1A Playoffs

timbdp

CPA will win their last 1A title and move up and dominate there too

825377786[/snapback]

I don't seem them dominating like they do in 1A there will be better competition, I don't see CPA beating a Smith Co. this year and they will be 2A next year as well. So i wouldn't say they will dominate but they will always be good as they have a good core of recruiters there. Anyone who says any different knows absolutely nothing about high school athletics in the state of Tn. thumb

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to public school for most of my life. I can recall atleast 5 people being flat out recruited from different schools by coaches, boosters, etc; even to the point of parents being offered jobs, discount housing, etc. While at public school I witnessed (and was apart of) several TSSAA rules violations. While, there was no tolerance for any of that at the private school I graduated from. The majority of students in private schools have been going there most of their lives. Your argument is ignorant, and its roots lie in jealousy. Success breeds success.

Edited by KublahKD

largec,

There is no justification in saying that DCA couldn't beat Boyd this year b/c Boyd killed Goodpasture and Goodpasture would beat DCA. I am now dumber from having read that. If you think Boyd is better, that's fine, but don't base an argument on an opponent that doesn't even play DCA.

825376242[/snapback]

you 1a people think u are so smart Dca has and will not play a single decent team besides Cpa, Boyd actually schedules hard games. I guess u are the dumb one who just can't understand that and get that through ur head

Boyd fans seem to be underestimating the #1-Ranked team in the state, DCA.

DCA couldn't beat Goodpasture????  Please.  Goodpasture is very down this year and DCA could beat them just like CPA and Boyd.

Boyd is the third best out of the big three: DCA, CPA, and Boyd. I've seen all three play and thats my assessment. 

DCA over Boyd in the Blue Cross Bowl.

825377018[/snapback]

I laugh at that DCA could not even to dream about handling Pat T. I hate Goodpasture but I'm sorry U will not survive past the 3rd round. Boyd over CPA easily

I don't seem them  dominating like they do in 1A there will be better competition, I don't see CPA beating a Smith Co. this year and they will be 2A next year as well.  So i wouldn't say they will dominate but they will always be good as they have a good core of recruiters there.  Anyone who says any different knows absolutely nothing about high school athletics in the state of Tn.  thumb

825378314[/snapback]

devilfanatic, before you decide how cpa could fair against smith co. next year in 2a you might want to talk to coach Rankin at a little 5a school down the road called Riverdale earlier this year.The same Riverdale that has only given up a total of 22 pts. against the six 5A teams they played the last 6 weeks. The same team cpa led 14-13 and scored 28 pts. on. Of course, you probably would not have a point of reference since smith co. has probably never played a 5a state champion or would even consider doing so. And like most public school fans you can't understand how the quality programs that happen to be private schools could have the unbelievable ability to turn kindergarden 5 year olds into 12th grade State Champions. That same strugle exist in an office on Lebanon Road . I hope you get the chance to judge the CPA program for yourself when they move to 2a instead of making blanket statement about private schools with the recruiting excuse. When your facts have no basis outside of what you heard in smith county. Hard work, great coaching and doing things the right way goes a long way towards success in football and even more in everyday life. CPA may or may not dominate in 2a but within the next four years if you take the time find out the truth you might not be as quick to assume that everyone who succeeds cheats. :angry:

devilfanatic, before you decide how cpa could fair against smith co. next year in 2a you might want to talk to coach Rankin at a little 5a school down the road called Riverdale earlier this year.The same Riverdale that has only given up a total of 22 pts. against  the six 5A teams they played the last 6 weeks. The same team cpa led 14-13 and scored 28 pts. on. Of course, you probably would not have a point of reference since smith co. has probably never played a 5a state champion or would even consider doing so. And like most public school fans you can't understand how the quality programs that happen to be private schools could have the unbelievable ability to turn kindergarden 5 year olds into 12th  grade State Champions. That same strugle exist in an office on Lebanon Road . I hope you get the chance to judge the CPA program for yourself when they move to 2a instead of making blanket statement about private schools with the recruiting excuse. When your facts have no basis outside of what you heard in smith county.  Hard work, great coaching and doing things the right way goes a long way towards success in football and even more in everyday life. CPA may or may not dominate in 2a but within the next four years if you take the time find out the truth you might not be as quick to assume that everyone who succeeds cheats. :angry:

825378662[/snapback]

But it never hurts to have a nice recruiting budget and boosters willing to pay tuitions.

Large, you are a moron. DCA is in a region where there are 8 teams which means each team MUST be played. Boyd's region is not that big so they can schedule more outside games. Your comments show your ignorance and stupidity- but everyone could tell that anyway.....no need for me to point it out. DCA takes it all this year but not easily----Not a ridiculous biased view but a legitimate opinion. Large go back to study hall....the bell rang.

But it never hurts to have a nice recruiting budget and boosters willing to pay tuitions.

825378683[/snapback]

Hee Hee. That's pretty funny.

By the way, I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of our Fund Raising Cookout at Boyd Buchanan this Saturday. It is $20 per person. This money will go to aid in our "recruiting budget." Our boosters will also be walking the streets of Chattanooga and a residence near you asking for donations so they are able to "pay tuitions"

MP fan: get real dude. I think people are starting to respect your program a little bit and obsurd comments will only show that you are like all the other public schools (i.e. Collinwood=gripers) in your region.

let us not forget that rankings don't really mean anything bc Boyd dropped from 2nd to 6th and that was after a game that Boyd won.  Boyd beat East Ridge, a good 4a team, 32-28 and then dropped 4 spots.

825377735[/snapback]

I don't think Boyd could score 28 points against Riverdale even in their dreams. The question is, did Riverdale take it easy on CPA or did they earn those touchdowns? If they earned them they will be the next state champions.

I don't think Boyd could score 28 points against Riverdale even in their dreams. The question is, did Riverdale take it easy on CPA or did they earn those touchdowns? If they earned them they will be the next state champions.

825378978[/snapback]

Riverdale did not give those touchdowns away... not when they were losing 14-13... I can guarantee you that.

825378683[/snapback]

You are more than a little uninformed about "recruiting budgets" and such. Those exist... in DII.

By the way...

CPA's quarterback -- at CPA since kindergarten

running back -- since 6th grade

#1 receiver -- since 6th grade

safeties -- one at CPA since kindergarten, one came in 11th grade

corners -- one since kindergaten, one since 7th grade

at least 3 seniors on the line have been at CPA since kindergarten.

That is darn good recruiting to identify football potential in the way a kid holds his crayons in preschool.

I like Boyd's chances this year. They have been there the past two years, and should get back with no problems. They also always seem to step it up with the level of the team that they are playing. So if they make it once again, which should not be a problem watch out cause you can talk about wooden all you want, matt peardon is one heck of a running back. No one has stoped him this year or last year, and i will put my money on the defending state champs. You public schools it stinks for you, but you got no chance. Go Bucs!