Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

That's about right DRDB... 850yd Rec 12 TD's and a Man amongst boys...usually.

But, Lamon will not play Friday night. I expect the Owls will pay a little more attention to #24 D. Purple Hayes, and they should. I got this break out feeling about #14 Marcus Rogers. He is coming back from a knee injury, and, if you look at him and not the number on his back... he looks a whole lot like #1. Maybe Coty Sensabaugh will be a go to guy. He did tie the all time state record (99 yds) on his first ever TD catch. How about David Earles, he is gettting better and better. Or, just dump that little screen to #48 Dee Peeler and that should do quiet well.

Jimmy leg time in Tennessee!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825411849[/snapback]

Id like to see #12 start getting some more balls thrown his way, he can be lethal with the football also

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how you havent heard of him but....Im not sure of the stats (there are db fans who are much better with that). He's a wide reciever who is arguably the best in the state. He was a sophmore All-American, but was injured most of last season. He's been able to out-jump, out-run, and out-muscle any defender that has guarded him the past three years. And he has one of the most killer stiff arms ive ever seen......

825411821[/snapback]

I feel pretty knowledgeable about players across the state, and I've not heard too much about him...just the name. IT's crazy how in high school, especially TN, players just don't get that much pub!

Some good news for me, I would love to see both Duran and Lamon playing for the gamecocks.

This is from www.tricitiessports.com

Lamon Williams and Duran Ferguson, the Indians’ quarterback, were both invited to Saturday’s UT at South Carolina game by the Gamecock staff which is now showing an interest in both.

Anyone know how their visits went?

If you would like to see a picture of the play in which Lamon was ejected for holding up the "#1" then go to www.tricitiessports.com which has a great shot of the play and judge for yourself. The picture was taken about 1 second before the flag was thrown. That was quite possibly the most ridiculous call I have ever seen in high school football (playing and non-playing days), and it is nothing but a "cop out" by the TSSAA to say that b/c it was a judgement call that it can't be reviewed. Who cares if it was judgement or not?...don't take away a kid's opportunity to play the game b/c he gets excited that he just scored a touchdown to seal the game. Honestly, I wonder what DB has done to the TSSAA to make them despise all that is Indian football. The boys in Nashville will be hearing from me via handwritten letter (which will probabaly be quickly discarded) about what "class" they have shown in their handling of this situation. Great job TSSAA...you should be ashamed of yourselves.

WOW where have you been the last 3 years? Let me put it this way, there is NO player who gives def coor. more sleepless nights than Lamon Williams. He is a terror to prepared for, and a terror to defend on the field. He can out run you, he can out jump you, he is too strong to press at the line of scrimmage, and if you do manage to get an effective press at the line DB will start putting him in motion. He draw so much attention that he can be effective without having ever caught a ball, just him being on the field leads to the other DB WR's getting catches and yards.They throw the ball to him on screens, bombs, if catches a slant in the open field his gone, btw they will run him on a reverse as well. How do I know all this? I`ve seen Lamon torch Jefferson Co since his freshman year(except this year :rolleyes:)  So have I scared you enough? Well there's more bad news, DB has another WR who is of the same mold as Lamon. The good news for teams that have to play is that Lamon is a senior, thank goodness we don`t have to play against him anymore :D

825411877[/snapback]

i have been in chattanooga... sorry JC4life if ur precious DB all stars are not talked about down here... we have a bunch of good players down here we like to talkabout also!!

If you would like to see a picture of the play in which Lamon was ejected for holding up the "#1" then go to www.tricitiessports.com which has a great shot of the play and judge for yourself.  The picture was taken about 1 second before the flag was thrown.  That was quite possibly the most ridiculous call I have ever seen in high school football (playing and non-playing days), and it is nothing but a "cop out" by the TSSAA to say that b/c it was a judgement call that it can't be reviewed.  Who cares if it was judgement or not?...don't take away a kid's opportunity to play the game b/c he gets excited that he just scored a touchdown to seal the game.  Honestly, I wonder what DB has done to the TSSAA to make them despise all that is Indian football.  The boys in Nashville will be hearing from me via handwritten letter (which will probabaly be quickly discarded) about what "class" they have shown in their handling of this situation.  Great job TSSAA...you should be ashamed of yourselves.

825412390[/snapback]

The funniest thing about the picture is that the official isn't even looking at Lamon!

If you would like to see a picture of the play in which Lamon was ejected for holding up the "#1" then go to www.tricitiessports.com which has a great shot of the play and judge for yourself.  The picture was taken about 1 second before the flag was thrown.  That was quite possibly the most ridiculous call I have ever seen in high school football (playing and non-playing days), and it is nothing but a "cop out" by the TSSAA to say that b/c it was a judgement call that it can't be reviewed.  Who cares if it was judgement or not?...don't take away a kid's opportunity to play the game b/c he gets excited that he just scored a touchdown to seal the game.  Honestly, I wonder what DB has done to the TSSAA to make them despise all that is Indian football.  The boys in Nashville will be hearing from me via handwritten letter (which will probabaly be quickly discarded) about what "class" they have shown in their handling of this situation.  Great job TSSAA...you should be ashamed of yourselves.

825412390[/snapback]

Boy, that should scare them!!!