TFCA 2003 All-State Teams

CoachT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to fuss and complain about...this isn't the place. Go find the head coach of whatever football team you support and ask: "what effort did you make to be at the meetings to represent and vote for our players?"

I was at the meeting. None of Memphis and very little of West TN was there. If it means something to you then get the coaches on the phone or on the road.

there is NO WAY that the All-State team should have been chosen without Demarcus Stevens and justin Long on it! that is CRAZY!!! I mean.....I just don't even know what the thought process could have been to not put those two on there. They were on the Cham,pionship team. justin Long passed for over 2000 yard.....rushed for 1000. Had ALOT of all-purpose td's....can't remember the exact number but it was up there! And Demarcus Stevens....enough said! He has twice the numbers of Ramon Foster from Ripley....who he will be joining at UT next year. It's just insane!!!

If your head coach isn't a member and/or didn't attend the meeting, chances are your kids didn't get voted on or submitted! I didn't make it to that meeting and I too was shocked by some of the obvious omissions but that is how it is done. Maybe next year, more coaches will show up and present a list of players!

It's real simple... if your head coach doesn't attend, I doubt your kids will be included in the mix! I should have been there for my kids but I was still on the highway headed toward M-boro!

Edited by ELA

ELA,

you bring up a great point, obviously the coaches of many of the top players didn't attend. I commend the young men named, most all had a very deserving year, but I wonder where the big names are.

About the ET bias Mustang, are there any on the team from NET?

If you want to fuss and complain about...this isn't the place. Go find the head coach of whatever football team you support and ask: "what effort did you make to be at the meetings to represent and vote for our players?"

I was at the meeting. None of Memphis and very little of West TN was there. If it means something to you then get the coaches on the phone or on the road.

A COACH SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THERE TO "VOTE FOR THEIR OWN" IT SHOULD BE AN HONEST PROCESS.

Congrats to those players picked, particularly to Joe Bell who made it apparently for his "special" special teams work. But the 5A selections, if you make Bell the 12th pick, include only two from Middle Tennessee. Seems odd, in the fact if you look at the end of the regular season, at least three teams finished in the top 10. Nobody from Riverdale, Franklin, Dickson County, Brentwood (not even a finalist for 5A Lineman of the Year), Gallatin, etc. I'd be surprised if those schools weren't represented at the meeting, so I guess "The Eastern Block Judges" lined up their votes beforehand. It appears there was no regard as to positions either, just the 12 best looking, or some sort of criteria like that. Anyway. congrats to the players chosen.

This list is obviously a mistake or one big typo!!!

There has to be more to this...usually it is split up into offense and defense...so I am sure there are many more that were not named in the article...SURELY!

There a 2 players from Rutledge and Anderson County and 4 players from Crockett County...none of which made it past the quarterfinals.

There are no players from the state champion Fulton's team or AE or Semifinalist Macon Co...Makes little sense!

Oh well, last year our boys (Fulton) had 6 players on the all state team (3 off, 3 def) and left the "boro without the hardware...The TFCA can keep the post season accolades, our boys will take the GOLD BALL AND RINGS and be just fine!!!

Go Falcons...Every one of you were All State last Saturday!!!