Hillsboro-Melrose game

gator

I saw the Hillsboro-Melrose game tonight. Two of Melrose's touchdowns came on fumble returns. Melrose didn't really impress me that much. Hillsboro was able to run the ball on Melrose. The fullback for Hillsboro (Bryant #2) went out of the game with what looked to be a knee injury, so I don't know if he will play next week or not.

That being said, I don't think either one of these teams could beat Maryville next week. As much as anyone (excluding Maryville fans), I would like to see a new 4A champ next week, but I don't see it happening. JMHO.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, was at tonight's game and it was one of the most exciting and emotional games that I have ever witnessed at the high school level. Congratulations to Coach Ron Aydelott and his entire coaching staff along with all of the Burro team members for their focus and work ethic. The only negative coming out of tonight's win, is the possible loss of Calvin Bryant for next week's State Championship. This kid has been a leader for HHS all season and I know he will continue to lead and be an inspiration, even if it is from the sidelines next Saturday in Murfreesboro!

l also was at this game . i was neutral in this game but was rooting for melrose b/c they are the team that put us out last week. well from my stand point i personsally thought that melrose got cheated in this game. the refs made many calls that nobody in the stands even saw. including the hilsboro fans. but thats still not the point melrose had plenty of oppurtunities to win this game. great season to a great team. good luck to the burros as they move on

oh yea melrose had more fans than the hilsboro had. just like last week the melrose faithful filled up thier side of the bleachers and then started to feel up the home sides bleachers.

Edited by juicyt

Juicyt

And just how was Melrose cheated? Show me one call the "Hillsboro fans" didn't see that we benefitted from. I'll tell you one Melrose got that kept them in the game: a gift third touchdown from the refs. Hillsboro player (I think it was Tibbs) and the ball were downed by contact after a run up the middle for a few yards, but no whistle! Melrose picks the ball up and runs it 50 yards for a BOGUS TD. The refs were holding the whistles all night. Your boys were the benefit of 4 turnovers (we got the 5th back) and still couldn't win it. What more did you want?

Melrose's offense only drove the length of the field ONCE for a score. Their so called stout defense gave up all of Hillsboro's points. The had it on the HB 2 yard line with 40 seconds left in the game and still couldn't get points. What semi-final team worth its salt can't kick a 19 yard FG to win a game?...Melrose. Since their FG kicker is also the stud QB, I would have pulled a fake FG first play from the 2, pitched it to Heffner and taken my chances.

GO BURROS!!!!!

Melrose is a good team. Hillsboro is a good team. Both teams are well coached.

Unfourtuantely, some calls went against both teams. It was a great game, and it was tough to see either team lose such a hard fought contest.

Congratulations to Melrose on a good season. Coach Ingram is doing a great job with this team, and he has a lot of character.

Anyone who doesn't think Hillsboro can win next week, keep typing. You can eat your words next Saturday night for dinner.

I wasn't at the game I was in a nice warm gym watching basketball. I don't see how either team could sustain the cold weather for that one. It is one thing when you build up to the cold through the season but over night it has to be tough on the kids bodies to get use to that kind of cold. I mean it is like playing in the Superdome all season then going to play in the snow somewhere. Good luck to Hillsboro and congratulations to Melrose for a great season.

I saw the Hillsboro-Melrose game tonight. Two of Melrose's touchdowns came on fumble returns. Melrose didn't really impress me that much. Hillsboro was able to run the ball on Melrose. The fullback for Hillsboro (Bryant #2) went out of the game with what looked to be a knee injury, so I don't know if he will play next week or not.

That being said, I don't think either one of these teams could beat Maryville next week. As much as anyone (excluding Maryville fans), I would like to see a new 4A champ next week, but I don't see it happening. JMHO.

uh, looks like you got a little ahead of yourself there buddy, next time you need to save your posts about maryville beatin hillsboro or melrose without them takin care of business in morristown, holla

"uh, looks like you got a little ahead of yourself there buddy, next time you need to save your posts about maryville beatin hillsboro or melrose without them takin care of business in morristown, holla."

:):P:) ::):)

Kinda quiet w/o all those Maryvile blowhards around here making all their big predictions. Next thing we'll hear MoWest saved Hillsboro from getting humiliated by Maryville again. I love the logic of some people. Have fun in front of the La-Z-boy, Rebs!

As Aydelott said: "Third time's gonna be the charm?" We'll see.

The last two minutes of this game was jaw-dropping. Anybody who downs either of these teams doesn't know too much about high school football. Melrose was actually more physical than Hillsboro. Tibbs beat them to death with six and seven yard runs. Big step-up game out of Doss. Bryant's Cadillac exit - priceless.