Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is 200+ games. There's now way that I'm gonna take the time to type all of that out; I'm in the middle of studying for finals down here. I got the information from the mba media guide, which lists every season schedule and the scores from that season from 1899 to the present. I trust it's right.

This is MBA's record against DI opponents since 1993 (last ten years):

That's a total of 50-10 over the last ten years.

MBA has an excellent football program...and school. No question about it.

The record you mentioned there proves my point. We are not comparing apples with apples. When you take a school the size of BA or MBA, and they fare that well against the biggest and the best in the rest of the state, it's obvious that they have some kind of advantage other than just "good coaching."

Call it whatever you want, but when you hand pick your students (athletes) you have an unfair advantage. I'd be interested to compare ACT scores of all the players on the MBA or BA football team with those of ANY public school. Ask any coach which student athlete is easier to coach.

I am NOT knocking your system. I am all for private schools and the good they do academically AND athletically, but don't go beat up on public schools and then gloat over it. Private schools have a marked advantage that public schools can't match year in and year out.

When BA was their championships against 5A teams, BA's enrollment was equivalent to a single A school. Without an unfair advantage, they simply could not have done that. That is SO obvious to the unbiased eye.

I would just like to see 4A and 5A teams regularly schedule DII-AAA teams. I mean why should MBA have to go 5 hours to Kingsport(and the same for Kingsport to Nashville) just to play a football game? I'll answer that and it is because Hillsboro, Oakland, Riverdale, Lincoln County, Franklin, Brentwood and any other major football school within 30 miles won't play us. When DII was created, why didn't these teams make a deal to play the MBA's and BA's every year?

Well your gonna' have to decide wich is more important, your finals or this debate. Besides finals are not really final. You can always come back and do it again.

I've already been thru 2 girlfriends because of this thread, and im working on #3. So come on, how about a little sacrifice. Im not sure that Media Guide would hold up in court though.

WaCo :P JaCo

Yeah, but how can I be sure your telling me the truth ?

Can you list the games with dates, and scores please.

WaCo :D JaCo

Redtwin...WaCo is taking great pleasure from making you dance like a puppet. That is how he gets his jollies, thinking he is outsmarting the private school boys.

What a strangely warped sense of humor.

He intends to have the last word here so don't waste your time.

WaCo, one thing we can prove. As Tom Million likes to remind you so often, unapproved website #34 DB has not won a state title since 1964. :lol::D:)

That is what has really got your goat man. SOUR GRAPES.

Edited by kangaroo

All Right kangaooooo ! Jump on over here and lets see you dance for awhile. I guess you have some time to waste. unapproved website.....are they not going out of business soon? No wonder, ranking a team like DB #38 in the state. And at the time they were ranked #1 in 5A by the AP. go figure! Boy I'd like to see you come up with some facts to back that up. Why don't you get all your figures together and post them here on this thread.

and by the way, Tom Million is Sour Grapes

Oh Yeah kangarooooo, something else to make you cry.

DB is the winningest High School Football program in Tennessee, and # 5 in the Nation in all time wins.

And unless your from Oak Ridge, you school is not even close. :D:lol::D

Say hello to Tom for me, and tell him McDonalds is still running those BigMac's for .99 ea. Limit 1 doz. per customer, so you might have to go along.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

All Right kangaooooo ! Jump on over here and lets see you dance for awhile. I guess you have some time to waste. unapproved website.....are they not going out of business soon? No wonder, ranking a team like DB #38 in the state. And at the time they were ranked #1 in 5A by the AP. go figure! Boy I'd like to see you come up with some facts to back that up. Why don't you get all your figures together and post them here on this thread.

and by the way, Tom Million is Sour Grapes

WaCoooooo...I'll let you dance for a while. As you so often like to say, my opinion is as good as yours..... Boy, I'd like to see you post some facts to disprove that #38 rating, and along the way a few excuses for the 39 year championship drought!

...and by the way Tom Million eats your lunch...he has your number...he owns you!

Kangroooo.....My opinion is as good as yours, but yours is not as good as mine. Thats the way that works.

Have you ever seen tom million ? He eats everybody's lunch.....Breakfast & Dinner!

And no, he doesn't have my number, its unlisted.

And no, he doesn't own me, he only rents.

If you want any facts from me you'll have to take me to kangrooooo court.

The one and only....WaCo :D JaCo