White Station Back AGAIN

hshoops

I saw White Station play at the Arby's and I also saw BC play, WS has a great team and BC, even though they are good, cannot even compete with them. I would like to see a rematch in Murfeesboro so all you BC punks will shut up.

rollypoleytrifle54...where do you come off calling us BCpunks? Whate tribe are you from? I'd bet WS wouldn't want you speaking on their behalf! They have much more class than you, and it shows really well!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station also has won the gold ball the last couple of years...defeating Bradley.  It's nice that BC beat WSHS when Jonathan Ball got hurt, who might be their best player, and is now back...but it was only one game.  WSHS also beat BC in the summer a few times too.  I think the edge goes to WSHS.  WSHS also doesn't have to worry about Fairley anymore, since JNS knocked them out.

Hey Ego.......you might want to check your facts. According to the Bristol Herald, White Station's Jonathon Ball scored 8 points in the Arby's tourney against Bradley Central. He was hurt in a regular season game in January.

I saw White Station play at the Arby's and I also saw BC play, WS has a great team and BC, even though they are good, cannot even compete with them.  I would like to see a rematch in Murfeesboro so all you BC punks will shut up.

I don't think I would dare say that Bradley Central can't compete. Obviously your statement is just ignorance (BC won by 5 over WS at Arby's) Then again don't they say ignorance is bliss? I hope that Bradley does meet White Station and then we'll see who can compete. BY the same token, both teams better focus on their first round games!

Truth is, both teams are great and a Bradley/White Station match-up is what everyone but 6 other schools want to see. I believe this year they are more equally matched. Also, the bears go 8 deep, their first two off the bench can start for any school in the state except Bradley and White Station. White Station is the best until someone dethrones them and the Arby's Classic game means nothing but I am sure it gave Bradley a confidence they never had before. Pickel played in the region and started the sub-state. He discovered his stroke from three point land again. His defense is what is so critical, he absolutely made Shelbyville's back court have nightmares. And I can promise you this, Bradley's coach will not allow them to think about anyone but the next game. Best in the state!!!!!!

Hey Ego.......you might want to check your facts. According to the Bristol Herald, White Station's Jonathon Ball scored 8 points in the Arby's tourney against Bradley Central. He was hurt in a regular season game in January.

My facts are accurate, he got hurt in that game, and has been out since, until their last game...which they won. He hasn't played since then and he is going to play at an Ivey League school next year along with Taylor Schall and another one of their guards...Pigram I think? JP is their best player and he's only a junior.

Someone asked how many teams were going to the state tournament from Memphis.

Raleigh Egypt is going along with White Station so that is two. The Memphis schools did very well in D2...in fact, the final four in boys, three of them were from Memphis...BA, Byrne, BCS. And the BCS girls won the state tournament again.

JBall is going to attend Dartmouth and play with former WS player Leon Pattman. Schall is going to Yale I believe, and the PG Reilly Ervin hasn't made up his mind yet on where he's going.

And don't forget my alma mater CBHS in that D2 list from Memphis. First time they'd been at state in a while.

My facts are accurate, he got hurt in that game, and has been out since, until their last game...which they won.  He hasn't played since then and he is going to play at an Ivey League school next year along with Taylor Schall and another one of their guards...Pigram I think?  JP is their best player and he's only a junior.

Ego..... I stand corrected. I was at that game at the Arby's Classic and didn't see him go down or anything. Maybe he didn't realize the injury til later? Anyway sorry for the confusion.

Well, I've just got to throw in my two cents worth too I guess. I have seen W/S in 3-4 games this year. They have an outstanding team and a terrific coach. You simply cannot dismiss their past success in winning and placing players in college as luck.

I have seen the Bradley Central Bears about 20 games this year and they also have an outstanding team of players with a coach that is ever bit as good as Terry Tippett at W/S. Kent Smith, Bears head coach for the past 7+ years, continues the tradition of excellence on the court as well as off. They just don't come any better than Kent for his basketball savvy, dedication and intensity. Give him a video tape and he'll ususally find a weakness and therefore a way to beat you.

I hope that both teams take care of business and don't get caught up in all the hype of a championship finals rematch. There's two tough games to be played before that can happen and anyone foolish enough to look ahead is commiting tournament suicide. White Station must beat Dobyns-Bennett and Bradley Central has to get by a strong Clinton squad. Let's play the games one game at a time and let the chips and winners fall were they may.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AT THE 'BORO!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!