Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be used to it bud, it seems to me like everytime you make a good point you have to repeat yourself over and over and over again because nobody seems to catch on.... But its all good we all respect you for fighting the good fight

Edited by DRDB

Boola Boola,

From H-Q....the E-Z Snooze Hotel, this is Famous Amos checking in. My informants have been working extra duty since the shocking results from last Friday Night. My Jr. Hoople-wantabees had gathered all kinds of scoop on the Admirals, but... not so fast my friends. harumph harumph. 5 turnovers (3 Int and 2 Fumbles) will get anybody beat when you are talking playoff caliber teams.

Note: Football Moms are always welcome at the post game party @ the E-Z Snooze Room 222. Kaf, Kaf!!

Boola Boola

Famous Amos

If morons like yourself learned not to post, nobody would hate you.

825410945[/snapback]

I beseech you to find any "moronic" statements made by me at any time on this website. You will find none, nor will you find anyone who hates me (except for yourself apparently).

My statement was made in all seriousness. The passing numbers have been awful the last several weeks.

vs. Soddy-Daisy 3-11, 1 interception

vs. Oak Ridge 1-11, 2 interceptions

vs. Farragut 3-13, 3 interceptions

Ooltewah has a strong defense, particularly at linebacker. The Owls have a solid rushing attack. What are they missing?

Maybe you "OwlsBaseball" can figure that out for me. I think they need a passing game. I suppose I may be wrong. Enlighten me.

I beseech you to find any "moronic" statements made by me at any time on this website.  You will find none, nor will you find anyone who hates me (except for yourself apparently).

My statement was made in all seriousness.  The passing numbers have been awful the last several weeks.

vs. Soddy-Daisy  3-11, 1 interception

vs. Oak Ridge      1-11, 2 interceptions

vs. Farragut        3-13, 3 interceptions

Ooltewah has a strong defense, particularly at linebacker.  The Owls have a solid rushing attack.  What are they missing?

Maybe you "OwlsBaseball" can figure that out for me.  I think they need a passing game.  I suppose I may be wrong.  Enlighten me.

825411385[/snapback]

First, I apologize. My statement was way out of line. In fact, I agree with what you are saying. Ooltewah's passing game has completely faltered in the past three weeks. The numbers prove it... you are correct. Second, I'm not one to criticize the players, who also happen to be people I go to school with. Ooltewah's passing game has been fine this year up until this point, however, I think to be successful this Friday the Owls need a new approach of the offensive side of the game.

Edited by OwlsBaseball

Thank you.

My original statement turned out to be somewhat sarcastic, but I felt it was a point worth making--Ooltewah has the potential to be a really good team, but is a dangerous passing game away.

You mention that it hasn't been much of a problem until the last several games, but I would argue that the competition has increased substantially. Early on in the season the passing game wasn't needed, and for whatever reason, I believe was neglected.

I have never mentioned any players' names, nor do I intend to. Any single player cannot be singled out as the sole reason for the problem. I do not go to Ooltewah, and I do not have any connection to their team whatsoever. This is merely any observation I have made from seeing one game and looking at the stats from others.

Good luck Friday.

Edited by theanswer7

It should be noted that the Dobyns-Bennett Defensive Secondary is very good against the pass. Having to practice against (one of if not the) Premier Class 5A Passing QB in the entire State, plus, trying to face up against (one of if not the) Premier Class 5A WR Corps in the entire State, has made them very tough to pass against.

Duran Duran Ferguson finished the Regular Season with 27 TD Passes, 1 short of the All Time Big East Record (Playoffs don't count for that Stat). He is about 50 yds short of the Single Season Yardage Record for DB (Playoffs count in that stat)

Note: He will be trying to break his own record.

I hope as many Indian fans as possible can get to their stadium seats by 6:30 for the past 3 games Player of the Game Awards. There will be some Special Former Indians who are presenting the Awards.

Note from the DB Highlights Show tonight on Channel 13.. Graham Clark said that he believed the name "Ooltewah" was an Indian word that translates to...." Land of many Bogeys". He said that there are alot of Golf Courses in and around Ooltewah.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!