Best Student Section

Cougars2State

I will admit i think Siegel impressed me last year started small and got bigger. pretty loyal kids on the road, but i think they need to watch cookeville for some old time straight up rowdyness, unless they start handing out suspensions again, that was pretty messed up last year (probably the rowdyest and slightly taunting students and the admistraters were trying to get the sportsmanship award so they suspended people, crazyness in cookeville)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
I will admit i think Siegel impressed me last year started small and got bigger. pretty loyal kids on the road, but i think they need to watch cookeville for some old time straight up rowdyness, unless they start handing out suspensions again, that was pretty messed up last year (probably the rowdyest and slightly taunting students and the admistraters were trying to get the sportsmanship award so they suspended people, crazyness in cookeville)

825392958[/snapback]

you can find ways to be rowdy and supportive and not be suspended

Not in Cookeville, they suspended people upon suspicion. couldn't dress up or have any signs regardless of what they were. tried to stop the annual first home point blizzard. when some stiffs (some of which arent even cookeville alumnis) try to end tradition you have taken authority to far. high school basketball is for the enjoyment of the student body.

Gosh, have you ever been to an ooltewah game??? Yeah we have some CRAZY students. We have what is called the "Old school balla's", which are the crazy guys that dress up in our jerseys from about 10 years ago. Even our parents sometimes sit in the student section. Our parents are really into the game and sometimes when we play a HUGE rival like central, our parents get a little crazy as well. Come to Ooltewah for a game one night and see how many students love to come support our team. I'm on the girls basketball team for ooltewah and i will admit, during our games in the past, our stands didn't start to fill up for the game til the 2nd half of our game, because the students were coming for the guys.( they guys were really good last yaer) I hope ppl will start coming for the begining of our game this year. But yeah ooltewah has a WILD student section!

Cougars, I think you're the only one who's read my post!

825393076[/snapback]

I read it and I agree, but just for the record...

I think the best student section is at Greenbrier High School in Greenbrier. Greenbrier's students(that go to Greenbrier like me) and come to the Greenbrier basketball games to watch Greenbrier and cheer for Greenbrier if Greenbrier is winning or if Greenbrier is losing. The Greenbrier fans from Greenbrier get really rowdy when Greenbrier is playing and if you have ever been to a Greenbrier basketball game in Greenbrier, the you know how Greenbrier's gym is set up. It is really hard for the fans to get into the games at Greenbrier but the Greenbrier fans really pump Greenbrier up when it gets crunchtime for the Greenbrier basketball team by standing on the rails of the Greenbrier gym stands at Greenbrier High School in Greenbrier. :D:D

By the way, I also agree that we don't need more than one of these best student section topics per year.

Edited by catsbball1

Hands down, it's the 'Bomb Squad' from David Lipscomb, especially on the road! In your face and on your back the whole game. And they can get personal. But if they win, well, nothing but (ladies and) gentlemen and scholars...kind of.

players should not even pay attention to the crowd, but if you do, DL could get to you. ladies and gentlemen though? hmm... not so sure bout that one (even though i think you WERE being sarcastic Cougars lol)

players should not even pay attention to the crowd, but if you do, DL could get to you. ladies and gentlemen though? hmm... not so sure bout that one (even though i think you WERE being sarcastic Cougars lol)

825394273[/snapback]

How can you not pay attention to them? They do background checks, call your name and talk bad about your upbringing (j/k about that last part :P ).

Sarcastic? You, 3sports, are VERY observant! Psychology major, no doubt.