West Tennessee media coverage during week zero

Libertyfan

I understand your displeasure with the radio broadcast at the start of this post,but just be glad your schools get live play by play the fans of Obion Central and South fulton only get updates in between Dixie Chicks songs

825312005[/snapback]

I love Shania Twain too B)

I don't think they have any songs playing during that portion of the sports programming :rolleyes: The schools are being covered in the listening area aren't they?? :P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that the management at Y105 and The Quake are broke. They obviously don't care enough about the community contribute. I listen to Union City play-by-play on WENK. Jim Cawley, Mike, and Art Sparks do a spectacular job, no matter how bad UC gets hammered.... ;)

Anyways, before the game they do a Countdown to Kickoff and Hutch from the Messenger is on every week. I am always interested in what he has to say. Plus when the game is over they give updates from other games in the area...

Cawley, Rauchle and Sparks handle the game portion of our broadcast, but have nothing to do with Bad Bob's Countdown to Kickoff. That's hosted by yours truly and Hutch...David Robey chimes in with the scores at halftime and post game.

Thanks for listening and sticking with the Tornadoes despite the hard times the team is going through. But, this is a new week and UC stands a good chance to even their record if they can beat Hillcrest.

Where is 101.3 located? I was getting West Tn scores and updates on that station on my way back to Jackson from the Union City game. (I came back through Dyersburg) I don`t know if they carried a game or not. If they did then the game was already over. But I got -plenty of final scores.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Where is 101.3 located? I was getting West Tn scores and updates on that station on my way back to Jackson from the Union City game. (I came back through Dyersburg) I don`t know if they carried a game or not. If they did then the game was already over. But I got -plenty of final scores.

825312316[/snapback]

101.3 is the new frequency for WCMT in Martin. We have a new tower and have increased to 25,000 watts. The West Tennessee H.S. Scoreboard is simulcast on 101.3, 97.7 in Trenton and 93.7 in Milan each Friday night after the conclusion of the broadcast on each station. I've also begun an evening show, "The Pre-Game Meal" 6:30-7:00 on 101.3 & 97.7 prior to game broadcasts. We cover all seven West regions outside Shelby county on the show.

I like to listen to that Homefield show on that new "KFKQ"... it's on 99.3... A while back I heard a show and that man told his opinion on the new classification for all of the teams from west TN... From what I remember he got it all right.. He said UC should be a 1A team and now they're 1A, still a little upset about that :(... they have a better shot ---- i guess:( i'll miss playing Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, Dresden, Peabody, and Humbolt.. It used to be so competitive.

Anyways.. I like Homefield on KF99.

Edited by goldentornadoes

So can I assume that 101.3 carries Westview games? 97.7 carries Trenton games? And  93.7 carries Milan`s games? Or do any of them do other games?

825312777[/snapback]

101.3 carries a mix of Westview, Dresden, Greenfield, & Gleason with one play by play and one game with updates each week. 97.7 carries either Trenton or Gibson Co. & 93.7 has Milan exclusively. Scores from throughout West Tennessee are given on each broadcast & afterward on West Tennessee H.S. Scoreboard w/ Frank Underwood on all three.

101.3 carries a mix of Westview, Dresden, Greenfield, & Gleason with one play by play and one game with updates each week. 97.7 carries either Trenton or Gibson Co. & 93.7 has Milan exclusively. Scores from throughout West Tennessee are given on each broadcast & afterward on West Tennessee H.S. Scoreboard w/ Frank Underwood on all three.

825312946[/snapback]

LOL....Sorry I know this has NOTHING to do with this post but I got to do it.....Can someone ask Frank Underwood if they still ring that victory bell at Tiny Knee Stadium in Ripley..LOL....Again SORRY!!!..... <_<

I like to listen to that Homefield show on that new "KFKQ"... it's on 99.3... A while back I heard a show and that man told his opinion on the new classification for all of the teams from west TN...  From what I remember he got it all right..  He said UC should be a 1A team and now they're 1A, still a little upset about that :D...  they have a better shot ---- i guess:(  i'll miss playing Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, Dresden, Peabody, and Humbolt..  It used to be so competitive.

Anyways..  I like Homefield on KF99.

825312775[/snapback]

Thanks for listening.