BA 2004

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We open up vs. Centennial this coming Friday at home at 730. We are playing Lone Oak ( Ky ) as a part of a home and home series. Apparently Coach Flatt knows the coach and both teams needed somebody to play so it got scheduled. BA ran over them last year, it was not even close, I believe the final was 42-7, but it was 35-0 at halftime when BA took out the first team. That is the only out of state team scheduled, though we did play Anna-Jonesbore ( IL ) last year and won by several touchdowns, I don't know how that one got scheduled.

We open up vs. Centennial this coming Friday at home at 730.  We are playing Lone Oak ( Ky ) as a part of a home and home series. Apparently Coach Flatt knows the coach and both teams needed somebody to play so it got scheduled. BA ran over them last year, it was not even close, I believe the final was 42-7, but it was 35-0 at halftime when BA took out the first team. That is the only out of state team scheduled, though we did play Anna-Jonesbore ( IL ) last year and won by several touchdowns, I don't know how that one got scheduled.

825303948[/snapback]

well thats godo yall get to play an out of state team bc u can see the difference in how teams are in our state compared to ones out of state and plus they give u a whole different look then what we do here.........but anyways good luck against centennial and have a good season and we will play yall soon...i think the week after we play MBA

Irish... I have also heard about the injuries mounting up over at West End. I know that Snyder got injured, but not sure about who else.

By the way, for those of you that hadn't heard already, Coltharp tore his MCL and ACL.

7059... Friday is shaping up to be huge. I am very anxious, and I won't even see any playing time. I just can't wait to see how it shapes up, though I'm guessing that BA will come out slow, then snap awake and take control of the game midway through the first, with Centennial making some late heroics, but BA holding on for a 12 point win. That's my call, but can't wait to see the game.

MBA's projected starting QB Burns is out for the year, that's all I know, there is a whole other thread on that topic.

As for Centennial- I don't post predicted scores in fear of motivating opponents, or discouraging teammates but I will say this- I see this game going one of two ways, BA jumps all over Cent. and runs away with it or starts out sluggish again like last year and we have a tight 4 quarter game, we'll find out in 3 days. Everybody be there, it's on Friday night @ BA at 7:30, great chance to see 5A and DIIAAA powerhouses square off.

Great win last night ! To dominate a team like that while having 5 fumbles just shows how good this team can really be. So sorry for Parker. To work that hard for all these years and be out for your senior year is so unfair. We will really miss him on the field. But his leadership will still be there. This is why EVERYONE has to be ready to play. It only takes one hit for the backup to be the starter! Someone will have to step up BIG TIME to fill Parker's shoes . A great opportunity awaits the guy who decides he wants to be a player and make a difference. Can't wait to see who that will be! 248 yards rushing against our defense is way to much!!! Thank goodness they couldn't hold on to the ball. Trinity 35 - MBA 7!!!

Last night was a huge win for BA. Centennail wasnt all they were hyped up to be, very athletic group, just poorly coached. They were given many opportunites to take the game but couldnt close the deal. BA's defense looked solid though and came through in the end holding the Cougars to 7 points. Our offense look amazing. Bowker was on fire and Barry had 4 or 5 recptions and i think he ecplipsed the 100 yrd mark to. Good luck to DB's stopping him. Ty and Ryan looked stong too. Parker is out and it it ashamed to lose such a talkend player on the field and leader....someone will have to step up and i think it will be Addison Edmonds. Hes smaller and no Parker, but hes not afraid to nail you. Watch out for him to have a good season.

I echo all that about Parker, what a great leader and player, look for Addison Edmunds to be the new starter, with John Ballard and Luke Schuyler rotating in some also. It also wouldn't shock me to see somebody- possibly Dillon Searcy moved to the the position to add more depth.

Other than that, pretty good job BA.

Passing Game- A-, All in all a very good night. Barry had almost 100 yards and we came very close to hitting another deep one to Tyler. Griffin's reverse pass was a flop but other than that things were much better than expected.

Running Game- C+, I know that seems pretty low but the first responsibility of a running back is to hold on to the ball, we didn't do that. The backs ran well and the line made some big holes- we were very effective near the goalline. If we take care of the ball better it will be a very prolific attack.

Defense- B+ 1st team held the high powered Cougars to 7 points, very impressive. They did rack up a few too many yards rushing but the pass defense was amazing, and we did a good job forcing turnovers. LB's must step up to replace Parker.

Overall- B+, scoreboards don't lie- BA beat a very good team solidly. We need to cut down on turnovers and replace Parker, but if we do that this could be a very good team.