DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations D-B. Great first half. Still another classic.

WaCoJaCo said it best, Duran Ferguson. What a player. Most quarterbacks would have suffered a ton of sacks, but this MAN gave up very little. He played every play and he brings it every play. Lamon is good. I still can't believe we had it picked off and he took it away from our DB for a touchdown. These guys have a great supporting cast as well. You are blessed with other very capable receivers. Good Luck on the rest of your season. See you about round three of the playoffs.

The Mighty Tribe Whips Oak Ridges Buttox tonight in the ship...i didnt hear the game...but from the score and where this game was played and DB being a underdog i would easly say that this Tribe is Very Mighty

825336091[/snapback]

Hmm, okay first of all I did listen to the entire game and as anyone will tell you who did the same it was not a butt whooping. The game was actually really close until around the 4th quarter when Oak Ridge started tiring out. I played the past 3 years and I know that this years two-a-day schedule was a lot easier than I ever remembered, and the lack of conditioning came out a little against a good D-B team. But I never make excuses. OR had several chances, it just wasn't meant to be.

And to everyone else, it is still extreeeemely early to be hollerin out STATE just yet....

Cats hold your heads high! You played a great team and fought to the end. With so many injuries (or cramps) in the second half a lesser team could have laid down. With 2nd and 3rd team defensive backs in the game and hanging with Lamon, Duran, and company there is no shame. Subs - you played great. This will only make you a better TEAM. Scott McMahon - you are a warrior. Your family and your team should be proud. Spencer - your heart is huge. My little sons watch you and understand desire and effort is what makes a great player. JJ Wells -you grew up tonight. Covering Lamon most of the night can only make you better. Forget the few mistakes. You are on your way to a great season. Now eveyone knows you can play!

Congrats to the class act DB. Duran is the man. Cats - now you know what you have to do. Step up the conditioning. You have the talent and the heart. Don't lose because you're on the sideline watching the game wishing you could get back in.

Let's face it. Both teams appeared to be running out of gas. Neither had been challenged thus far in the season, and when you need your best players to go four quarters to compete with a team of these two teams caliber, you are going to have conditioning issues. Look at the cramps suffered by both teams players. It may be September, but it's not exactly cold either.

The team with the fewest turnovers won this game. Oak Ridge's punting game lacked a lot to be desired, but when you consider this kid has only been called on to punt twice in the first two games against less than worthy opponents who obviosly were unable to force the Wildcats to punt, and had never punted at the Varsity level, I guess we came out better than it could have been.

Poor judgment on some plays and having to play Scott McMahon both ways did not help our cause. Unsportsmanlikes and the ejection contributed to Oak Ridge's eventual demise.

Again, I congratulate Duran Ferguson and the entire Dobbyns-Bennett team on a great win at an old rival's season opener.

1st trip to THE SHIP.... SA WEET WIN FOR THE INDIANS.

Awesome atmosphere. DB & Oak Ridge both had great crowds and man everyone was into this game.

Duran Duran is fantastic. DB Defense help OR to 1 TD in the 2nd half...huge.

GMan is a genious coach.

Way to go Indians... We will see OR again, no doubt about it.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

im not gonna lie....DB beat us.....but we beat ourselves also...Ferguson i have to give it up is a bad boy. BUT...there is the hidden variables....not a region game....and oh yes please believe we will be seein ya in tha 3rd round ya heard me??? watch out for tha boy cuz this time....i might get in tha game a lil bit earlier...with ALOT more energy.....WATCH OUT YA HEARD ME

I never caught the stats. But Duran Duran Ferguson has 2 TD Runs (5 total for the season) and 3 TD Passes (14 total for the season).. 2 TD Passes were to Lamon Williams. #1 TD for Lamon was a 60 Yd BOMB. 2nd TD should have been and was nearly intercepted in the endzone to end the 1st half, but Lamon just took the ball out of the OR Defenders hands. That gave DB a 26-21 Halftime lead. The 3rd TD pass was to David Earls, TE...a beautiful pass play.

It appeared like OR was going to take control of the game early in the 2nd half. OR scored on the initial drive and added a 2 pt conversion to make it 29-26 OR. DB fumbled the following Kickoff and OR scooped the ball up and nearly scored a TD, but the guy fumbled, the ball ended up in the DB endzone with DB recovering for a Safety for OR..31-26 OR. DB kicked of to OR and this is what was so huge in the game. OR was on the DB 45 with 4th and 1-1/2 yds... they should have gone for it, DB was not stopping the run... for some reason, OR punted. DB took over the game from that point on.

It was a fantastic game, especially the first half. I was beat to death by halftime and could hardly speak from the non stop cheering.

Best ever ROAD CROWD I HAVE SEEN FOR THE INDIANS.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay