BEST RUNNING BACKS IN TSSAA HISTORY

briarcrest23

Joe Simpson 70-74......great back for Obion Central...lead Central to the Clinic Bowl in his junior and senior years. All-state back junior and senior years. He would lay a lick on anyone that got in his way. He could have went to any college around on a full ride, but instead decided to get married.

Wayne Storey 74-78......another great back for Central....4.4 speed and all-stater his junior and senior years. Great outside runner and could pound it up the middle if needed. He could have went to any college around on a full ride as well, but decided to get married.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Moore County has had three Mr. Football running backs. Todd Logan in 88. He was probaly one of the toughest players ever in class 1A. Jeff Norman in 92 who holds the state scoring record with 271 points in season, and he also kicked field goals. Brandon Wells who is second all time behind Flemming on the all time rushing list. He also holds the state record for most 100 yard games in 4 years. He would have gotten the rushing record but the coach WE HAD decided to take him out when we got ahead by 14 points of a team his jr. and sr. years . I think he was only seven or eight hundred yards behind him. I think when it comes to picking a Mr. Football the runningback picks are usually pretty good. But the lineman picks are usually the biggest and worst players, whose team has a winning record.

825284864[/snapback]

Can someone refresh my menory........did the Logan kid go on to play at Penn State or am I having a sr. moment?

Can someone refresh my menory........did the Logan kid go on to play at Penn State or am I having a sr. moment?

825652321[/snapback]

He played years before me, I think he went to UT Martin or somewhere like that. I don't think he played all 4 years . Not real for sure. You might be thinking of Wayne Finchum, he played on the line for Purdue till injuries set in.

I agree with an earlier post. Scotty Whitt from Clinton '92 is the best. You spring chickens on here will not even know who that is though. Another good one was the great LeRoy Thompson from Austin-East '86. A lot will disagree with Whitt because they will not recall who he is because he did not go on and play in college. When you get mixed up in bad stuff and have trouble in class it is hard to go on. Had he made it in college he would be playing on Sunday right now.