Goodpasture vs. Lipscomb

DLballer11

Lookout!!  Serious post ahead: Okay, through the grapevine I'm hearin rumors of game changing madness.  Someone please let us know the truth as soon as possible.  I don't want anyone's useless opinion on when the game should be, and I don't want to know what you heard from a guy who heard from a guy who's cousin goes to Goodpasture elementary school.  If you know the facts, and only if you know the facts, please post them.  Thanks.

825344265[/snapback]

Due to the remnants of Hurricane Ivan, the game is actually being played right now at a neutral site. Channel 4's Larry Britton reported on his word on the street that the game will be settled on a play station 2 at an undisclosed location near the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. A 6th grader from Lipscomb and a 6th grader from Goodpasture will be at the controls with the actual head coaches offering in-put on the play selection. Rain and wind were built into the playing conditions to reflect a true to life game situation.

The game can be seen on COMCAST EA SPORTS channel at this very moment. Goodpasture currently has a 5-3 lead with 2:21 remaining in the 1st quarter. The teams swapped field goals (Lipscomb from 27yds and Goodpasture's was a wind aided 78 yds) and then Lipscomb fumbled a screen pass at the 50, but a gust of wind blew the ball through the endzone for a safety.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious post TedLNancy.  How long did it take you to come up with that clever response? Now seriously, is the game changed or what?

825344403[/snapback]

A power outage near Briley Parkway forced the PS2 Goodpasture/Lipscomb game to be suspended with 8:37 remaining in the 2nd quarter and the score tied at 5-5. Lipscomb tied the game when Lipscomb's Chuck Ross had a 97 yard punt that bounced off of the head of Goodpasture's Chris Snoddy on the 3 yard line and went out of the back of the endzone. Corey Redding, who can't decide which school he is actually associated with, said it was the most amazing kick he had seen since he saw Andy McWilliams kick 29 consecutive 50 yard field goals during pre-game before the Cougars hosted BGA in 1999.

After a 1 hour wait, school officials actually watched the channel 2 future cast. When they determined that the rain would end in middle Tennessee overnight, they decided to play the game at the regularly scheduled time of 7:00 on Friday night.

Well as big as the Lipscomb vs Goodpasture game is....The biggest game in the state is Alcoa vs. Sweetwater.  You talk about tradition well there it is.  Add up their state championships.  This game could be a preview of things to come. 

If the Lipscomb vs Goodpasture game is on tv over there I hope someone will tape it for me so I can see for my self if these teams can compete with Alcoa.

825341876[/snapback]

if you had enough sense to want to watch a real team play like goodpasture i might listen to your posts.i hope that alcoa even makes it far enough to play the pasture in the playoffs if so im calling a massacre. And back to this lipscomb game i would have to say GP35 DL 6

Lookout!!  Serious post ahead: Okay, through the grapevine I'm hearin rumors of game changing madness.  Someone please let us know the truth as soon as possible.  I don't want anyone's useless opinion on when the game should be, and I don't want to know what you heard from a guy who heard from a guy who's cousin goes to Goodpasture elementary school.  If you know the facts, and only if you know the facts, please post them.  Thanks.

825344265[/snapback]

Man, I thought you were in law school. Forgive me. This proves you far exceed that and may even be a judge (they don't allow hearsay and usually just cut to the core issue, thereby moving the argument along to its ultimate conclusion)! Well said. Before you became a judge, were you a partner at the Church of Christ law firm of Bomb, Squad and Stang? Good luck to DL. Go Cougs!

Here we go with all the church stuff again... Maybe I need to take my son to public school.

Anyway back to the game. I do not know enough about the 2 to make a prediction. I am just glad the weather is going to coporate for some good tailgaiting.

Good Luck to both teams hopefully no injuries.

A power outage near Briley Parkway forced the PS2 Goodpasture/Lipscomb game to be suspended with 8:37 remaining in the 2nd quarter and the score tied at 5-5.  Lipscomb tied the game when Lipscomb's Chuck Ross had a 97 yard punt that bounced off of the head of Goodpasture's Chris Snoddy on the 3 yard line and went out of the back of the endzone.  Corey Redding, who can't decide which school he is actually associated with, said it was the most amazing kick he had seen since he saw Andy McWilliams kick 29 consecutive 50 yard field goals during pre-game before the Cougars hosted BGA in 1999.

After a 1 hour wait, school officials actually watched the channel 2 future cast.  When they determined that the rain would end in middle Tennessee overnight, they decided to play the game at the regularly scheduled time of 7:00 on Friday night.

825344863[/snapback]

Good to have you back, Ted. We really missed you while you took your sabbatical from the ACLU to work with the Democratic Party (Go Kerry!). Maybe in a year or two you will receive that grant and be able to fulfill your lifelong dream and work with NAMBLA (visit NAMBLA's website). However, your time spent with your childhood idols (Jesse Jackson, Bob Kerrey, Al Gore, Michael Moore, Al Sharpton, et al) must have caused some memory loss.

McWilliams' streak (known as the "The Streak" within the coaching fraternity, but not to be confused with Ray Stevens' song "The Streak") was actually 28, and not 29. He was going for #29 during pre-game when DL's bus arrived. When DL's Wally took the field, McWilliams' holder (who shall remain nameless, but his initials are JP) had his blood pressure sky-rocket and thus brought "The Streak" to a crashing hault. You see, JP, I mean the holder, saw Wally, got so angry that he saw red and pulled a Lucy on good ole Charlie Brown (aka McWilliams). The first thing that hit was the back of his head, and sadly, he wasn't wearing a pumpkin for a helmet. Snoddy charged the field, but to no avial. The Wah-Wah wagon had to be called, and "The Streak" was over.

The moral of this story: Don't go cliff diving off bridges.

Edited by Eddie Van Halen

WOW , what a weekend of football for the state of Tn. UT and Florida, Vandy and Ole Miss(with former DL standout Ethan Flatt at the reigns), but most importantly Goodpasture and Lipscomb. It is going to turn out to be a beautiful day in the mid state area with game time conditions in the low 70's with mostly clear skies.(Chalk up a mental error for those who moved their games) All the sights,sounds, and smells of GP and DL are coming to life. In no more than 20 minutes Chico will deliver the annual (sometimes biannual) chapel spill. The Cougar Meat cheer will echo all across campus as the rowdy Stang students get fired up by their fearless leader, the Great Chico. As the day moves on the pep rally will begin in the Ernie Smith("the little general") Gymnasium. Chico will cap this off with the ever famous directions to Goodpasture.(North til you smell it, East til you step in it). We are 9 hours and 10 minutes away from one of the best rivalries in the State, dont miss it. If you cant make it out , tune in on Comcast 27 or 1160 AM to hear the voice of the Stangs.

Go Stangs! Final Prediction......DL 27 GP 14

Alright, rumors shumors! I feel the need to apologize for my earlier post about weather, What a wonderful day! Even now it might be a little cloudy, but there is a nice breeze and good temperature, Gonna be a great night for football. Cougars2state, I consider myself a relativley smart guy, but I have read you post about 5 times and still don't quite understand it. That said, I'm gonna take it as a compliment, if it was meant as otherwise please let me know and I will be more than happy to fire back at you. None the less, I wish good luck to the cougars. Ted and Eddie oviously have nothing to do on high school football friday, I mean get a job! You guys are out there, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Guru, what an emaculate representation of the smorgasbord of shenanigans that occur at the scholastic environment that is David Lipscomb High School, kudos. I hope all the fans step it up a couple of notches tonight, and keep the environment of this game as one of the best anywhere. GP, with the weather like it is and the showdown of the recievers, Turner and Hillin, you might want to replace the lights in the ole scoreboard, it's gonna be a great one. Go Stangs!