macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all i can say, is to smith county, we can talk all the trash we want to online. but as always, the only thing that really matters, is that we support our high school players out there on the field, no matter who wins, region 4 is going down the road to knoxville, and i will be behind macon or smith county. hopefully, see either the tigers or the owls attend the state championship game down here in my team's stadium, good luck to both teams.

The atmosphere at MC in the last two years has been far better than at the jungle that you are eluding to. Sorry to let you know that but there are tougher places with louder fans to play than at ole' Gtown.

Twilight zone...again....I didn't post this.

Edited by bigreid

well my friends, and my rivals..... i am going to bed now, with sweet dreams and visions of tigers dancing around in my head, fond memories of last time we met up, and the fond vision of the rematch to come, for what a game it will be.. only bad thing is it is only tuesday morn right now, and i have to wait two more days... but good night too all and see your friday night

Hey Queenie,

This Tiger fan will be there long before halftime....and I am coming from Alabama for this one. I will be there long before 6 Friday night. This is going to be a real barn burner. Will have a great seat no matter where you are at this week. Home side, away side, across the street in a tree...this is one game for the ages of this rivalry and may the best team win.

Well the past two years when I played, I havent played in a place louder other than probably Beene Colesium in SP. Carthage isn't all that loud although that freaking train was getting on my nerves. I was standng right under it and they blew it every chance they got. It ticked me off. I never played in MC stadim, but when the tennesseean did a survey a few years back, G-ville was in the top 5 hardest stadiums to play in in Mid TN, along with Lincoln county and Portland in there and TC, there was one more but I can't remeber. I dont remeber SC and MC amog that list. But G-ville is a very hostile place and Macon in my view isn't. I have not been there since my sophmore year so I really cant go by that. I will be there Friday night and I have no doubt in my mind that it will be loud. I just think G-ville is louder. Now I have been to G-ville when you could hear a pin drop, like last Friday night and when they were playing like WHH or MJCA. But good luck. I will be rooting for SC ofcourse b/c I am from there. By the way, is that stupid train horn coming on Friday night.

First of all, I wish both teams good luck in this one, cause both will need it. After what I've read in the 200-something posts in this thread, I'll throw my 2 cents worth in. With regards to respect, all that matters is the respect of the people who watch and the team on the other side of the field. Forget the media, they just glamorize it too much. You want respect?? Go out and win a championship, that's how you earn it. Both teams are great teams, if they weren't, they wouldn't be here. Now, I remember a TC playoff game last year where their opponents missed an extra point early in the game. My thought was this: it's gonna cost them later. It did. They lost. Point is, the team who will win is the one who does the little things the best and doesn't make mistakes. Snaps, hand-offs, blocks, kicks. All of them are overlooked but are so important in football. After seeing the GC game, I believe MC has had their fundamentally bad game out of the way. It will be a great game, with the potential for 15,000 fans to show up. As for a prediction, right down to the wire, but MC to complete the sweep, 17-14. But a word to SC's kicker, don't miss an extra point, cause they always seem to cost a team the game. :D

Ppride, thanks for supporting the tigers in this one, only thing i can guarantee is it is going to be a good one. and if smith county dosn't bring there best game, they will be eliminated, and the home winning streak will continue.

Where in the world did you get that idea? :D I have never once said that I was supporting the Tigers in this one. I will support you "IF" you win this Friday, but as for this one, I'm pulling for the "MIGHTY OWLS!!!" I have said several times that I graduated from SC so I don't have a clue where you got that from.

:o

(I don't want to be on the MAFIA's hit list! I'm asking for an honorary membership! SHEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!) :D

Where in the world did you get that idea? :D I have never once said that I was supporting the Tigers in this one. I will support you "IF" you win this Friday, but as for this one, I'm pulling for the "MIGHTY OWLS!!!" I have said several times that I graduated from SC so I don't have a clue where you got that from.

B)

(I don't want to be on the MAFIA's hit list! I'm asking for an honorary membership! SHEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!) :o

Pride..now what was that shoe size again? B):D

Pride..now what was that shoe size again? :o:D

See what you have caused demonchild? Cement shoes are so out of style on land! Twan, he can't prove that I said anything about supporting the Tigers this week! You know I'm for the "Black & Gold"!!! :D

B)

(I might need some Macon Co. help on this one........Miss KITTY!!! B) )