Campbell Co. vs Jefferson Co. Week 2

possumcop

well folks, i ain't gonna give a prediction til later in the week, but all i will say is the score will be low. Shiverdecker alone won't be able to take the whole Campbell County defense on. linebackers played well in the Mo East game and i would expect the same this friday night. i guess i'll give my prediction on Wed. B)

lata

Shaunman

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To win this game and any others that JC will play this year they are going to have to change some things.

The D played good enough to win, but there are changes that will have to be made to win all year.

1) cornerback #4 Acuff was beat all night long and could have been beat some more if Rhea co QB could have gotten the ball to his recivers. Something has to be done at this position--Pewitt-Stanley--Bowlin-Crouch

2) his brother Acuff # 10 also was beat a number of times on the night. Pewitt-Bowlin-Crouch

3) The rest of the D need to step it up and make the big plays when they can.

a. CB Huskie played a great game but he did drop a give me int for a touchdown in the first half. result --TD

b. Bret Dentons int should have gone for a touchdown, but again JC Sr, LB (Smiley) held on the play when the Rhea Co. player had no chance to make the tackle. result -TD

c. JC still has to many of there ballplayer watching--Pewitt, Bowlin, Stanley-Crouch

JC offense

1) Coach U created this QB problem, the OB postion should have been setteled week ago. neither QB got to take alot of snaps last year, but in a mop up roll.

thanks to Mr. Meadows. Coach U has to make a decision on QB, which ever one of them it is, because it is dividing the team. The other reason is that the other player that is not the QB needs to be playing another position. One of the QB needs to be taking all the snaps in practice.

2) Yeary is not a fulback, he needs to be put back on the line were he can do the most damage. He runs to upright and when he turns he is a easy target to tackle.

JC could use Huskie, Smiley, Lowery, Stanley all to play FB, all are better running the ball and they have better body control to block on the run.

3)If the line gets enough push up front then someone else can block for Schive.

4) Blair also needs to be were he can do the most damage may or may not be TE JC could have an outstanding line if we went with Hopkins & Yeray at the tackles spot and Kline & Luther at the Gaurd spots with Green being the center, Blair being the TE.

5) With this offense JC is going to have to throw the ball, Rhea Co. put 8 & 9 people in the box all night long. The slant pattern that should have been thrown for a touchdown was there all night long.

6) All the pattern that JC were running, flood one side of the field and the QB is always rolling out to throw. They will have to put in some crossing pattern and some deep out and ends to attach the whole field.

Special Teams--long snapper has to go! short snaps on punt-Rhea co--TD

Short snap on Extra point and missed field goal.

Someone with better speed needs to be returning punts.

JC-21

CC-17

To win this game and any others that JC will play this year they are going to have to change some things.

The D played good enough to win, but there are changes that will have to be made to win all year.

1) cornerback #4 Acuff was beat all night long and could have been beat some more if Rhea co QB could have gotten the ball to his recivers. Something has to be done at this position--Pewitt-Stanley--Bowlin-Crouch

2) his brother Acuff # 10 also was beat a number of times on the night. Pewitt-Bowlin-Crouch

3) The rest of the D need to step it up and make the big plays when they can.

a. CB Huskie played a great game but he did drop a give me int for a touchdown in the first half. result --TD

b. Bret Dentons int should have gone for a touchdown, but again JC Sr, LB (Smiley) held on the play when the Rhea Co. player had no chance to make the tackle.  result -TD

c. JC still has to many of there ballplayer watching--Pewitt, Bowlin, Stanley-Crouch

JC offense

1) Coach U created this QB problem, the OB postion should have been setteled week ago. neither QB got to take alot of snaps last year, but in a mop up roll.

thanks to Mr. Meadows. Coach U has to make a decision on QB, which ever one of them it is, because it is dividing the team. The other reason is that the other player that is not the QB needs to be playing another position. One of the QB needs to be taking all the snaps in practice.

2) Yeary is not a fulback, he needs to be put back on the line were he can do the most damage. He runs to upright and when he turns he is a easy target to tackle.

JC could use Huskie, Smiley, Lowery, Stanley all to play FB, all are better running the ball and they have better body control to block on the run.

3)If the line gets enough push up front then someone else can block for Schive.

4) Blair also needs to be were he can do the most damage may or may not be TE JC could have an outstanding line if we went with Hopkins & Yeray at the tackles spot and Kline & Luther at the Gaurd spots with Green being the center, Blair being the TE.

5) With this offense JC is going to have to throw the ball, Rhea Co. put 8 & 9 people in the box all night long. The slant pattern that should have been thrown for a touchdown was there all night long.

6) All the pattern that JC were running, flood one side of the field and the QB is always rolling out to throw. They will have to put in some crossing pattern and some deep out and ends to attach the whole field.

Special Teams--long snapper has to go! short snaps on punt-Rhea co--TD

Short snap on Extra point and missed field goal.

Someone with better speed needs to be returning punts.

JC-21

CC-17

825319100[/snapback]

Some of those changes might happen,most won`t. Jason Yeary is not playing FB to run,he's there to block,he only gets 2-3 carries a game anyway.I agree with you about the QB's,and I agree with you about Blair.I never did understand why Coach U broke up that O-Line from last year,I say we go back to that lineup with the only change being Scott Hopkins at the tackle.The only problem with that is who ever we put at FB will be small.We could use Smiley but,I don`t think coach U wants to play that many guys on both sides of the ball.You can forget the deep outs,and crossing patterns,our QB's can`t make those throws.Simple passing routes is whats needed.Rolling the QB's out is a BAD idea.I have a fealing the special teams won`t have those kind of mistakes anymore,practice makes perfect.The coaches have been moving guys around in the secondary since the spring,trying to find the right combination.Shane has the best hands on the team,so thats why he's back catching punts.

Hey! If Campbell Co comes out and beats Jefferson Co I`ll give them all the credit they deserve.But come on,we`re talking about Campbell Co,a team that will go crazy if they win 5 games.That is the difference between Campbell Co and Jeff Co,Campbell Co would go crazy if they win 5 games,if Jeff Co only wins 5 games,its a disappointment.

Edited by JC4life

. . . That is the difference between Campbell Co and Jeff Co,Campbell Co would go crazy if they win 5 games,if Jeff Co only wins 5 games,its a disappointment.

825319764[/snapback]

There will be much excitement if Cambpell Co. wins 5 games this year, but a victory over Jefferson Co. will not cause Cougar fans to "go crazy" like in the 2001 victory over the Pats. In Friday's victory over MoEast, there was very little celebration by the players themselves. They huddled around their coach and started talking about taking care of business with Jeff Co. These kids believe in themselves and will be ready for the Patriots. Keep laughing - I hope the JC players have the same attitude. :D

its a good thing we had our positions worked out in the spring...i know how hard it is to move ppl around every game...thats what we used to do but now we actually have the talent at every position to stay with what we got...so wait a minute JC4life.....if Yeary and Smiley arent playing line...then who are the big uglies this year? and what are the sizes? if you dont care to share that kind of info......

Yeary, is 5'10 250 lbs. and a great lineman, but he stands up when he comes out of his stance and has a hard time getting to the LB & TE and hitting him low enough to keep the tackler off of Schevidecker. He could help stop the rush up front.

Bowlin can throw all the passes in the pocket or on the roll out, he has a very strong arm, he needs reps most of all.

As we seen late in the game with the pressure on and the D know that we were going to throw Ben could not move well enough to get away from the rush and make the throws. He also lost the handle on a snap out of the gun. However the short passing game screens, etc. did work well for Ben a couple of times when the Rhea Co. team was expecting the run. The short passing game with little risk would work well for Ben.

One of the guys need to be told that they are the QB and until they prove they cannot get it done, he needs to leave them there. You cannot play looking over your shoulder, or be a leader

The other guy needs to be put at another position to help the team.

I know it is easy tto overlook the Cougars or look at them as an easy win. But I have news for the Jeff County faithful. These are not the Cougars you are used to seeing. This team will turn alot of heads this year and will not be a cakewalk for anyboody. I have followed them since spring practice and have coached or coached against most of the players when they were in middle school. This team has the desire, heart, and ability to win. By the end of the season Brance Stiner will have proven why he is starting QB. Chris Johnson will be the schools all time leading risher with a healthy season. The defense will dominate many games this year and we all know the old saying, "offense wins ball games, but defense wins championships."

I know it is easy tto overlook the Cougars or look at them as an easy win.  But I have news for the Jeff County faithful.  These are not the Cougars you are used to seeing.  This team will turn alot of heads this year and will not be a cakewalk for anyboody.  I have followed them since spring practice and have coached or coached against most of the players when they were in middle school.  This team has the desire, heart, and ability to win.  By the end of the season Brance Stiner will have proven why he is starting QB.  Chris Johnson will be the schools all time leading risher with a healthy season.  The defense will dominate many games this year and we all know the old saying, "offense wins ball games, but defense wins championships."

825320079[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself...That still leaves the question...who are the starting 5 linemen for Jeff County? Edited by CCReciever08