Riverdale at Lincoln Co

kccc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See! You're free to come see the game then! :lol:

I will definitely be there. We scrimmaged Lincoln early in the year and of course we played Riverdale during the regular season. We were fortunate to beat them at Tomahawk Stadium 36-29 in what was an unbelieveable game. For the record I am not a player or student but I have my way of being at every game and having an exceptional seat. From knowing a little bit about both teams allow me to say this, Lincoln will try to administer the knockout punch early. If Riverdale can withstand the initial impact then we will have a trmendous game on our hands. As always Riverdale is extremely fast and athletic relying on the big play. They better not this week. There gameplan should be to maintain ball-control much like we (Dickson) did against them and Franklin. Running the play clock to zero on every snap can pay huge dividends. I'm not sure they are physical enough to pull it off though and for that reason I am going to pick Lincoln in a tight game 19-13. I look forward to an exciting game as my blood still runs orange and blue even though we are unfortunately finished.

Riverdale is extremely fast and athletic relying on the big play.

As I said in an earlier post, LC is fast, athletic, and BIG....and they can make a few big plays of their own, as evidenced last Friday night. Both teams can score anytime from anywhere. This promises to be a great spectator game. I think I'll be one.

I know Riverdale has gotten better, but they haven't gotten bigger, stronger, or faster. Next year should be their year, but I believe this year belongs to the Falcons. LC will win by a bigger margin than the first time, provided they don't turn the ball over and provided they don't let Rankin catch 'em sleeping with some trickery. No doubt, Coach Rankin will have a thing or three up his sleeve.

Playing in The Pit has got to be worth something.

Lincoln will try to administer the knockout punch early.

As always Riverdale is extremely fast and athletic relying on the big play. They better not this week.

There gameplan should be to maintain ball-control much like we (Dickson) did against them and Franklin. Running the play clock to zero on every snap can pay huge dividends.

I'm not sure they are physical enough to pull it off though and for that reason I am going to pick Lincoln

You are certainly right on point 1. LC likes to go for the kill early.

You are right, also, on point 2. LC can match Riverdale big play for big play.

And, you are right on point 3. Riverdale needs to play ball control and keep Edmiston on the sidelines. Edmiston on the field equals POINTS.

On point 4, right again. Riverdale is not as physical as LC, so I favor LC also.

Barring penalties and costly turnovers, Lincoln County should win a few more converts Friday night.

"On point 4, right again. Riverdale is not as physical as LC, so I favor LC also.

Barring penalties and costly turnovers, Lincoln County should win a few more converts Friday night."

inot2bad, I agree totally except I get drilled for saying that in an earlier thread. I have family in Lincoln County. I know all about the club and their great running back down to about every last detail but hey, I guess some people rather bash than say something competent. You pretty much layed out all the high points of the matchup. Good job. ;)