God & Football

JC4life

This is topic that has be debated at higher levels.Do God and football go together?In my life it goes

#1 God

#2 Family

#3 Football

Tez has brought up the point that a HC shouldn`t take his team to see the Passion of the Chirst,my question is was the team forced to go?People have a problem with prayer before a game,at Jeff Co we say the Lords Prayer before every game and after practice, and if you don`t want to pray don`t (no one is force or made fun of because they don`t). I have always thought that since you join football you are subject to what goes on.Its just like public prayer in school,it is not allowed because the students are a captive audience (they have to go to school so they have no choice)football is another story,you choose to play football.I alot of people belive that cussing is "Just part of the game" I will never belive that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that having a prayer/moment of silence before every game is a very good thing and i completely agree with you in that if youw ant to pray at that time then feel free to do so but if you dont then don't nobody is going to make funand if they do then that just shows how low of a person they are.I myself pray before every game and i think its great. But it is optional unlike school cuz we are made to go its lieka law or something.i cheer and we pray in a circle before every game and competition and everything.so i think tis great

:D

Guys....it is illegal for a team or club to pray together when it is led by a coach or sponsor. This is not only state law, but recognized federally under the separation of church and state. People around this area (Bible Belt) get away with it because everyone is a Christian, including adminstrators, coaches, and sponsors. I remember recently when I saw a shirt that illustrated what JC4Life was talking about, it read:

"Everything that matters at (said school)

God

Family

Football"

You just shouldn't do that, ethically and morally, even if you are a Christian, which I happen to be. What if you were to happen to move into India, and everyone was pretty much forcing you to pray the Hindu or Muslim prayer?

God is definitely a good mix with football. God is the reason we are here today and the reason for the talent on the field. We should pray before every game and even before practice. We should pray that we do not get hurt or even killed on the football field. You never know what could happen out there, so you should ask God for protection. I'll end this by saying, in my life it is:

• 1.God
  • 2.Family
  • 3.Football

Not trying to start a fight, but players get hurt, badly hurt, even at games when a prayer is said before. That's public over the loudspeakers and private in the locker room. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with it especially since the majority agrees (including me), but the minority is protected too.

I know one thing is for sure and that i am a football player and God has made a great deal of impact in my life and has helped me greatly in football. At the university that i will be playing football at next fall they believe in these in this exact order:

1. God

2. Family

3. Acedemics

and

4. Championship football

Does God have a place in football or to be more frank about it all sports?

That is a no brainer that is a huge YES.

Go CU Tigers

I agrre with B.D. 76, I heard about the same thing in the college program I am in . Ever high school football game I ever played in our watched a prayer was prayed over the speaker. Its a free country and if you want to pray that should be fine and if you don't, that is the persons choice. I am not trying to start an all out agrument, but it seems like if you pray in public not just at a ball game you offened some people. I played with guys who did not pray and everyone respected each others choice. Its only a problem if someone makes it a problem.

I agrre with B.D. 76, I heard about the same thing in the college program I am in . Ever high school football game I ever played in our watched a prayer was prayed over the speaker. Its a free country and if you want to pray that should be fine and if you don't, that is the persons choice. I am not trying to start an all out agrument, but it seems like if you pray in public not just at a ball game you offened some people. I played with guys who did not pray and everyone respected each others choice. Its only a problem if someone makes it a problem.

Look folks, I wish everyone was a Christian so we could all feel this way, but we aren't, and our country (sadly) isn't. Therefore, it is illegal to do all of the things previously discussed on this thread, plain and simple. And if these institutions that you people speak of receive any federal assistance financially, then it is highly illegal to pray over any loud speaker.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Hey guys, if yall remember correctly, the pilgrims came to America so that they could worship God freely. And now several hundred years later people are taking god out of everything. Our constitution was based on Christianity. I think that we should have prayer over the PA system and before the games in the locker rooms. 20-30 years ago, people did that at every game. It's about time America got back to the way it used to be.

NO less than three cases have been heard before the US Supreme Court over this matter and I think there is another one pending. IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS... NO government employee (i.e. principal, coach, teacher) can lead a prayer before a game or in the locker room. Most schools allow students to pray but most simply skip over that part or have a moment of silence. Several teams in this area meet in the middle of the field after the game and the prayer is led by one or more players. You can exercise your right to pray without breaking the law. What we all must remember is that we are NOT JUST A NATION OF CHRISTIANS (Catholics and Protestants), WE ARE A NATION OF JEWS, MUSLIMS, HINDUS, BUDDHISTS, Mormans, agnostics, and atheists. Whatever we do for one, we must do for all; therefore, I feel the moment of silence offends no one and allows everyone to pray as the see fit.

What makes our country great is our ability to be tolerant of others and respectful of other cultures and faiths within our society!

Edited by ELA