long, but scored just once.

But you know what? It don't mean squat, neither does tradition

HECK, THE TIGERS ARE MAKIN THEIR OWN TRADITION !!!!

What year did ya'll beat us 56-0? It must have been in the sixties or earlier. What century was that?

The year was 1966. Now what year did SC beat MC 61 -0?

MY point is , is it don't matter.

I think it was actually 60-0. It was Dirkson's junior or senior year (87 or 88). Macon dropped us the next season.

My book says,87 SC-21 MC-7 . 88 SC-49 MC-8

Pick you back up in 91.

What is Dirkson doing these days. He was a fine football player.

You are correct about the '88 score. That is the year you dropped us. I don't know about Dirkson...maybe someone else does. I know that a couple of years ago he was doing very well. I was probably thinking about the '87 Trousdale score.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"WHEW", I didn't think I was ever going to get caught up on this thread. I have got to get me a computer at home. Miss one day and "BAM" about ten pages have been added. But, until then, I guess the one at work will have to do. :lol: All this bashing and trash talk and everything makes me wonder if the game will ever get started! The fight in the stands between the fans may cancel the game before kickoff! :) I know it will be a tough one. (I just wish we were playing. :( )

Fan is no longer sad. (I think he's getting mad!)

Twan - you got somebody in your head? (It's usually empty! j/k)

Queenie - Honorary SC MAFIA Member? (I should be one of those.)

Miss KITTY - I always miss you when you're not here. :) (Nuff' said!)

B)

(I apologize to those I have missed - maybe next time!)

Edited by PPride

PPride you should know by now, we Macon Co and Smith Co. people got alot of mouth on us. We can go on and on & make about 12 more pages of posts.

Aww, we won't fight in the stands. Every Friday nite I enter & exit through the Visitor's stands. I live on the edge. :lol: Actually, everyone is always really nice to me..Because I'm just so sweet to them. :lol: (I am actually) So ya'll look for me. I'll be the one with the "poofy" blonde hair.. Can't miss me :P (Ain't that right MrsTigerfan?) Nuff said! ;)

PPride you should know by now, we Macon Co and Smith Co. people got alot of mouth on us. We can go on and on & make about 12 more pages of posts.

Aww, we won't fight in the stands. Every Friday nite I enter & exit through the Visitor's stands. I live on the edge. :lol: Actually, everyone is always really nice to me..Because I'm just so sweet to them. :lol: (I am actually) So ya'll look for me. I'll be the one with the "poofy" blonde hair.. Can't miss me :P (Ain't that right MrsTigerfan?) Nuff said! ;)

Blonde huh...nah...I won't say it. hehehe :o

"WHEW", I didn't think I was ever going to get caught up on this thread. I have got to get me a computer at home. Miss one day and "BAM" about ten pages have been added. But, until then, I guess the one at work will have to do. :lol: All this bashing and trash talk and everything makes me wonder if the game will ever get started! The fight in the stands between the fans may cancel the game before kickoff! :lol: I know it will be a tough one. (I just wish we were playing. :o )

Fan is no longer sad. (I think he's getting mad!)

Twan - you got somebody in your head? (It's usually empty! j/k)

Queenie - Honorary SC MAFIA Member? (I should be one of those.)

Miss KITTY - I always miss you when you're not here. :P (Nuff' said!)

B)

(I apologize to those I have missed - maybe next time!)

Pride...I am so hurt. You know my head is only half empty. ;)

I'm from Greenbrier ( in case you couldn't tell) , and I was just wantin to say good luck to both teams, and I'm lookin forward to playin either one of you in the weeks to come. We have already played Macon county in a scrimmage this year, so I am decently familiar with that squad, but I was wonderin about Smith county. Are they solid all over, do they have a certain player that carries the team, or do they rely on heart and execution? I was just wonderin, and any input would be appreciated. Good luck again to both teams.

Take this at face value I guess. I am from Macon Co and I will say that Smith Co. is a solid team. They do have some outstanding players as well. They are an excellent program. I guess I would even say I enjoy watching them play. BUT, you know I have to pull for my home team as well. Macon definitely has their work cut out for them. I think that we will do alright though.