13AA vs 7AA both in first rd of state

coach1888

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the draw occurred on the morning after substate games. It will be a travesty if the 2 best districts in the state get pitted against each other, therefore allowing 2 weaker teams into the semi final round. Seymour becomes a lock, and someone from the teams of Oliver Springs, Cheatham Co, McNairy Co, or some other billy goat will be in the state semi finals. A couple of the billy goats wouldn't make it out of 7AA or 13AA district tournaments.

I too thought it was supposed to be a "BLIND" draw, this is political and money motivated by Ronnie Carter. If he is an elected official then he definately needs to go. All the T$$AA is doing is trying to make sure they get these two matchups so they can get all the fans to come and watch a first round game, instead of trying to fix the playoff system so you don't have these "weak" teams in the state tournament, they decide to just make the most money they can and to heck with whats right and best for the girls. Well i guess there is nothing we can do except just watch the games and cheer for our teams, i'm sure the people from Seymour are happy, i definately don't see any of them on here upset about it, and don't guess i can blame them, they'll get to make that semi final round once again, i guess if there is a bright side, one of us four will end up with one of those teams 13AAGuru was talking about in the semi's and CAKe walk it to the finals! ;)

This is one of the most stupid ideas I have heard of. You have the two best regions playing in the first round. The draw should be like it has been in the past, after the sub-state, and it should be a blind draw. The TSSAA is in it for the $$ and not the game...right on target WesCharge.

Could it be that they have set the brackets up this way to prevent a 5 peat????

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Seymour in our bracket, that would definately tell you he is trying to prevent it, but one thing he can't do is play the game! First things first though, we still have to get there! Its a bit tougher over here than the road Chester Co. travels! ;)

Any drawing has an advantage for some teams and not for others. I'm sure this one will be debated even more after the tournament is over. A lot of what ifs. Basically it comes down to be the best you have to beat the rest. The team that will win it all will be the one who makes best use of the other teams mistakes. Example: JC was good enough to overcome a hugh coaching mistake last year in the first round of the state. While I don't remember the exact times but it was with @1-2 seconds left in the game and A-E ahead by one and at the free throw line. The A-E coach left players at the line to rebound a missed shot. Duh. Shot missed and A-E fouls. JC makes free throws and wins. They go on and win the gold. I'm sure that there are many other situations that occur between good teams that make the difference between a W or a L. The regionals next week will have a lot of opportunities for the best show that they are. Good luck to your favorite team. CoachT would be pretty dull without fan loyalty.

Ok, here is the plan for Mr. Carter......Thebeave and I will take WesCharge to Krystal and then lock him and Mr. Carter in a broom closet for 1 hour.....two words....permanently scarred. B)

My question is this........are there coaches out there that will throw the substate or region final to improve their position in Murfreesboro??

Ok, here is the plan for Mr. Carter......Thebeave and I will take WesCharge to Krystal and then lock him and Mr. Carter in a broom closet for 1 hour.....two words....permanently scarred. ;)

My question is this........are there coaches out there that will throw the substate or region final to improve their position in Murfreesboro??

Excellent idea O' Heavy one. Carter would need more than a puke bag. I know there's no way to please everyone but why change from the blind draw when it's been effective for years and builds the suspense? Further proof that T$$AA is the appropriate acronym! Districts 7AA & 13AA are united in their dissension! I certainly hope that coaches who reach that level of play would not tank a game for positioning.