Boyd Buchanan, TimesFreePress

bbuc24

An article placed in the paper about Boyd Buchanan and their region opponents did nothing but add fuel to the fire. An entire article was placed in the Times Free Press about how Boyd's departure is one that should happen because they are beating everyone so bad. It quotes the coaches from the region and all but Grider whine and basically accuse Boyd of recruiting. It makes me sick to hear that junk! Whats worse is that the Times couldnt find anything better to write about. I am glad Boyd is moving up maybe their new region opponents wont be such cry babies. Props to Coach Grider and the program at South Pitt for being good sports. As for all those coaches who wont shake hands with coach Akins and acuse Boyd of recruiting, you will never be succesful with attitudes like that and with excuses like that. Let me know what you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An article placed in the paper about Boyd Buchanan and their region opponents did nothing but add fuel to the fire.  An entire article was placed in the Times Free Press about how Boyd's departure is one that should happen because they are beating everyone so bad.  It quotes the coaches from the region and all but Grider whine and basically accuse Boyd of recruiting.  It makes me sick to hear that junk! Whats worse is that the Times couldnt find anything better to write about.  I am glad Boyd is moving up maybe their new region opponents wont be such cry babies.  Props to Coach Grider and the program at South Pitt for being good sports.  As for all those coaches who wont shake hands with coach Akins and acuse Boyd of recruiting, you will never be succesful with attitudes like that and with excuses like that.  Let me know what you think?

825365176[/snapback]

Where did WIlliam Nelson come from? Tell me he wasn't recruited or given aid...

Well being poor sports is unacceptable in high school football..Yeah Boyd has dominated the past 3 years but I remember when boyd used to get slammed in their region..These guys are not recruiting ..And coach Akins has more class than anyone I have ever met..He has great kids who beleive in his program...Things are just going their way over in the swamp..Just take your loss and try to improve..Getting mad and not shaking hands with the winning coach is being a bad role model for your team..If I were a principal at one of these schools I would fire a head coach for not having class and being a poor sport....

GOOO! BUCS!

William Nelson was going to Boyd long before anyone knew he would be a superstar football player. He had been there since elementary.

Another thing I would like to add...when Boyd was getting beat all those years they were getting players from all over Chattanooga just like they are now. The demographics of Boyd have not changed...but they have gotten a great coach and more guys coming out for the team. That is what has made difference.

When Boyd was getting trounced no one cared about them...it shows that it is just jealousy...and ignorant comments from other coaches is enough to show you why those teams are not any good.

Edited by sportsguy1

William Nelson was going to Boyd long before anyone knew he would be a superstar football player.  He had been there since elementary.

Another thing I would like to add...when Boyd was getting beat all those years they were getting players from all over Chattanooga just like they are now.  The demographics of Boyd have not changed...but they have gotten a great coach and more guys coming out for the team.  That is what has made difference. 

When Boyd was getting trounced no one cared about them...it shows that it is just jealousy...and ignorant comments from other coaches is enough to show you why those teams are not any good.

825365235[/snapback]

i agree...Grider is a great coach..maybe that is y South Pitt is a very well known 1A football program. they dont care who they are playing, they go to play and win..it stinks that boyd is leaving the region just for the fact that i enjoyed the south pitt rivalry. looks like they are going to take over that region once boyd is out...

i dont know if boyd recruits or what but if you dont have enough class to shake the opponents hands after the game then you r not only setting a bad role for the kids right now, but the kids of the future. i dont know if boyd recruits or what but take nothing away from the accomplishments of boyd they are a great team and deserve alot of credit my opinion is they win state this year but you never know only CPA can stop them and that should be their only problem. outside of region play this week they play goodpasture and i think goodpasture will defeat them but take nothing away from boyd. and as for the other coaches maybe you should just coach better in those games you can beat any team on any given night and sure boyd may be the better team in their region but you should never lay down even if you know you are goning to get trounced. GOOD POST BBUC24

I thought it was a good article. If anything, it showed how big of a poor loser whiner Wes Green is, and how very little Coach Akins is bothered by the accusations from the coaches of the teams Boyd has been whipping. He commented on how good it would be to keep the Boyd/S. Pitt. rivalry going. Credit to Coach Grider too -- He doesn't whine, and it seems like he loves the competition as well.

I think when S. Pitt. is "back", they will be as good as most any 2A school, and will be a good match-up for Boyd. Maybe S. Pitt. will think about moving up to 2A with us sometime in the future.

Coach Akins did indicate that playing the other regional teams, however, wouldn't be good for Boyd in the future, since they cannot provide any competition to make Boyd a stronger team. Boyd plays up to the level of better teams, which is the opposite of Green who wishes everyone would just play down to his level.

I would like to ask, How did Boyd get to be so good? I remember this is a team that in the early 90's we beat every year. I played at Vonore and we were terrible. We could always look to Boyd to get or first, and usually only, win of the year. I am ashamed to say the during 1990-1993 we only won 8 games total. However, 4 of those wins came against Boyd. I know what has become of Vonore, (we are now Sequoyah (unfortunately), but how did Boyd become so good in such a few years. Nonetheless, congratulations to them.

Hopefully, if all goes well Vonore will get a school of their own and the series can be renewed. Although, it probably won't be like it used to be.