This Thread is Too Funny

itzme

I will absolutley guarantee you DL and GP don't outwork our kids.  I will also guarantee you they don't have better coaches that teach any better techniques.

We have six fulltime assistants and at least four voluntary assistants.  We have a very good off-season weight program.  The coaches don't waste a minute in practice.  Every kid is involved in every second of every practice. 

Nah...the difference in most years is athletes.  Some years we have them (3 all-state this year). Some years we don't.  GP and DL have them every year. 

I guess it's just magic.

Do you coach football and / or teach at SC? I am not implying that GL and GP out work you guys or anyone else for that matter. I respect your program, and I am sure the effort is there. Hopefully that effort will produce the results you seek. That is why I am mystified that you would philosophically relegate public school football programs to a level below the privates. It seems to me that you guys in the public arena would relish the opportunity to beat your private school counterparts.

I stand by my statement that the key to the consistency of the private school programs is based on maximizing the football efficiency of the average athlete. I can give you examples that suppport my belief , but I doubt it would make any difference in the way you view the issue.

No...I am not affiliated with SC high school at all. Do you think I would be tooting my own horn like that? I know average athletes...that's about all we ever have. A few of those average athletes have been molded to all-state players. I do know about that. GP and DL have had several DI players in the last few years. We have had none. One of our kids signed DI-AA this year. I don't think that is an accident. If you don't think you can change my mind on that...you are correct.

For the millionth time...I don't mind playing GP and DL in the regular season. I don't want to play them in the playoffs. They do have an unfair advantage. That's my opinion...ought to be yours. :D:D:unsure:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think open zone public schools should be split or multiplied? If not then you condone it.

Does this statement look like I condone it?

All public schools should be zoned. I don't think it is right what is going on in Memphis. I also don't think it is right for kids to be able to pay tuition and go to Maryville or Milan. Their zones should be for kids in those zones.

For the millionth time...I don't mind playing GP and DL in the regular season. I don't want to play them in the playoffs. They do have an unfair advantage. That's my opinion...ought to be yours. :D:D:unsure:

Do you mind playing them if the regular season games affect your playoff potential? As you are keenly aware, most coaches, players and fans these days consider the ultimate level of success to be a state championship. How sweet would it be for the SC faithful to beat DL or GP for the gold ball? Are you saying indirectly that it can't be done, or would you just rather not make the attempt?

Smith County's football program, and public school programs across the state deserve more credit than you are giving them!

For the millionth time...I don't mind playing GP and DL in the regular season. I don't want to play them in the playoffs. They do have an unfair advantage. That's my opinion...ought to be yours.

And for the millionth time we hear you, but for the millionth time not wanting to play someone because they have an unfair advantage is not a plausable reason for not playing someone. If that were the case I am sure there are alot of teams that feel that Smith Co. has an unfair advantage and they shouldn't have to compete against them in the play-offs. I am sure that there are a lot of 4-A teams that feel that Maryville has an unfair advantage over them, does this mean they shouldn't have to play them in the play-offs. Unfair advantage is an opinion that is held by many programs in many different sports. Do you not see the madness behind trying to make everything fair for everyone. It may be fair to you but not fair to me. Maybe Smith Co. needs to become more progressive in the education process, and make changes that are consistant with other surrounding school systems, in order to become more competitive. Don't tell me I can't stay out late just because your parents don't let you. This is what I feel that you are complaining about, your system won't let you accept students that don't live in your county so no one else can. Just because someone can do something that you can't doesn't make it unfair.

Huntingdon whipped DL this year. So the 'advantages', whatever they are, are not insurmountable. In fact, it wasn't really much of a game. Wonder what 'advantages' Huntingdon has?

After listening to a fine talk by their D-coordinator and talking to him for an hour or so this last weekend I am convinced 1 'advantage' they have is their coaches and fans don't whine about advantages. Another is coaches who coach to win and believe they can no matter who they play.

And I am convinced that Milan would probably have beaten Lipscomb in the playoffs this year too...hmmm...wonder what 'advantages' they have?

Here's one...for the first 20 years that privates were in the TSSAA what 'advantages' did the publics have and where did those 'advantages' go?

Do you mind playing them if the regular season games affect your playoff potential? As you are keenly aware, most coaches, players and fans these days consider the ultimate level of success to be a state championship. How sweet would it be for the SC faithful to beat DL or GP for the gold ball? Are you saying indirectly that it can't be done, or would you just rather not make the attempt?

Smith County's football program, and public school programs across the state deserve more credit than you are giving them!

No...I don't mind playing them if it affects playoff potential because it is optional. The benefit of playing a very good team has to be weighed with the risk of losing that game. Overall record is a tie-breaker.

We would never play DL or GP for a gold ball because 1. We would probably be in the same region therefore we couldn't play after the 3rd round and 2. Even if we were not in the same region...we would both be in the east, so we would not play in the title game.

I am not saying we could never beat them...we have...I am saying it is not likely year in and year out.

Why do we have classes? Why isn't there just one class for all?

And for the millionth time we hear you, but for the millionth time not wanting to play someone because they have an unfair advantage is not a plausable reason for not playing someone. If that were the case I am sure there are alot of teams that feel that Smith Co. has an unfair advantage and they shouldn't have to compete against them in the play-offs. I am sure that there are a lot of 4-A teams that feel that Maryville has an unfair advantage over them, does this mean they shouldn't have to play them in the play-offs. Unfair advantage is an opinion that is held by many programs in many different sports. Do you not see the madness behind trying to make everything fair for everyone. It may be fair to you but not fair to me. Maybe Smith Co. needs to become more progressive in the education process, and make changes that are consistant with other surrounding school systems, in order to become more competitive. Don't tell me I can't stay out late just because your parents don't let you. This is what I feel that you are complaining about, your system won't let you accept students that don't live in your county so no one else can. Just because someone can do something that you can't doesn't make it unfair.

You never answered my question before. Why do we have classes? Why don't we have one class for all? Is it because some schools have advantages over others? If not...why do we have them? What state doesn't (football) ?

Try explaining this quote you made.

We can and have competed with the 2a privates. We do not WANT to be in the same region...or class...because they have an unfair advantages. We all know what those advantages are. It is not about winning and losing. If it was...we would have stayed in 2a. It's about gate...it's about playing teams that play with the same rules. Again...if the privates don't have advantages...why the multiplier talk? Evidently someone agrees with me.

You`ve admitted that you don`t think it is right for teams like Milan, Tyner etc...to have open zones yet you don`t think they should be multiplied or split. Therefore you are condoning it.

In your above statement you complain about playing with the same set of rules. You want to split private schools. Yet you do not want to split the public schools that have open zones. Your arguments lack consistency.

You`ve admitted that you don`t think it is right for teams like Milan, Tyner etc...to have open zones yet you don`t think they should be multiplied or split. Therefore you are condoning it.

In your above statement you complain about playing with the same set of rules. You want to split private schools. Yet you do not want to split the public schools that have open zones. Your arguments lack consistency.

I have said that public schools should be zoned. Do not allow them to get students from outside their zone. If that was done...there would be no need for a multiplier. In almost all rural schools...open zoning is not a problem. You have pointed out Milan. You may be right about them. If their zone was enforced...they wouldn't be a problem either. I still don't know enough about magnet schools to have a strong opinion.

I have said that public schools should be zoned. Do not allow them to get students from outside their zone. If that was done...there would be no need for a multiplier. In almost all rural schools...open zoning is not a problem. You have pointed out Milan. You may be right about them. If their zone was enforced...they wouldn't be a problem either. I still don't know enough about magnet schools to have a strong opinion.

What if a public school has no zone at all--operates only as a magnet school? Should it be barred from all sports?

I have said that public schools should be zoned. Do not allow them to get students from outside their zone.

Antwan...You`ve said that same thing a gazillion times.Nothing is ever going to change regarding open zone public schools. It`s very obvious that open zone publics have great advantages that others do not. I`m trying to get your opinion on what should be done.It shouldn`t matter if the school is taking advantage of it`s open zone or not. You support a private split, yet not all privates "take advantage" of their open zones. So in order for you to remain cosistent in your argument, you should have an opinion on what to do with open zone publics as well.

What if a public school has no zone at all--operates only as a magnet school? Should it be barred from all sports?

I don't know about magnet schools? Read my previous post. It really depends on how they get their students. I am not satisfied with that explanation yet.