Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

thank you rebelron. that was very well put. i think it is fair to say that maryville could compete, but not that they are flat out the best. dont get me wrong they are a very talented football team and always have been. and quarles is an extremely classy coach, one of the best. im glad to kno there are some people with some sense and that can come to an unbiased conclusion.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for each of those fans with class there is a person like me who gets on here and says riverdale blows a big one. they cannot and will not compete with Maryville, i dont care what anyone says. all you rebel fans that are respectful of other teams thats great, but for all those fans such as somedude, nooneparticular, mrebel17113, rebelnation, and myself that like to speak the truth of other teams keep the trash talk coming. so im my opinion, riverdale can talk all they want but when the time comes that they face Maryville in the future, they wont have much to talk about after Maryville gives them the beating of a lifetime, which happens to be what is on deck this friday for clinton.

dandy82

Please don't lump all Rebel fans with somedude. Me,pepvol,mhs,STARS,insider,mapperman,MLREB,FBEMeritus,Rebelsman and some of us older Rebel fans hate seeing fellow Rebel fans saying this kind of stuff. My coaches at Maryville Ted Wilson,Don Story,Lynn Brown and Mark Humphrey always told us to win with class and lose with class. George Quarles and his staff are the same way.Pepvol told me today he is disgusted with the way some of these Maryville fans are trashing other teams. He said that is why he hardly gets on coachT any more.

I know that Riverdale,Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,MBA,<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>,Melrose and several other schools could beat Maryville on any given day. I think Maryville can compete with any school in the state also.

825403743[/snapback]

REBELRON, I wasn't lumping you guys with this "fan". Every once in a while, a "fan" for every team will get on these boards and make it hard for the true fans that appreciate their program and are happy to go watch and support good football. You guys are the standard and I hope my team (White House) could make it to the finals and play Maryville. Win or lose, two good programs would get to play that normally don't see each other.

Sorry if it sounded I was lumping everyone with this "fan". Not my intention. I have respect for your program. Wish we were where you guys are. There is a huge difference believing your program could compete with other programs in other classifications than making a claim of superiority that can't be proven.

Edited by dandy82

well for each of those fans with class there is a person like me who gets on here and says riverdale blows a big one.  they cannot and will not compete with Maryville, i dont care what anyone says.  all you rebel fans that are respectful of other teams thats great, but for all those fans such as somedude, nooneparticular, mrebel17113, rebelnation, and myself that like to speak the truth of other teams keep the trash talk coming.  so im my opinion, riverdale can talk all they want but when the time comes that they face Maryville in the future, they wont have much to talk about after Maryville gives them the beating of a lifetime, which happens to be what is on deck this friday for clinton.

825403769[/snapback]

P.S. Maryville does seem to have a high number of unintelligent, obnoxious, uninformed "fans". All wanna be's. LOL :lol:

After Friday night's massacre, I don't see anybody giving Maryville a problem this year on their march to the 'boro.  In fact, after we win the 4A title, we might just hang around another week and whip the 5A champions.  Dobyns Bennett and Riverdale are no doubt good teams, but they would not hold a candle to this year's Maryville squad. 

4A State Championship

Maryville  56

Melrose    3

5A State Championship

Riverdale  24

Dobyns Bennett  21

The 16th week:  Overall State Champions    :justwrestle:

Maryville  49

Riverdale  0

825397768[/snapback]

Riverdale can't play Dobbins Bennet in the State Championship. The latest they'd play is the semifinals. By the way, what have you been smoking?

dandy82

Please don't lump all Rebel fans with somedude. Me,pepvol,mhs,STARS,insider,mapperman,MLREB,FBEMeritus,Rebelsman and some of us older Rebel fans hate seeing fellow Rebel fans saying this kind of stuff. My coaches at Maryville Ted Wilson,Don Story,Lynn Brown and Mark Humphrey always told us to win with class and lose with class. George Quarles and his staff are the same way.Pepvol told me today he is disgusted with the way some of these Maryville fans are trashing other teams. He said that is why he hardly gets on coachT any more.

I know that Riverdale,Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,MBA,<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>,Melrose and several other schools could beat Maryville on any given day. I think Maryville can compete with any school in the state also.

825403743[/snapback]

Don't sweat it REBELRON, we all have a few like this that show up from time to time. I don't think I have seen many work as hard at it as rebelraider. :justwrestle:

well for each of those fans with class there is a person like me who gets on here and says riverdale blows a big one.  they cannot and will not compete with Maryville, i dont care what anyone says.  all you rebel fans that are respectful of other teams thats great, but for all those fans such as somedude, nooneparticular, mrebel17113, rebelnation, and myself that like to speak the truth of other teams keep the trash talk coming.  so im my opinion, riverdale can talk all they want but when the time comes that they face Maryville in the future, they wont have much to talk about after Maryville gives them the beating of a lifetime, which happens to be what is on deck this friday for clinton.

825403769[/snapback]

One word of advice. If you want to stir things up, don't go so far over the top. LEarn a little subtlety. Poke and jab, don't just make broad statements that no one takes seriously.

I enjoy reading your posts, they make me laugh. Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

Guest Rebelnation

Raider is just trying to get you all riled...and look, it worked. Who's the loser now? A bunch of 30/40 somethings wasting post space talking about a 17 year old or two, or the 17 year old who wrote 3 or 4 lines and completely changed the subject matter of the thread for 2 pages (no offense to Ron or Riverdale)? You don't have to answer...

One thing I wanna point out that everyone is ignoring. Higher clasification does not IN ANY WAY mean higher skill or ability. There are several schools in TN that could give several 5A schools a run for their money.

Heck, if you wanna claim that 5A ball is the best, you also have to claim WILLIAM BLOUNT, HERITAGE AND SOUTH DOYLE, don't you? It's silly to believe 5A football is better simply because you have a higher classification. The classification being based SOLELY on the size of the student body....nothing at all to do with your team's ability.

Riverdale is the best until someone beats them. Maryville could probably beat Maryville College....but their not beating Riverdale. As for the rest of 5A, it's a crap shoot really. I'd put Maryville, MBA, Alcoa, AE and Fulton up against just about everyone else (no offense to you and DB bud).

Edited by Rebelnation

P.S. Maryville does seem to have a high number of unintelligent, obnoxious, uninformed "fans". All wanna be's. LOL :D

825403810[/snapback]

if you would like to give me an instance when i have been uninformed id be glad to hear it. as for obnoxious yes, ill take claim to that, and unintelligent???? im from the best school in the state i hardly doubt unintelligent would be the word to describe any Maryville kid

"One word of advice. If you want to stir things up, don't go so far over the top. LEarn a little subtlety. Poke and jab, don't just make broad statements that no one takes seriously.

I enjoy reading your posts, they make me laugh. Is that what you are trying to accomplish?"

going over the top is what gets all these old people something to talk about at work all day long