Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST OF ALL WesVols....I'm not a guy, I'm a girl. SECOND....REBELMAN....I never said ANYTHING about you, Hillsboro or Melrose. I have alot of respect for the Maryville program, and up until now, all the Maryville people that are on here. I don't know how a game with Fulton and Maryville would turn out....but Fulton DOES deserve to be in the top 10. And Fulton WOULD beat MBA if they played. I never said Maryviile shouldn't be in the top of the state...they DEFINITELY should! You need to read a little closer before you start running your mouth sir. I stand by what i said....2-3a is the toughest in the state.

GO FALCONS!!!

Come on Rebelman06, a scrimage is a scrimage. If you want to go down that path Anderson County put it on Morristown West in a scrimage! Pigeon is from Fulton so don't get on her about AE. The only team acknowledged by most on this thread from our area is Maryville, and that is based on reputation this year. Fulton deserves more credit than people on this thread are giving them, that's my point.

Edited by The Mav

FIRST OF ALL WesVols....I'm not a guy, I'm a girl. SECOND....REBELMAN....I never said ANYTHING about you, Hillsboro or Melrose. I have alot of respect for the Maryville program, and up until now, all the Maryville people that are on here. I don't know how a game with Fulton and Maryville would turn out....but Fulton DOES deserve to be in the top 10. And Fulton WOULD beat MBA if they played. I never said Maryviile shouldn't be in the top of the state...they DEFINITELY should! You need to read a little closer before you start running your mouth sir. I stand by what i said....2-3a is the toughest in the state.

GO FALCONS!!!

Pigeon, I was making a pun off Rebelman's typo. I didn't take your post into consideration when making mine; in fact, I didn't even know it was you who posted it. I just wanted to cause a chuckle or two. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by WesVols

i got the pun, it was pretty good.

c mon rebelman, we fulton fans love the maryville fans, on numerous occations we have thanked you guys for ur support, there's no need to get defensive now... whats the point? we have confidence in our program just like you, and we stand behind what each other say so i'm sure whatever pigeon said was valid. have a nice day.

There were several excellent teams in the state this year. I was very impressed with Huntingdon. Hillsboro and Germantown were solid as well. I would have liked to have seen Lincoln County and Germantown face off, but LC didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Don't forget about Franklin's impressive year as well. CBHS and BA continued with strong runs in D II. Eventhough there were great teams from the East, Middle, and West, I do not think anyone could have handled the Big Red at the end of the year.

Congratulations MBA on another great year.

Roll Red Roll

Best teams in the state. For all of you that are bragging on your teams that didn't win gold this year it means it wasn't your team.

Boyd, Huntingdon, Hillsboro, Fulton, Germantown

Those are the best teams.

The D-II teams if you didn't go private and played in the BC/BS in Boro your teams would of been on this list.

So,

Question #1...How many athletes are receiving financial aid?

Question #2...How many non-athletes are receiving aid?

Guidestar will provide you, or anyone else, with many private schools' financial filings, including information on financial aid. It's free.

For those schools who provide individual financial aid information (and I know at least MUS and MBA have provided that information at least once in the filings available online), there is no designation between "regular student" and "student-athlete".

Frankly, I don’t think individual financial aid information should be made public. Just as you wouldn’t want your employer to disclose your salary to other employees, I don’t think it’s the greatest thing to show the world how much aid a student receives.

As for raw overall numbers, I think in MBA's latest filings, financial aid (in terms of tuition dollars forgiven) was roughly 6-7%, give or take a point, of total tuition dollars.

If this specific issue wants to be addressed further, we should probably move to the Public/Private Boards; otherwise, this thread will be locked.

Edited by rollredroll

T, I am stunned. I was hoping somebody had signed on under your SN and typed those rankings, but you're usually pretty careful about those things. These rankings are an anomaly; you're usually pretty accurate. :lol:

Oh excuse me for having your beloved Eagles rather low. Sorry but I wasn't impressed at all. Being second in D-II AAA doesn't make you second best in the state. The D-I teams are challenged quite a bit more in their run to the gold and I take that very strongly into account. I know that y'all can't help that, but still... just doesn't seem like you're proving much when you have to win one game to get a trophy of some sort. If MBA hadn't impressed me so much, Germantown would be first. 5A is the king of football in Tennessee in my mind. Go ahead, let me hear it everyone, but it's not going to change my mind.

Ahh, the off-season. This is when it gets fun here... ;)