BA 2004

Guest Oakland

yes thats the correct date, too bad oakland will be at a disadvantage since ba will have a game under their belts and some the rust off. i would love to tell ya, but i dont tip of any of them region 4 folks, if you want the lowdown just e-mail me at patriots1999@hotmail.com

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA looked solid last night for the first scrimmage. DC is not a push over by any means. This should be BA's year. BA has tons of talent as usual.

My biggest question for BA is the passing game. Even though they completed some balls last night, several times the receivers were left exposed over the middle of the field due to high or errant passes. IF DC had had a head hunter for a safety, he could have done some damage to BA's receivers.

Should be another fun year.

FlyBy

I am so glad someone else has questions about the passing game. If we get in a 3rd and 8 from our own 15, we are in trouble. If we can't complete passes then we'll have to punt, which so far means the other team will get the ball on about our 30 yardline!!!! I think Tyler should be playing QB. It brings another "STAR" to the offense and makes the defense have to be aware of his passing accuracy, mobility, and true expierince at QB. This guy is a great athlete. Why would you have him on the sideline for half the game? He's already proven he can play both ways. Can you see a defensive coach trying to figure out what to do when we have a GREAT offensive line, Tyree and Ryan running the ball,Barry and Bill on the end and wide receiver, and Tyler at QB being able to run over people as well as see an open receiver and hit him? There is NO WAY to stop that combination!! Then we won't have to worry about a kicking game.

I am so glad someone else has questions about the passing game. If we get in a 3rd and 8 from our own 15, we are in trouble. If we can't complete passes then we'll have to punt, which so far means the other team will get the ball on about our 30 yardline!!!!  I think Tyler should be playing QB. It brings another "STAR" to the offense and makes the defense have to be aware of his passing accuracy, mobility, and true expierince at QB. This guy is a great athlete. Why would you have him on the sideline for half the game? He's already proven he can play both ways. Can you see a defensive coach trying to figure out what to do when we have a GREAT offensive line, Tyree and Ryan running the ball,Barry and Bill on the end and wide receiver, and Tyler at QB being able to run over people as well as see an open receiver and hit him? There is NO WAY to stop that combination!! Then we won't have to worry about a kicking game.

825299702[/snapback]

"I think Tyler should be playing QB."

That puts you in the minority...big time. You clearly either have not been following this team for long, or have some other agenda, which is what I suspect. BTW, FlyBy happens to be a huge MBA fan...I'm not sure I want him naming BA's starters either.

That puts you in the minority...big time.  You clearly either have not been following this team for long, or have some other agenda, which is what I suspect.  BTW, FlyBy happens to be a huge MBA fan...I'm not sure I want him naming BA's starters either.

825299718[/snapback]

i for one do not think he is in the minority. tyler griffin is arguably one of the best athletes on the ba squad. his mobility and tenacity is desperately needed on the offensive side of the ball as well as his leadership. he is the only qb with experience and with new receivers now stepping up ( something ba was lacking last year ) how can you not play him in a position where he can be an impact player. last year is no indication of his ability because he was hurt most of the season & ba's coaches could not use his running ability at the qb position until late in the year. had tgriff been healthy all year ba would have had the strongest skilled backfield in years. tgriff has the stronger arm and the ability to get out of trouble when needed for positive yardage.

Tyler playing quarterback is absolutely out of the question. We are looking to put him at his most valuable position. As for him being on the sideline for half the game, this won't happen. He will be playing a lot of TB and wide out. Coach Flatt is looking for players he trusts to make plays. He will get a lot of touches. Also we are trying to keep players fresh for defense. We intend on having the best defense in the state. To do this we will have a lot of guys going one way. In the scrimmage Tyler did not play a lot of offense because the coaches know what he can do on offense. He scored the first touchdown of BA's season his freshman year. There is no reason to risk an injury in a petty scrimage. Tyler won't play QB.

Tyler at TB is one of the worst decision I've ever heard. Let's see, we lose the speed of Tyree and T.T. and put Tyler in the most injury prone position on the field. Handing the ball off, pitching out for a sweep, and throwing a pass do not wear you out!! Doesn't anyone consider ability, mobility, expierence, and leadership to be important to this team. We'll HAVE to have the best defense in the state with the lack of a passing game and kicking game.

In my opinion, B.A. Always might need to change his name. From what I can see, all that he has posted about is Bowker shouldn't be playing. One thing that probably nobody knows is that Coach Flatt and the QB coach Johnson made Bowker change his grip on the ball on Wednesday, so his passing was a little shaky, but he has been staying after practice to work on it, and he worked on it over the weekend. So personally, B.A. Always, needs to support BA. I know that many of the players to dont agree with the coaches, but they still support their decisions with all their heart b/c they are sick of losing. If you say you are a BA fan, show it.

B.A. Always, for having such a pro-BA name, you sure are pretty negative concerning the team. "Lack of a passing game"? I mean, the kicking game doesn't quite have it's feet under it yet, I'll give you that, but to say that we don't have a passing game? Also I think you mis-interpreted WatchThis' comment on playing Tyler at TB. He was suggesting a position where T-Griff's "ability, mobility, experience, and leadership" would be used to it's fullest potential. Maybe you should wait until a bit later in the season to be so harsh.

That puts you in the minority...big time.  You clearly either have not been following this team for long, or have some other agenda, which is what I suspect.  BTW, FlyBy happens to be a huge MBA fan...I'm not sure I want him naming BA's starters either.

825299718[/snapback]

Trust me, ITZME , I am not a MBA fan and have followed B.A. for longer than I care to admit. My evaluation of the starting QB is based on production in practice and on the field. Yes there have only been 8 practices this last week, but Brad has known he would probably start for a long time. This is traditional powerhouse school and that comes with a responsibility!!! Why wasn't he out working with the receivers every day this summer getting down the timing. Two weeks before the opener is not when you start!! Tyler SHOULD be playing QB!!!!!

Edited by B.A. Always

Junk in the trunk, I am a huge supporter of B.A. and have followed them for longer than I care to admit. That doesn't mean I have to ignore the obvious. Nothing would please me more than for Brad to be SENSATIONAL this year, but I am very concerned about his accuracy. The coaches must have some concern or they wouldn't be changing his grip this late. This isn't his first year playing QB!! Maybe the work he has done over the weekend will really pay off in that area. I see the potential for GREATNESS in this team,not mediocraty. I'm sure Brad is working as hard as he can to be the best he can be this year. These next two weeks will tell the story.