Greenback only sends 3 to state tournament

voleagle

The almighty greenback or g-nation that has bragged on here all season about their team, and how the are one of the best in region 2, only sent 3 wrestlers to the state tournament saturday. they had four or five top five seeds get put out. they had no region champions and two got fourth. they were beat in team points by small teams like gibbs, halls, farragut, etc. these teams sent 5 or more. If i were part of the g-nation, i would not post anything else the rest of the season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a school that has a student population of 255 - 3 going to state is a good number.

How many are coming from Lookout Valley, Tyner, Boyd Buchanon, Forrest, CPA?

So they are proud of their dual match season and the kids stuck their chests out.

It's a good thing to have new guys in an up and coming program being really excited. It's a whole lot better news than we read about when another college program bites the title nine dust.

In Div. I wrestling you've got to deal with harsh reality eventually if you don't have a tough enough schedule. If they stick together and go to some camps - those guys from Greenback may make more noise on the mat next year.

UTC is a tiny little Div. I wrestling program. Look what's happened to the folks taking them for granted now.

Voleagle,

You have been riding Greenback all season. They have done an outstanding job. Their dual meet team was truly outstanding for the length of time they have been working. There were only five teams that sent five or more wrestlers to state. and none of them were small schools, Farragut-8, Maryville-6, South Doyle-5, Karns-5, and Halls-5. Gibbs and Seymour both are sending four. All of these schools are anywhere from 3 to 6 times the size of Greenback.

Congratulations to Coach Ridge and his team. Next year should bring great things to them and I looked to watching them.

Dan Dugger

greenback had a good season only because of the fact that they are the only full team besides karns in their district. what does having a good region dual record get a team? individual success is much more honorable and valuable, especially to the kids. who cares how big their school is, with the number of kids they have, and all the talk they have done, then they should have sent more. many of those teams you mentioned that sent 5 or so having big schools means nothing. most of those have 9 or less on their team. just don't put up posts that you cannot back up.

The almighty greenback or g-nation that has bragged on here all season about their team, and how the are one of the best in region 2, only sent 3 wrestlers to the state tournament saturday.  they had four or five top five seeds get put out.  they had no region champions and two got fourth.  they were beat in team points by small teams like gibbs, halls, farragut, etc.  these teams sent 5 or more.  If i were part of the g-nation, i would not post anything else the rest of the season.

:lol: voleagle i dont know who u are why dont u tell me who u r that is really crappy of u to say about us that really makes me really mad we have worked our butts off this year last year we got our butts killed by maryville and william blount and we beat both of them this year(no offense to maryville and william blount)i would like to thank all of our wrestlers who has made this an awesome season for our school.we are looking very forward to state and that is all I have to sayso if u are going to state i will see u there :justwrestle:

the manager

Voleagle,

You're not a coach are you? The student population has alot to do with what you have to choose from. Bradley has over 2000 students. All the 4 and 5 A schools have at least 1100 or more. At a school with 250 - cut that in half - those are the guys you have to choose from. The ones that don't mind wearing singlets, or practicing on Saturdays, or Thanksgiving break, or Christmas break. The ones that don't quit after the first week, or their first loss. Filling a lineup with 14 weight classes is a full time job no matter where you are. But in a school the fraction of the size of your competitors the difficulty increases tremendously.

Franklin Road Academy went 21-7 in Duals. Runner-Up in District 11, and Runner-Up in Region 6 Duals - to Overton both times. There was honor and value in it.

We lost to Ryan, MBA, Central Sq. N.Y., Cookeville, Kenwood, and Overton twice.

6 years ago we qualified 1 kid to the state tournament. We qualified 7 the past two years in a row and this year we're bringing 8.

I was going to see about scheduling Greenback next year on our way to the Greeneville Tournament next year. I think Coach Ridge and his guys should see what their program really can become if they stick together and focus.

I can't speak for Coach Ridge because we haven't talked yet - if that can't be worked out we'd be glad to schedule you or yours - whomever you represent.

Like you said - what have you got to lose? Don't hold it against anybody that they have a full lineup. Their coach ought to get a bonus check just for pulling that off.

Marc Taylor / Franklin Road Academy

Edited by rushn