BEST RUNNING BACKS IN TSSAA HISTORY

briarcrest23

Taylor and Harris at White House were studs, as was Turner at Portland and Brown at Westmoreland. Taylor and Harris had to take punishment, getting more than 20 carries a game. Turner and Brown would top the century mark in four or five carries. Turner was just a burner, and Brown just had great vision and lateral quickness. Those two were smaller backs in offenses designed to spread the wealth. I'm not sure if they could have taken the punishment of getting 20-plus carries every week. Brown was a two-time Mr. Football winner, and I believe Turner won it once as well.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a rb from greenbrier, derrick lucas, that was a mr football as a junior and ran for around 2,500-2,700 yards that same year. what makes it more remarkable is that he was deaf and could not communicate with his line and teammates. i dont know if you want to call him one of the best but he was one of the best to come from greenbrier

Edited by Bruiser79

1. Kevin/Keith Cobb -Cleveland

2. Dante Hicky-Cleveland

3. Riggs- Red Bank

4. Lavonte Barber- Cleveland

5. Troy Fleming

6. Dameatrius Fields-Cleveland

7. Brandon Fields-Cleveland

chs that list has several cleveland backs on it but you seem to have left out the best one of all, stefon woods, that cat was awsome, i played against the field brothers and they werent near as good as woods, i saw woods play smyrna in the final game before the title game and it was at smyrna. woods was the best back i ever saw play in this state hands down. now thats just out of all i seen play live or played against.

LA wildcat i played for white county and 98 was my last year when we came to livingston and beat yall up. our tailback ran for 190 yards on your defence.

as for the best back i played against it has to be rashad howse from lavergne.

DCA[/url]T#12,Sep 9 2004 - 06:12 PM]can't forget orlando "papa" wade from spring hill in 86-87.

825334188[/snapback]

I distinctively remember him running for the sideline in the second half of '86 state championship game. How much did the City of Springhill pay the refs for that game in order to entice Saturn to move there?

In overtime, there was no official on the goal line when Carl Lehr ran for 2 pts. He was called a .25" short based on the spot regardless of the surge. We won't mention the 1st half play. Lehr probably set the state record on 2 pt conversions that season.

Edited by rlh

I know this really doesn't mean anything to anyone but i thougt it was kind kool.... Chad Pennington played at Campbell County b4 going to Webb....haha

825334245[/snapback]

I can confirm this fact my nephew grew up in campbell co. and has a little leauge baseball picture with him and chad pennington in it.lol :D thumb