Goodpasture vs. Lipscomb

DLballer11

What do Turner and Brewer have in common.  Let's see one plays basketball and one plays football.  That is like saying a golfer has something in common with a bowler.  Nothing.  Give them credit.  One got and the other will get a scholly from a major D-1 school.  Don't be jealous.  hsfootball...did you want a golf scholly and not get one?

825341018[/snapback]

For an expert, you certainly are not very intelligent. My colleague, hsfball, was simply stating the likenesses of these two spectacular athletes: Brewer, on the court, demanded constant double teams in high school, while Turner, on the field demands much of the same. Comparing a football player to a basketball player is EXACTLY like comparing a golfer to a bowler, I mean I completly see your reasoning there, Basketball and Football are packed with pure athletes while golfers and bowlers can afford to be, how should I say this...Out of shape. For instance, I'm sure a man of your calibur could roll a 12 pound ball down a lane, and might could play 9 holes of golf, if you had a cart. However sir, you could never, whether here in middle Tennessee of in the Smokies, play on a basketball court or on a football field (except at halftime if you got a younger man to support you while you held your tuba) And finally, "scholly"???

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an expert, you certainly are not very intelligent.  My colleague, hsfball, was simply stating the likenesses of these two spectacular athletes: Brewer, on the court, demanded constant double teams in high school, while Turner, on the field demands much of the same.  Comparing a football player to a basketball player is EXACTLY like comparing a golfer to a bowler, I mean I completly see your reasoning there, Basketball and Football are packed with pure athletes while golfers and bowlers can afford to be, how should I say this...Out of shape.  For instance, I'm sure a man of your calibur could roll a 12 pound ball down a lane, and might could play 9 holes of golf, if you had a cart.  However sir, you could never, whether here in middle Tennessee of in the Smokies, play on a basketball court or on a football field (except at halftime if you got a younger man to support you while you held your tuba)  And finally, "scholly"???

825341071[/snapback]

I could not have said it any better myself BombSquad. I wish these message boards were not so cluttered with people like DLballer11 and EXPERT making ridiculous comments that deserve a response.

What does a man have to do around here to get some football talk? This has turned outrageous. We got talk about denominations ranging all the way to tubas. I havent calculated, but I would be willing to wager that 75% of these posts have nothing to do with football. This is the biggest football game in 2A football in the regular season(sorry Milan and Huntingdon) and the talk of this board is making it sound like this is the Stewart Co. vs. Houston Co. game. Come on guys lets get serious because game day is rapidly approaching.

So to the game at hand here, does anyone know who has the best sideline camera man between these two teams? I feel this could be a big part of the game. If twittycanes and company are able to take pictures from the right angles I feel that Turner will drop a few passed due to the flash. However, if they fail to step up to the challenge the Stangs could be in for a long night. What is the scouting report on Goodpasture's camera man? I will be interested to see how this will play out on Friday night, and until next time please keep this thread about the game and not about personal nonsense.

This is the biggest football game in 2A football in the regular season(sorry Milan and Huntingdon) and the talk of this board is making it sound like this is the Stewart Co. vs. Houston Co. game....  So to the game at hand here, does anyone know who has the best sideline camera man between these two teams? I feel this could be a big part of the game. 

825341110[/snapback]

As demented as this post looks, you bring up a semi-decent point. I have been to a few games involving the teams mentioned, and I think the reason you refer to Stewart Co. and Houston Co. negatively, at least in part is the lack of sideline cameras. This is one position on the field that I would almost guarantee you Lipscomb and Goodpasture recruit. I mean, the two schools you mentioned cannot, in any way, at any position, recruit, and as a result I have not seen much evidence of solid camera-work. And to those of you who don't think a camera flash can effect a receiver: Try running an out route with a 3,000 watt flash bulb exploding 3 yards in front of you. That is one area among many that DL and GP get their players ready for the next level, I think the usage of sideline cameras has helped Patrick Turner in his quest for a top D1 scholarship. Rogers wasn't hurt by the flash bulbs either, but he was naturally gifted athletically before he was introduced to sideline cams. They were just an added bonus of the college prep school.

I see DL taking this one, and I am sick and tired of Goodpasture and their overrated players. I have seen Turner play many games and have not been impressed. He is big yes but that is it. I think he will get dominated in college for a while unless they beaf him up and make him a TE or make him faster. And can someone explain to me how Goodpasture ends up with the most overrated players in TN, not only in football, but in bball as well (Daniel and Frey) . I will say this that Turner is the most legit player of that bunch but to be rated as high as he is I wanna see somethin.

I see DL taking this one, and I am sick and tired of Goodpasture and their overrated players. I have seen Turner play many games and have not been impressed. He is big yes but that is it. I think he will get dominated in college for a while unless they beaf him up and make him a TE or make him faster. And can someone explain to me how Goodpasture ends up with the most overrated players in TN, not only in football, but in bball as well (Daniel and Frey) . I will say this that Turner is the most legit player of that bunch but to be rated as high as he is I wanna see somethin.

825341285[/snapback]

You might not be too impressed either because you set your standards to high or because Patrick turner is constantly being double teamed/ because teams take extra precaution to never let him get a play across even though he still does. Overrated......hmmmm dont know about that one

825341285[/snapback]

I would have to dissagree with u for if no other reason than the fact that every college in the U.S. wants him i mean u might of seen him on a bad day because he is human but he is a great player he is big has moves and also great hands

as far as the game goes i think goodpasture has plenty of weapons i guess we will have to wait and see to be sure though

Well as big as the Lipscomb vs Goodpasture game is....The biggest game in the state is Alcoa vs. Sweetwater. You talk about tradition well there it is. Add up their state championships. This game could be a preview of things to come.

If the Lipscomb vs Goodpasture game is on tv over there I hope someone will tape it for me so I can see for my self if these teams can compete with Alcoa.

As a former player in this rivalary, I can tell you there is no love-loss between these two teams, schools, or coaches.

If anyone will remember how intense this used to be, back in the days of the 3-classification system only two teams made the playoffs.

Well Brentwood Academy was in the same district along with Lipscomb Goodpasture and Harpeth.

Being that BA never lost a district game in division I, Lipscomb and Goodpasture used to play in week 10 for the final playoff berth.

As a student I attended everyone of these from 3rd-7th grade, but starting in 8th grade I got to see the rivalary up close from the sidelines.

When BA moved up in 1993 Goodpasture and Lipscomb began playing for the region title, still very heated rivalary, but nothing like having your season end to your rival as it used to be like.

since 1993, Lipscomb has won 5 region titles and Goodpasture has 5 region titles, in addition they shared the region with Smith County in 1999, so that would make it 6 a piece.

Scores from Past Games

1993- DL 21-7

1994- DL 28-0

1995- GHS 11-0

1995- GHS 24-0

1996- GHS 32-13

1997- DL 36-29

1998- DL 28-14

1999- DL 9-3

2000- GHS 28-27

2000- GHS 7-6

2001- GHS 14-0

2002- GHS 14-7

2002- DL 29-0

2003- DL 38-35

since 1993

Series tied at 7-7

825341285[/snapback]

Such an athletic expert-poser! Obviously, explaining to you so you would understand would take a gross exaggeration of the English language. And you also must suffer from poor vision. Come to the game. Daniel, Frey AND Pat T will all be in attendance. Maybe B) you can ask them for yourself! thumb