Goodpasture vs. Lipscomb

DLballer11

Throw out all of the stats & records. This will be a great hard fought game by both schools I am sure. Neither team will out work the other this week in practice. It simply will come down to who turns the ball over the fewest or who makes the least mistakes. This game is the Comcast Game Of The Week. Lets show the entire broadcast viewers what great schools both of these programs are. Show class & sportsmanship & keep earning the respect of the people. Obviously I hope Lipscomb is the victor. Get there early.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a link to the live broadcast of the lipscomb vs. Goodpasture game at goodpasturefootball.com on the night of the game. This is goin to be a great game, I think Goodpastures gonna take it this year. Skinny lineman's predicted score-Goodpasture-37 lipscomb 35. If your going to go to the game and you want a decent seat get there early.

825338257[/snapback]

You are a plump taint. China rice monster will dominate. lipscomb wins 55-1 :justwrestle:

hey  (hsfball), I'm pretty sure that the only people that are not allowed to start threads are those loser David Lipscomb college freshman that can't let go of high school.  and the other people that can't are kids who have nothing better to do than post on coacht b/c they got dumped by their girlfriend.  oh my goodness, it seems i have described you in both cases, so next time take a hint and keep your big mouth shut.

Note from OnlineLC: I have deleted the actual name of hsfball. You do not need to reveal real names on coacht.

825337259[/snapback]

First of all, I'd like to thank OnlineLC for deleting my name from this ignorant post. I think past instances have proven I am the only one releasing personal information onto coacht.

Secondly, I go to THE University of Tennessee not LU. While Lipscomb University is a good institution, I have too much self-respect, and not enough money to attend.

Thirdly, You barely know who I am, how would you even know anything about my personal life? I haven’t had a girlfriend since about April, so how could I have been dumped??? You need to quit believing the Easttnfballexpert propaganda that is rampant throughout coacht. He doesn't even know a rectal thermometer from a tongue depressor.

I say all that to say this...I would like to apologize to the wonderful fans of both the David Lipscomb Mustangs and the Goodpasture Cougars, the coacht moderators, and any other unfortunate soul who has to read posts where I must defend myself from an ignorant 14-year-old. This is a high school sports message board. You do not have to be in high school to enjoy high school sports. In my opinion, it is the purest form of each and every sport and carries with it more pride than any level of athletics. Anyone who has been on any DL football, bball, softball, or baseball coacht thread knows that there are a group of us that like to crack jokes and what not. We all know each other, and it is all in fun. However, we always attempt to use this sight for what it was designed for. So to Dlballer11, you need to tone it down a little bit. Can a puma challenge a lion for the throne??? I think not. You aren’t even close to the stage where you can call out people like easttnfballexpert, twittycanes, apu, paper, scissors, rock, paper-rock-scissors, eddie van halen, chatt choo choo, 2aguru, move those chains, sallyomally911, bombsquad, space21, khopkins, panzyfan, and of course myself. I think I speak for all of us when I say, get on our level.

Edited by hsfball

Now that all of the nonsense is out of the way. If I was in town I would be at this game without a doubt. It is one of my top three games I enjoy on any level of sports. It will be interesting to hear about what Rogers does and from where. Last year he cleaned up as a DB and had several HUGE catches too. I dont expect the game to be anything like last year, and I am not making a prediction. Somewhat because of bias, but a lot because I havent seen either team play all year. Last year Rogers came in with some better recieving stats, but tis year he has been a great team player moving wherever he is needed. While Turner's stats may not look that great on paper, you have to remember that every defense is creating schemes to stop him, and him alone. Similar to Corey Brewer formally of Portland High School, currently of UF bench. Turner is extremely talented and will be a huge test for the Mustang secondary, but that is nothing everyone didnt already know. Good luck to both teams.

Well, Well. The annual battle between the Cougars and Stangaroos. This is what middle tn 2A football fans live for. This game has a tough act to follow from last years 38-35 Mustang victory on a last second 35 yard field goal. An estimated 5,000 were in attendance to see this instant classic. If you want a seat get there early. The regular hype will be accompanied by the two of the best players in the state battling it out in Rogers and Turner.

After the initial reports from both camps the early line is:

Favorite Line Underdog

D.Lipscomb 2 Goodpasture

Home Team in Bold.

Over/Under: 275 total yards from Rogers and Turner combined - Under

Edited by 2Aguru

Alright, now that we seem to have eliminated the problem of DLballer11, someone who, like many others, posts nothing of significance, a "Poster-Poser" if you will (I just invented that, patent-pending), we have another person get on here and post something totally irrelevent. Westtn, hold your horses, (or bulldogs, whatever the case may be) you will have many an opportunity later to ask demented questions like that one that very well should be rhetorical. Now, back to what matters here on this thread: Ahh, years and years of eating Cougar meat took a hit there for a little while in the early 2000's but the Mustangs have revived the yearly feast of their cross-town rivals. I think this year will be a battle in the true-est since of the word, not unlike past years. This game is more than football, it is one of the most fascinating environments I have ever been in. People jammed everywhere, fans goin nuts, players giving more than they've got to give, coaches losing their voices, people who know nothing about football coming just because it's Lipscomb-Goodpasture. Two top quality programs just havin' it out on the field in front of tons of people--that is what high school football is all about. Sure these two schools play 9-14 other teams every year, and the season doesn't hang on this game, but I'll guarantee you players from both sides think about beating this Friday's opposing team. There will be bigger games later in the post season for playoff purposes, but regular season: Ain't nothin' bigger than this one.

Either capable of beating either semifinalist out of the west????

Well I dont think we will know the answer to this one until early December when the teams square off. Who knows Alcoa could be the best team in the east though.

As the past 2 years in 2A have shown, there is no way to predict what will happen.

DL was picked to lose by many in 2002 when they handled Mitchell, and the opposite happened last year. So who knows and who cares? Its September and a long time away til any of these teams would play. But for what it is worth DL and Goodpasture have dominated 2A football the last 10 years so i would assume they are "capable".

2A Champions and Runner Ups since 1994:

2003- Huntingdon , David Lipscomb

2002- David Lipscomb, Mitchell

2001- Goodpasture, Westview

2000- Alcoa , Union City

1999- Goodpasture, Huntingdon

1998- Milan , David Lipscomb

1997- Tyner , Union City

1996- Knox Webb , Goodpasture

1995- Goodpasture , Meigs Co.

1994 - David Lipscomb , Harriman

Lets do some calculating now:

Championships for Goodpasture and Lipscomb- 5

Runner Ups for Goodpasture and Lipscomb- 3

So maybe that will answer your question if these teams are "capable".

825339826[/snapback]

Well that is a brilliant statement when you consider that the state championship for about 7 of the last 10 years or so has been decided between Lipscomb and Goodpasture. Every now and then one of the West TN teams will get loaded up for a win. Let's see Huntingdon....Once in the history of the school. Now that is a powerful tradition. I bet Lipcomb and Goodpasture have combined for over 300 wins the last 15 years. Now you do the math. Ok I will do it for you. An average of 10 wins per season. Heck 2 years ago Mitchell was the best the west had to offer and Lipscomb went through them like Ivan will Florida.

Now to the matter at hand. Lipcomb has too many weapons for the Cougars this year. Yes Goodpasture has the great one and a tremendous coaching staff, but Lipscomb has Elrod, Rogers, Wilkerson, Hillan, Ross, Ellrod 2, and the list goes on and on. This game will not have nearly the luster as last year. Take nothing away from the Cougars but they just don't have the size nor the speed to hang with this bunch of Mustangs. The Cougars are in a rebuilding stage and will be back. In fact they will dominate the new AA region and state next year when they can finally get away from Lipscomb. In fact this game will remind the fans of the playoff game two years ago. Lipscomb in a romp. 35-7. Trust me here. I did not get the name knowitall for no reason.

P.S. 2 A guru.....I was at the game and the crowd was at least 10,000

After the initial reports from both camps the early line is:

Favorite      Line        Underdog

D.Lipscomb    2      Goodpasture

Home Team in Bold.

Over/Under: 275 total yards from Rogers and Turner combined - Under

825339817[/snapback]

I think DL will win, but I doubt they cover the spread.

P.S. 2 A guru.....I was at the game and the crowd was at least 10,000

I would highly doubt 10,000. I played in the game, and the whole fence was filled a couple deep all around the track. It was an awesome crowd and an unbelievable atmosphere for high school sports. It brought chills to me running out and seeing a crowd like that.

Heres to a good game with no injuries......and by the way

WHAT DO WE EAT, WHAT DO WE EAT??

P.S. Hsfball, that is just an early line, and is subject to change and most likely will.

825339826[/snapback]

Wooo Wooo now Westtn one. If I recall right the big Ram Train and the Alcoa Tornadoes have been there a couple of times and seemed to have handled West TN ok. I am not taking anything away from the West because Huntingdon was a heck of a team last year but that was 2003 and this is 2004, but don't sell those two teams from Nashville short. The winner of that game usually winds up in the semi-finals and often the championship. Coach Mccaddams, and Coach Martin are two of the best in the state and having their teams ready to play. I got a tape from a buddy of mine in Chattanooga who saw the game and it was the probably the greatest high school game that will ever be played. I bet this years game will be a nail biter and will come down to who ever has the last possesion. I dont know much Lipscomb has back from last years team but Elrod and Rogers are plenty enough. Last year at the Tyner game P. Turner put on the greatest display of recieving ever seen in this part of the state. Look for a close one. With maybe the advantage to the home team.

Where did highschoolfootballknowitall get his knowledge. He does not know much about this great rivalry. It is much like some of the great ones over here with Alcoa, Sweetwater, Oliver Springs, Tyner, Marion County, and etc....

Well it is about 9:12 in the beautiful Smokies...time for me to retire.....