Best Student Section

Cougars2State

Yeah ive played at McCallie, it was rough. All the students were dressed up as golfers and swing golf clubs around and throwing stuff like woe. And why is it, that all the Christian and Chatholic schools are the hardest to play at...you'd think they would be nice and friendly, but they are the worst, they will cuss you and who knows what else. I just find that odd

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ive played at McCallie, it was rough. All the students were dressed up as golfers and swing golf clubs around and throwing stuff like woe. And why is it, that all the Christian and Chatholic schools are the hardest to play at...you'd think they would be nice and friendly, but they are the worst, they will cuss you and who knows what else. I just find that odd

825394430[/snapback]

The answer: Not everybody in a Christian/Catholic school is a Christian/Catholic. :lol:

I guess if you are mentally tough you wouldnt pay attention to them.. i dont know...

nah not a psychology major thanks very much

825394829[/snapback]

Oh, yeah...(just kidding!)

The crowd is half the fun in playing. The bigger the better. The more the merrier. Reggie Miller, an NBA All Star with the Indiana Pacers, is mentally tough, yet he made the "choke"-sign to Spike Lee a few years ago when he hit a big 3 right in front of the diehard Knicks fan. So he must've been paying attention to at least part of the crowd. Truthfully, the best players may 'zone out' on particular plays, but certainly not the whole game. That would be robotic. I'd say being mentally tough is performing well while acknowledging the crowd on your terms (e.g., choke sign, blowing kisses, winking :lol: , etc.).

So you don't hear 'em? And quit being sarcastic! This is a serious thread. thumb

SIEGEL's (Harris' Hooligans) are the best student section at least in the midstate, even the majority of their away games felt like home games for the players, and this year will be even bigger because we have more students, and a vastly improved team that will be hovering around 1st place in the district, possibly winning it this year!!!!!!!!

i understand cookeville's situation, siegel administration used to not care what we said, but we started getting complaints from parents, and the opposing coaches about profanities and that sort of thing, so we are still very crazy and loud, but do not curse at individual players and coaches, i feel bad for cookeville though, it has always been known as the touhgest place to play, its too bad your priciples screwed it up

I know back in the days of Jim Whitby "The Pit" in Troy was considered one of the toughest places to play in all of Tennessee....Students were crazy... Adults were crazy...Unbelievable atmosphere...Just ask all those Memphis teams that came in there to play and were sent back South with their tails tucked between their legs!!!!!

Back when Union City was winning 3 State Titles back in the 90's,the student section was pretty fun to watch.Who can forget the "Who's got it goin on??..UC's got it goin on!!!" cheers....And those battles with McNairy Co. in the region finals were always crazy...They had a great student section also....

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

Gosh, have you ever been to an ooltewah game??? Yeah we have some CRAZY students. We have what is called the "Old school balla's", which are the crazy guys that dress up in our jerseys from about 10 years ago. Even our parents sometimes sit in the student section. Our parents are really into the game and sometimes when we play a HUGE rival like central, our parents get a little crazy as well. Come to Ooltewah for a game one night and see how many students love to come support our team. I'm on the girls basketball team for ooltewah and i will admit, during our games in the past, our stands didn't start to fill up for the game til the 2nd half of our game, because the students were coming for the guys.( they guys were really good last yaer) I hope ppl will start coming for the begining of our game this year. But yeah ooltewah has a WILD student section!

825393521[/snapback]

Yep, Ooltewah fills its new gym up plenty full and a lot of people come out to support the Owls basketball team. Even looking to be an Old Skool Balla this year.... :rolleyes: