White Station

LuckyDay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an independent observation about gomab,nothing really negative,But seeing as this is a State Wide forum and he is one of the Mod's and ranking's guru's-A tad more of objectivity could help out his image a little more.Those that arent from West/middle Tennessee tend to see him as bias towards the region that he lives.While we are all guilty of that bias,we are not Forum Moderators etc.

He gives off the image as a bandwagon guy, i.e. white station,While they are the #1 or #2 team in the state.There are also many teams out there on any given night could beat them.Same goes with my team,Bradley Central. But some of the blanket statements he has made in the past tend to "turn off" people towards him and label him as Bias.Just my opinion. Everyone have a great New Year.

SatchUmp: White Station is ranked dead last in strength of schedule because, at the moment, their in-state opponent's records are dead last: Ranked 110- White Station- 38.90 opponent's winning percentage.

juicyt: Jackson North Side is currently ranked 7th in the state.

Everyone else: the strength of schedule ranking is not a "poll". "Polls" are opinions which is fine because that is what they are supposed to be. The Rankings are not opinions but are a ranking of how you and your in-state opponents have done. If you want a "poll" then there is GoMab's which is why I do not do a "poll". If you want to post your own "poll" then have at it. Just realize that if you live in east Tennessee everyone else will take potshots at you. If you live in middle Tennessee then everyone else........

As Opperman said, the more scores and results we have then the more accurate the rankings are.

And, since I am sure all of you would like to help instead of complain, here are teh schedules and results of the 55 schools in Shelby County alone. You can help me update those and then we can start on the other 350 schools in the state:

Commercial Appeal BB Schedules and Results

CoachT has been nice enough to let me, Gomab, and Opperman be moderators. He has never said that we could not give our opinions on things. I'm sure coachT pulls for the high school that he teaches at, just as you support the high school in your local community. We all have different tastes, gomab gives his opinion, and I am very thankful for it. He puts in a lot of work going to various tournaments and does not get paid a stipend for doing it...

I would have no idea how good many of the kids are around this state without the help of Gomab and CoachT. Just today I went to this site to see how Brentwood Academy was doing, and how tall Brandon Wright has become. I wouldn't have gotten that access without this site (my other informants are all over seas or doing espionage)

You can be a forum moderator and be bias, I have not seen any moderator lock a "Go Bradley Central" thread have you? If someone is doing that, please tell me, I'll gladly unlock it if possible or speak to the criminal man to man. I can pretty much tell you what moderator pulls for which school, I apologize if you think moderators like myself are too bias.

I have an independent observation about gomab,nothing really negative,But seeing as this is a State Wide forum and he is one of the Mod's and ranking's guru's-A tad more of objectivity could help out his image a little more.Those that arent from West/middle Tennessee tend to see him as bias towards the region that he lives.While we are all guilty of that bias,we are not Forum Moderators etc.

He gives off the image as a bandwagon guy, i.e. white station,While they are the #1 or #2 team in the state.There are also many teams out there on any given night could beat them.Same goes with my team,Bradley Central. But some of the blanket statements he has made in the past tend to "turn off" people towards him and label him as Bias.Just my opinion. Everyone have a great New Year.

Could you give me some of the names of the "many different teams" that could beat White Station on any given night??? I am just trying to learn. :blink: Thanks in advance.

On the topic of beating White Station-the teams in the state, outside of Memphis, that have a chance of beating them, are Bradley Central, and I think one other, Bradley Central....Let me add that it is just a slim chance. We probably will see the first of two meetings between these powers at the Arby's Classic.

As said earlier, If White Station played badly then Ridgeway, or Fairley could knock them off. A west tn team that could beat them on an off night would be Jackson Northside.

WHITE STATION IS A GREAT TEAM. BOLIVAR TOOK WHITE STATION TO THE WIRE ONLY LOSING BY 7 ; ON A NIGHT WHEN BOLIVAR WAS HORRIBLE FROM THE FREE THROW LINE.I REALLY BELIVE THAT BOLIVAR CAN BEAT WHITE STATION. BOLIVAR BLEW OUT CORINTH MISS A TEAM THAT TOOK RIDEGEWAY TO OT AND BOLIVAR ALSO BEAT RALIEGH EGYPT. JUST MY OPINION.

Using the records of the AAA teams below, who is your top ten? (teams listed have a minimum of 7 games listed in the Schedules/Results)

Rank- Team- W-L Record- Win Percentage

1 White Station 11-0 100.00%

2 Farragut 10-0 100.00%

3 Dyersburg 9-0 100.00%

4 Bradley Central 12-1 92.31%

5 Wilson Central 12-1 92.31%

6 Jackson North Side 11-1 91.67%

7 Fairley 10-1 90.91%

8 Brainerd 8-1 88.89%

9 Memphis Central 7-1 87.50%

10 Ooltewah 10-2 83.33%

11 Cumberland Co. 9-2 81.82%

12 Glencliff 9-2 81.82%

13 Maryville 9-2 81.82%

14 Chattanooga Central 8-2 80.00%

15 Shelbyville 8-2 80.00%

16 Stratford 8-2 80.00%

17 Bearden 11-3 78.57%

18 Rhea Co. 14-4 77.78%

19 Jefferson Co. 10-3 76.92%

20 Wooddale 10-3 76.92%

21 Mt. Juliet 9-3 75.00%

22 Sullivan South 8-3 72.73%

23 Oak Ridge 10-4 71.43%

24 Franklin 5-2 71.43%

25 Morristown East 5-2 71.43%

I have NOTHING to do with the Strength of Schedule ratings... What in the world would give you the idea I do those rankings. The "Gomab Rankins" are the ones I do, incase you couldn't tell by the name of the rankings...

Check the "Gomab Rankings" for my rankings, smart guy...

And you will see White Station CLEARLY #1...

Or check my numerous, numerous posts where I talk about White Station as #1...

Gomab,

On the homepage of CoachT, there were 2 lists of teams...Strength of Schedule and Strength + Success. Your name was right there, and I thought these were compiled by you. Thats all I saw. I didn't intend to put the Strength of Schedule on ya, Gomab, for that I apologize. No reason to get smart :D . I would imagine someone of your status would be a little thicker skinned.

Not sure how I worded it before, but I could care less about strength of schedule, and am not sure why it is factored in, in this case or any ranking. I know others will disagree and thats fine. I understand the other side of this coin.

I didn't see a link at the time to the "Gomab Rankings" which listed White Station at #1. I would like to see your real rankings, and I intend to find them today. I do appreciate an attempt from an experienced pollster in putting 'em in order. These two rankings, Strength of Sced and Sced + Success, on the homepage did not give any semblance to where the teams actually stand. That is the problem I had.

As for your posts, Go, I don't really care to go back and look at what anyone has said previously. Sorry.

CoachT, thank you for the info. All I really wanted as I stated was help with my confusion. Since White Station's Strength of Scedule is dead last, according to what you have explained, I have another question. Are tourney games, such are the Arby's, including out of state and out of country teams, factored in? I imagine this would be difficult, but I want to understand the process. Thanks. CoachT, the link you provided was dead, but if I can provide "help" from my location in the state, I will. I am too new at this as of yet to fully understand what you are meaning, but I imagine you are meaning just reporting of scores. My job requires me to cover the entire state of TN, so I see a great deal of games in many areas, but I would never attempt to put a poll of my own together. It would be silly. Most polls are anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by SatchUmp