BEST RUNNING BACKS IN TSSAA HISTORY

briarcrest23

My vote is for Tripp Tucker from USJ.

Read this article.

http://miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi...200409116484492

825337176[/snapback]

Tripp was so much fun to watch. The one thing I remember most about him wa how fast he would always pop bck up on his feet after you tackled him. I don`t care how hard you hit him he always jumped right back up. This guy was tough.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this really doesn't mean anything to anyone but i thougt it was kind kool.... Chad Pennington played at Campbell County b4 going to Webb....haha

825334245[/snapback]

I can confirm this fact my nephew grew up in campbell co. and has a little leauge baseball picture with him and chad pennington in it.lol :(  thumb

825337139[/snapback]

Imagine, If Campbell Co. had had enough sense to hire Penningtons Dad as Head Coach instead of the string of goobers they have had in the past they might have a running back on this thread. I think Metske is alright, but Pennington has been the backbone of Webb like Bob Black has been at Fulton!!!!!!!!! :justwrestle:

1. Kevin/Keith Cobb -Cleveland

2. Dante Hicky-Cleveland

3. Riggs- Red Bank

4. Lavonte Barber- Cleveland

5. Troy Fleming

6. Dameatrius Fields-Cleveland

7. Brandon Fields-Cleveland

chs that list has several cleveland backs on it but you seem to have left out the best one of all, stefon woods, that cat was awsome, i played against the field brothers and they werent near as good as woods, i saw woods play smyrna in the final game before the title game and it was at smyrna.  woods was the best back i ever saw play in this state hands down.  now thats just out of all i seen play live or played against.

LA wildcat i played for white county and 98 was my last year when we came to livingston and beat yall up.  our tailback ran for 190 yards on your defence.

as for the best back i played against it has to be rashad howse from lavergne.

825335948[/snapback]

i graduated in 98 but my football season ended in 97 , we drilled sparta i never lost to yalls sorry butt, we played twice and won twice, look it up, you graduated in 99 if you are talking about that game i was already gone.

top ten metro backs not in order and i know i didnt name them all but these are some of my fav.

1. david sadler

2.dennis mimms

3.randy payne

4.frog campell

5.troy flemming

6.mike coleman

7.arcenta broome

8.tim covington

9.tony cartello

10.kieth davis

hon. mention:dwayne morris

• 2 weeks later...

I notice most of the posts are about guys who played the the last 20 years, don't forget the old timers:

Bobby Cifers - Dobyns-Bennett - led the nation in scoring in both 1938 and 1939 (set national record in '39)

Johnny Butler - Knox High or Knox Central

Johnny Majors - Huntland

Hal Littleford - Tennessee High

Dixie Roberts - McMinnville

Albert Davis, SR - Alcoa

The best I ever played against was Leroy thompson at Austin-East and Todd Daggs at Tennessee High

The best backfield I ever saw was Tullahoma in 1986 Maurice Shaw(RB,Ole Miss),Antonio London(FB,BAMA,NFL),Steve Mathews(QB-UT/Memphis State, NFL, Arena,XFL)

The best backfield I ever saw was Tullahoma in 1986 Maurice Shaw(RB,Ole Miss),Antonio London(FB,BAMA,NFL),Steve Mathews(QB-UT/Memphis State, NFL, Arena,XFL)

i played at white county from 95-98 and i was in the coaches office my sophmore year looking at old films and came across the game we played the 86 tullhoma wildcats and yes that backfield was sick. those guys were hardnosed football players, i noticed they all made you pay a price for tackling them. i watched that film like 5 times, i was in awe of the toughness and talent of that team.

well i will go down my list: no particular order

James "little man" Stewart,

Eric Westmoreland- played against and he was a man against boys

Travis Stephens

Kirsten Biggers

Gerald Riggs Jr.-has the name and also has a pretty good game, whatched him many times in high school

Ricky Upton-had the not so pleasure of playing against him, and he would make you pay

Reggie Cobb

Eddie Moore-watched him play many times and he was amazing

Also if Eric Locke was a rb and not a QB than i would list him, because he was a one man wrecking crew. Saw what he can do first hand Soddy Daisy game.

Also Troy Fleming was a good 1A back, but theres a big difference when you step up, because we scrimmaged BGA preseason in August of 98 and he gained about 15 yards on 20 or more carries against Soddy Daisy. if he would have gained all those yards in 5A than i would probably give him more credit but he was still a good back.