BA 2004

Ok to anwser some questions 1st, Vanderpool is not related to Jerry Vanderpool, but he is the grandson of Gene Stallings, former coach at Alabama. And he's a great guy i might add, I just think he needs to be a lineman because he can use that height/strength/speed to dominate the trenches. And tight end is BA's deepest position , with Barry Turner, Brain Ralls, Ben Loftin, Matt Thompson, Brandon Brown, and Brian Wright all good enough to play, while tackle is one of the thinnist positions with Forte, Berry, Smith, Lewis, Hardeman , and Taylor the only ones with some past tackle experience. 2nd, it does seem that this Freshman class does not have the talent of some past classes, David Powell a 6-1 240 pound lineman is probably the creme of the crop, but give these guys some time they will turn out alright. and 3rd the kicking job is Tyler Baker's to lose, Masters i think has great potential but will have to prove himself in practice and scrimmages, the jury is definitly still out on this crop, but Coach Dalton has been training kickers for decades, he'll turn out somebody to get the job done. Just curious can u change your coacht name? My BA line numbers are now a year out of date!

Edited by 7059527176

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

natural spring water Posted on Jun 11 2004 - 05:57 PM

Are there any talented freshman this year? every year there seems to be atleast 1 freshman that gets some time. However this year seems to be a drop off in freshman talent, is that true? I know that the sophomore class is loaded so that could be why the freshman look weak. Also, from what it sounds, the kicking game could be a rough area for BA this year. 7059527176 says that Masters could start and from what i hear he's only been kicking a ball a few weeks, is he that good, or are the others just that bad?

The freshman class has a lot of talent. However, the sophomore class for BA

is extraordinary. There does not appear to be a John Garrett, Ty Ford or Ryan White in the Freshman class. However, this is a good group of players that

will contribute to the BA program in the future.

I noticed on the BA website that Independence is replacing the team from Illinois on the 2004 schedule. Why is Anna-Jonesboro not making the return trip to Tennessee? Did the whipping BA laid on A-J last year keep them from making the drive this year? If so, that's ridiculous, considering the time/expense BA went through last year to play in IL.

I noticed on the BA website that Independence is replacing the team from Illinois on the 2004 schedule.  Why is Anna-Jonesboro not making the return trip to Tennessee?  Did the whipping BA laid on A-J last year keep them from making the drive this year?  If so, that's ridiculous, considering the time/expense BA went through last year to play in IL.

If you'd seen the Anna-Jonesboro game last season, you'd be grateful they decided not to make the trip. I hope the BA v. Independence contest is the first of many, as I'm sure that Independence will develop into one of the top programs around at some point. This year, obviously, it will be a walkover.

Regarding the lineup, BA has a lot of versatility this year. You could see Barry Turner at TE, WR or perhaps fullback on some plays. I'd love to see the old "Student Body Right" play with Tyree running behind White, Turner, Ralls, Forte, Burris and Butler at the same time! Ouch!

Edited by itzme

I will go out on a limb here and say BA will play MBA in the chamionship (yawn)

They should just go ahead and have a best of 10 game season between the 2 teams and get it over with.

Sorry about the sarcasm but its like a heavyweight division that desperately needs some other teams to step up.

That student body right is scary, it gives me chills thinking about Tyree running behind say Terrell at fullback and Turner and Ralls as double tights with Forte and whoever the right guard is, as for the comment that BA and MBA have totally dominated this division, i see where you're coming from but remember it took BA going on the road and avenging an earlier loss to CBHS to make it and MBA sweated out a close one vs. McCallie to make it last year, though i'd say these two teams are still the favorites, if they forget about the other 5 teams they will be watching the Clinic Bowl from the stands, this is not a weak division.

2004 Varsity Football Schedule

August 20, 2004 Centennial 7:30 home

August 27, 2004 Murfr.Oakland 7:30 home

September 3, 2004 CHRISTIAN BROS. 7:30 AWAY

September 10, 2004 Open

September 17, 2004 MCCALLIE 7:30 HOME

September 24, 2004 Independence H.S. 7:30 home

October 1, 2004 FATHER RYAN 7:30 AWAY

October 8, 2004 MUS 7:30 AWAY

October 15, 2004 Lone Oak, KY* 7:30 home

October 22, 2004 BAYLOR 7:30 HOME

October 29, 2004 MBA 7:30 AWAY

Here's BA's schedule according to www.BrentwoodAcademy.com, any thoughts or predictions? And anybody know much about Independence?

That student body right is scary, it gives me chills thinking about Tyree running behind say Terrell at fullback and Turner and Ralls as double tights with Forte and whoever the right guard is

Watching Ty run the 100m dash is scary enough as it is. I can only imagine him running head on at you behind the rest of the student body, with people like Turner and Ralls running at you. Ouch.