Alcoa vs. Sweetwater

Tornadofan15

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is alot of tradition in this game. I recall in the late 70's the winner of the Alcoa - Sweetwater game typically won the district and advanced into the playoffs. As someone who has followed Alcoa football for close to 30 years I always look forward to this game. I'm glad it is at Goddard Field after 3 weeks on the road.

Alcoa has shown that they are a good football team but needs to improve on the penalties. I'm sure Coach Reid and his staff will see that improvement is made. I think Alcoa will need to get the running game going and put together some long drives to keep the ball away from Latham and the Sweetwater offense. I know football isn't a one player game but Latham is obviously key to Sweetwater.

Sweetwater won a close one against South Pittsburg but lost to Rockwood on the road. After a big win against Tellico I would expect Sweetwater will come to Alcoa with something to prove. A win at Alcoa could put them back in the mix for the Region crown.

Should be a good region game. I will give the nod to Alcoa because of confidence and pride at home. Don’t think SW will lay down but Alcoa should win if they can get some discipline back in the ranks. Penalties and turnovers will kill drives and allow other teams to score. I agree Coach Reid will do some talking concerning this weakness. Alcoa by 10.

Another Region lose for Sweetwater will more than likly put them in the 3 or 4 spot in the Region. They need a win big if they still want a shot at having a home playoff game. But I don't think they are good enough to beat Alcoa, I do see them putting up a good game, but I think it gets away from them in 2nd half. Alcoa 38

Sweetwater 17

Alcoa will be hard for any 2A team to beat. The Big 3 of Brandon Warren,Dustin Lindsey and Joey Figler have played well. Kyrus Lankster has stepped up at receiver and kick returner. Ray Sykes and Mark Avery have stepped up on defense. Logan Love is a very good player. What makes Alcoa better this year is their line play. They are better up front than they have been in a long time. They may be better up front this year than they were in 2000.