Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

Hey skunk, I agree with you. I tihnk that's what separates DB, Riverdale, and OR in 5A from everyone else. They never take anything for granted. They always show up ready to cram it down their oppositions throat no matter if it's the New England Patriots or the Bradley Central Bears. They come out and take care of business. Very disciplined!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch out soddy boys, dont tell them they are cocky, they will come back at you with all this tradition talk...they just dont like to have fun on here, oh well

825399628[/snapback]

Hey! At least our announcer won't fire up your team by telling them to get off the field. :angry: I think you will see a very focused team this Friday. I'm looking forward to some rockem sockem football.

i could careless about tradition. that was then, this is now. i don't care what their teams in the past did. this is the game that matters now!

825399658[/snapback]

You may not care abut tradition, but many schools, including OR do. You are right this is the game that matters Friday and OR stays focused on the one game at a time-part of the tradition. Welcome to the 'Ship Soddy Daisy we invite the fans to join the tailgate party pregame at the top of the hill and for $5 you can have a meal. Then there is always Big Ed's. There is nothing better than two great schools meeting on a Friday night for High School football, especially one that has the playoff implications this one does thumb

i could careless about tradition. that was then, this is now. i don't care what their teams in the past did. this is the game that matters now!

825399658[/snapback]

if you are not a part of a program that has a tradition then you would never understand "tradition". the oak ridge tradition is long and rich with history. many, many men have walked those same steps the team walks today and many of those teams have brought championships home to the ridge. these men and this "tradition" have helped to give oak ridge football the praise and recognition and respect we so enjoy today. the players and the fans will NEVER turn their backs on this "tradition" and adopt your "that was then, this is now" attitude.

the boys today grew up hearing about the "legends" adn watching the players walk down the steps, slapping their shoulders as they made their way down, dreaming of being one of those wildcats one day walking those steps. alot of them have fathers who played and some grandfathers. they take great pride in being a wildcat and being a part of the "tradition" they grew up with. and who knows, there may be times when the going is tough that they reach way down deep inside of themselves to find they have something so alive burning deep within their soul that it will carry them through. and what they might be finding my hot and saucy little friend is the desire to succeed and to live up to the "tradition" that their fathers, brothers and grandfathers have passed on to them.

you are right that this is the game that matters. and you shouldn't speak so quickly about being cocky. there are people on here making predictions. but the wildcats are not being cocky. all of their energy and concentration is on the game. and, one last friendly word of advice, you might want to be careful with YOUR cockiness. you might just give a pack of wildcats something to feed on!

wow...im sure you got a big smile on your face when you finished that one. what a masterpiece, he thought... the complete absurdity of the post is a masterpiece in itself... "There is no way Soddy Daisy will come up here and have any chance of beating Oak Ridge friday night." whatever was said after that is lost, because of such a ridiculous statement(except for your conclusion)...the only truth to the post came there-"wait and see" heed your own advice my friend, b/c if you think this game is over before it has even started, you've very possibly set yourself up for an unpleasant friday night...Good luck to the Soddy Daisy Tackle Football Trojans...i will most definitely be in attendance for this one

wow...im sure you got a big smile on your face when you finished that one.  what a masterpiece, he thought... the complete absurdity of the post is a masterpiece in itself... "There is no way Soddy Daisy will come up here and have any chance of beating Oak Ridge friday night."  whatever was said after that is lost, because of such a ridiculous statement(except for your conclusion)...the only truth to the post came there-"wait and see"  heed your own advice my friend, b/c if you think this game is over before it has even started, you've very possibly set yourself up for an unpleasant friday night...Good luck to the Soddy Daisy Tackle Football Trojans...i will most definitely be in attendance for this one

825400584[/snapback]

You're right Krenzel....plus, nobody is crying in the other threads...this guy has lost it!

I deleated my post i made it late after a long hard day. I was grumpy and probably didnt mean most of what I said. Lost it? nope not yet. . Oak Ridge will roll Friday night or I will cancel my membership to coacht and never post again. I will say a team doesnt make it into the top ten by being a slouch so Soddy is probably a decent team but so were the owls. And why are you still here grad we beat ya'll last week I think this is the Soddy, OR thread. I'll bet your a stalker in real life. lol just kidding but you crack me up.