13AA/7AA Challenge Series

CoachD33

not trying to cross it out Robin, just trying to show some obstacles that need to be overcome and answered.

i.e. what school would keep the 'Cup'?

and my vote for the name is something with "Mid-TN / West-TN" in the name in case this morphed into something bigger with multiple classifications or the disctricts were mangled so bad by TSSAA that 13AA/7AA in the name didn't make since

we are going to need the name of this LONG before we get the new classifications

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like the idea of 1 - 5 seeds matching up. With a coaches poll deciding which five teams will represent the respective districts. The team with the highest seed that wins their game and who's district takes the majority of the games will hold the cup until the next season.

A few questions ::: 1) Who will design the cup?? ;) 2) What club gets to keep it on a year round basis? 3) Will coaches decide who plays who?? 4) What happens if a majority in each district like the idea but possibly a team or two don't want to have any part in this event??

Also , I still like the Coach T Classic as a possible name for this event ;)

i guess it would be up to the individual districts on how they seed their teams

just like in ryder cup, US decides for US and Euro decides for Euro the times they play

you could go by last years regular season seeds:

in 13AA it would be GC, MW, OC, DC, CC, and UC in that order

does anyone know 7AA's?

just like in ryder cup, US decides for US and Euro decides for Euro the times they play

does anyone know 7AA's?

See my original message that started this thread. I proposed 1 vs 1 etc. at that time but I agree with the coaches making that call. As for it morphing into West vs Middle in some other fashion, we're getting away from the original idea. Reclassification may change the districts but we'll cross that bridge if/when it comes. I'd like to keep the focus on 13AA vs 7AA for now.

does anyone know 7AA's?

See my original message that started this thread. I proposed 1 vs 1 etc. at that time but I agree with the coaches making that call. As for it morphing into West vs Middle in some other fashion, we're getting away from the original idea. Reclassification may change the districts but we'll cross that bridge if/when it comes. I'd like to keep the focus on 13AA vs 7AA for now.

Hey NWHOOPAHOLIC, what better way to get this event started but with you doing the ceremonial presentation of the cup ;) This could be very interesting.. Another thought to throw in, maybe sometime in between games or sessions if it's a lot of games is to have a three point shooting contest featuring some of the best outside shooters from the respective teams.. ;)