Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

Great game to those wildcats! ya'll are a solid football team. we were plagued with turnovers early and that was our downfall yet again. also our special teams let us down again. we had some momentum but that gulmire is awesome!! i don't understand why we kicked it to him?!? oh well ya'll played a good game and beat us on the field. congrats and hopefully we can see each other again!

BTW, just want some wildcat opinions on the refs.....what was the deal at the beginning of the 2nd quarter? that was an obvious miscommunication.

825407392[/snapback]

Classy post! Best of luck to you! Great fans and football team. And, yes, Spencer is the man.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh we will. it's the first time in a long time. as for the refs, when we got out on the field for the 2nd half and we started lining up i noticed the refs had left the ball were it was (OR's 40) before the quarter had ended and then just set the chains there and b/c it was a change in quarter they should have put the ball on the opposite 40 and reset the chains. instead of first and 10 on OR's 40 we were 1st and 10 on our own 40. a difference of 20 yards. B) i also thought there were a few questionable placements of the ball but like you said that stuff is gonna happen and even though it did, it didn't change the outcome cuz that was the 1st and 2nd quarter so there was a lot of football to play.

We lost to ooltewah kinda the same way we lost to ya'll; turnovers and our special teams gave up big plays. they had a blocked field goal returned for a TD on us too. :D

Edited by HotSauce11

A few observations about the game:

I think the Oak Ridge faithful got all they wanted and then a little more. Oak Ridge has a great football team and #1 is one heck of a runner. As one football coach said, " if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas". Well that was true for the Big Blue last night, if you take away the two interceptions inside Oak Ridge's 40 and the 2 botched punt attempts I think you are looking at a different outcome and the Oak Ridge fans that really know football will agree I believe. I'm not crying or trying to say Oak Ridge is lucky because like I said they played one heck of a game and have one heck of a team. A rematch in round three would be very interesting and exciting.

One question for the ref's though, when did we go to a 27 second play clock. On the third down at the end of the game the ref wound the clock with 1:14 seconds left to play. When Oak Ridge called time our there were 47 seconds on the clock. Should have been a 25 second clock violation. Oh well, it's all in the past and the Big Blue has to look to the playoffs. Best of Luck to Oak Ridge......

P.S. What about the secondary of Kingsport, if there were to be a round 2 matchup do they have the corners to cover our two recievers?

seriously, who thats watching the game is actually paying attention to when the ref blows the whistle to start the clock and when they call timeout, maybe if they had a play clock somewhere i'd look at that but i wouldn't count it myself during the whole game.....but this sounds like it was another great game for our region, no doubt the best region in the state, hopefully we'll make some noise in the playoffs

If anyone was looking closely at the end of the first quarter, the ball was on the 45 yard line and not the 40 as has been posted. The ball was moved to the opposite 45 yard line and the chains did not have to be reset as it was first down from the 45 yard line. The SD coaching staff thought that a mistake had been made and therefore the reason for the time out and a discussion. The coaching staff later admitted that they were wrong and that the officials were correct in spotting the ball on the 45 yard line. This is what happens when you pay attention to what is going on. Surprise

Candy and nuts lol...That whole post and evey one like it is a great example of talking out of both sides of your mouth. There are a lot of those comments made. He said she said If they had done this and we hadnt done that. Your not foolin anyone by saying Oak Ridge won the game had a great team blah blah and then take a breath and start talking about how you were robbed and could have won. whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa its crazy. Like I said thats just talking out of both side of your mouth.

Soddy brought what they had and it was impressive. They were the best team we have faced since DB back in week three. Classy bunch of kids who came to play.

I do not have ANYTHING bad to say about that team.

In three weeks Oak Ridge has ended two teams un-defeated seasons. Managed to end their season with the best overall regular season record 9-1 and an un-defeated season in region 2-5A. Lots of candy and nuts

Oak Ridge players and coaches dont talk the talk ( They dont have time) so I do ( I havent been too far off with my comments either) but I can cause they walk the walk.

ROLL CATS ROLL

That game reminded me of a couple of years ago at Soddy when the field was just mud and poo with no grass. I think OR took advantage of playin in the mud by running running and running. The mud and poo always messes with the passing teams. Spencer is the best football player pound for pound in TN.

So who does Soddy play now?

If anyone was looking closely at the end of the first quarter, the ball was on the 45 yard line and not the 40 as has been posted.  The ball was moved to the opposite 45 yard line and the chains did not have to be reset as it was first down from the 45 yard line.  The SD coaching staff thought that a mistake had been made and therefore the reason for the time out and a discussion.  The coaching staff later admitted that they were wrong and that the officials were correct in spotting the ball on the 45 yard line.  This is what happens when you pay attention to what is going on. Surprise

825407983[/snapback]

I meant to put 45, not 40. i was sitting on the 40 and the tight end caught a pass and rumbled down right in front of us. i was paying attention that's why i caught it. so when did the coaches admit they were wrong? were you on the field? after coach weathers and the refs quit talkin he still looked mighty angry about that. i guess i could be wrong though.

Edited by HotSauce11