Goodpasture vs. Lipscomb

DLballer11

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant only as a compliment, sir.  Good luck on your trip to Madison tonight.  May your trip home be just as safe, but a little less jolly and a bit more sorrowful for having visited Mr. Turner & Co.

825345435[/snapback]

That is truly refreshing, thank you. I hope everyone has a safe game. I'm hoping the Stangs to win in a similar fasion to last year: Great game by both teams, somebody has to win. Might could tone down the suspense just a tad from last year's nail-biter, though, I do enjoy breathing during the last two minutes of a game.

Regardless of the rumors that have been running wild on the Lipscomb campus today, the Stangaroos still do eat Cougar Meat.

825345520[/snapback]

A friendly feast it may be, but a feast none the less. Mustangs have, do, and always will eat cougar meat. Tonight will be no different: we'll take it well done if we have to, preferably not medium, and everybody knows the way we always like it: Raw! I wish there was some way to let everyone at home tonight watching the game on tv know about the tradition of cougar meat eating, I guess we'll have to do it the old fashion way: Scream till you lose your voice Mustang fans! I have faith in the entire Lipscomb student body, ya'll can beat GP on the filed, in the stands, and our band can beat theirs too. Life's not all about winning, but why not do it if you can?

What kind of operation are they running over at Lipscomb. I heard there was no Chico today. That's pretty weak, then again, its what you have to expect the way things are going over there. At least it makes sense to stop something you have been doing for who knows how long in order to tone things down. It was fine every other year, but now it is inappropriate. I heard the administration is hiring plain clothes officers at the game to arrest anyone attempting the cougar meat chant.

The Stangs got their Cougar meat tonight with a 21-16 win. The Mustang defense fought hard all night. They contained Turner, and he was a factor but not a helpful one. With the score 21-10, Goodpasture scored a TD but was called back because Turner took his time lining up. Other big stats, Rogers with a TD and an interception(he is a true high school player who never comes off the field). Hillin with a nice grab for a TD as well. Then , Elrod broke the Cougars back with a long td run in the fourth. Great game by both teams , but the Stangs had a few more playmakers.

Lipscomb's defense came ready to play tonight. The defense really other than the first GP drive did not give up any big plays all night. The pretty much shut down the run. Alford never was got unleashed. The GP jet sweep was kept in check. I was impressed with Porter for GP. He made some nice throws & was pretty accurate most of the night. Lipscomb did a great job of pressuring him causing him to flush out of the pocket. Turner was pretty well kept in check. Dont know his stats but we did a good job of not letting him burn the secondary. Cripps is a nice receiver. Elrod's TD in the 4th quarter proved to be the winning score for the Mustangs. Lipscomb came out after halftime & held GP to a 3 & out & then Moreland shanked a punt to help set up Austin Rogers 29 yard TD run to put the Mustangs up 14-10. Lipscomb O-Line keeps improving each week. If these guys keep working hard great things are ahead for the Mustangs. The defense has made strides of improvement. Coach Mac was very impressed & very happy with what he saw tonight. I could go on for awhile But its lights out for ole twitty. Great crowd. I heard that the administration did not let Chico do his thang. I say booooo. Lighten up Mustang Administration. They are not going to heck for having a little fun on GP day.

Okay i have come to realize that a great deal of you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Dont tell everyone where someone is going if you dont know... because you DONT.. i know Pat and not even he knows.. he has favorites but he hasnt told anyone where he is going... and the only reason some of you say that goodpasture has the most over rated teams in the state is because it takes 3 people to stop them. If you dont know exactly what your talking about.. tell us...or DONT say anything.

Okay i have come to realize that a great deal of you do not have a clue what you are talking about.  Dont tell everyone where someone is going if you dont know... because you DONT.. i know Pat and not even he knows.. he has favorites but he hasnt told anyone where he is going... and the only reason some of you say that goodpasture has the most over rated teams in the state is because it takes 3 people to stop them.  If you dont know exactly what your talking about.. tell us...or DONT say anything.

825346833[/snapback]

over rated players***