Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

Guest region4fan

I am telling you that both of these teams need to get their # of penalties to a more respectable number. It is ridiculous to have so many so late in the season. They can break you fast!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great battle. But before all of you count LC out... this is looking a lot like Franklin-Brentwood last year. Brentwood struggled through the first two rounds and then ended up beating a good team for the second time in the season. I don't know who I want to win... but I'll say the Falcons pull it out 24-23.

This will be another game of defenses just like the Smyrna game. The defense that's able to minimize or eliminate the other team from making big plays will win the game for their team. Just like I said the smyrna game would be controlled by the defenses and not the offenses, this one will as well. Both teams offeneses will struggle to execute at times and shoot themselves in the foot some, but both teams will also have moments where they do everything flawlessly. I see another really close game with the score swinging back and forth, flinging everyone's emotions too and fro. If the winner of this game is able to get their emotions and drive back for the semifinal game they will win the state. LC just doesn't loose state when they get there, and Riverdale always plays their best game of the season when they play for state. Both of these teams can really play, now what's left to decide is who plays best this coming friday night.

This should be a good football game. The intangibles will be early field position, this very important, special teams, and keeping away from turnovers! My head says advantage Falcons (SIZE & ATHLETES) My heart goes with the Warriors (Spike, Miller, Dalton all ex-Mustangs) from region 4 5a! Hey one good thing that came from the Smyrna/LC game was that the Bulldogs did put some doubt in the Falcons and their faithful fans minds! I plan to be there cheering the Warriors on! Good luck friday to both teams and god keep everyone safe! :)

Riverdale is much improved since the first meeting, but I assume that LC is also. It is hard to beat a good team twice in the same season, but home field advantage has to be considered also.

It is now down to eight teams, and Riverdale is one of them. So many other teams that got a lot of press are not - Brentwood, Jeff. County, etc. Great year for a very young Warrior team. Hopefully it won't end Friday night.

The Pit will be a great place to be this Friday night.

Hey one good thing that came from the Smyrna/LC game was that the Bulldogs did put some doubt in the Falcons and their faithful fans minds! Good luck friday to both teams and god keep everyone safe! :D

I'd say just the opposite. For weeks people on here have been yakking about how Lincoln County hasn't played any tough teams and their lack of competition has made them soft. It was speculated that because all of our games had been run-aways, that we wouldn't be able to cope when pressed by a team that could play us a close game. Well, Oakland and Smyrna stepped up to the plate. They played excellently against us. Smyrna especially poured it on. We won the game with 16 seconds to go. Can't get very much closer than that. Our team proved that when we have to pull it out, we can do it. Sorry, but I think this has shown our guys and fans that they don't have to have doubts or give up--even when the fat lady is warming up to sing. As Michael Edmiston said it, they never panicked. They were cool, calm and took it to the goal line when they needed to. I think last night just showed that we can go out there and do the job that needs to be done.

Was last night's game like our previous ones? No. But nobody expected it to be. Let's give Oakland and Smyrna credit here. They came to play and play they did. We respect that and their talent. At this stage in the playoffs, I'd be disappointed if each team didn't play well and give us competition. I'd also be disappointed at this point if we didn't do the same. Hey, guys, this rise to the top is almost over. All the teams from here on out should be really good. Therefore, we'll have good games. Let's show respect for all teams and give credit where credit is due. Let's post positive things and not negative. And most of all, remember that these are kids playing a sport that they love. Let's not play mind games here and keep this thing in perspective.

Slim, I like the way you ended your post: "Good luck Friday to both teams and God keep everyone safe!"

I dont know why, or how it will happen, but i think Riverdale pulls it out. Everyone knows its hard to beat the same team twice in one season i.e Oakland. Plus the last time LC beat Riverdale in the reg season Riverdale went on to womp the Falcons in the playoffs. I know its not the same team on both sides but history does tend to repeat itself. :D