Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

A running game and Lee having a great game are soooo key to this. Powell's O needs to exploit whatever we give. It's hard to cover underneath and over the top simultaneously. So, Powell needs to take whatever we're giving at the moment. That will mean Cody will have to check to whatever we're giving. That also means the coaching staff will have to give Cody a wide berth a let him call the game.

Man....that's a lot to ask of 3 guys. We'll see how it goes.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time someone writes something about Maryville all you stupid Maryville fans do is try to make fun of their typing errors.  Yes you really do recruit, and yes you do keep your enrollment down so you do not have to play 5a teams and get beat because you know you would.

absud means your momma stinks richards.

825423407[/snapback]

TELL ME ONE NAME THAT GQ OR ANY OF THE OTHER COACHES RECRUITED? Yea...thats what i thought...Maryville has an amazing feeder program and after going to the games all their lives red and black looks pretty good in a mirror.

Every time someone writes something about Maryville all you stupid Maryville fans do is try to make fun of their typing errors.  Yes you really do recruit, and yes you do keep your enrollment down so you do not have to play 5a teams and get beat because you know you would.

absud means your momma stinks richards.

825423407[/snapback]

It's always refreshing to see what an idiot thinks and how an idiot spells.

Don't agree TN HI can beat Powell, I don't think TN HI can beat any of the top 5 teams in region 3-4A.

Powell will play Maryville tough and I hope the mistakes are at a low.

Loyal Rebel Fan

For the most part you have your edge's of the game correct. I agree completely with the running back comparison just ask the powell secondary players about that. LOL. I do not agree at all with your comparison in that you said Powell's secondary was better than Maryville's. Maryville's secondary would wear Powell's out anyday.

3ball

I thought I told you last week to stop posting because you had 3 strikes buddy. If you want me to put it into golf terms for you I can you are like 10 strokes over par on coacht.

sportsfanatic

If you are more than just posting buddies on coacht with 3ball then you have a problem. That guy should not have any friends but the ones he can make on coacht.

Edited by fballmaster1

Dmoyers: I can probably ask some Maryville players who is more physical and they may say Powell. Just because somebody is more physical doesn't mean they are the better team. I am a Powell fan and you saying Powell is more physical sure didnt help the Panthers much 2 weeks ago when Central dominated the Powell team all game long. If you dont remember Central won 34-10. Central is better than Powell until Powell proves me wrong. 34-10 is handling somebody pretty well. I think this game will be about the same as the first meeting, but hope not. GO POWELL

Maryville by 3 Tds or more

I agree with FbFever on this one. Central did dominate Powell a few weeks back. Powell had a tough week as a team and all but Central did dominate them. I will have to say Powell is a very good ball club, but as of right now I think Central is a better team simply because the score 2 weeks ago. I hope the my boys come out and give you Rebs all you want this week. I hope to see a battle for 4 qtrs, but at the end I have to stick with the Top Dogs of 4A.

Maryville will win this game about half way through the 3rd quarter

fballmaster1-

i must have pushed your buttons pretty well. i might have struck out ealrier but hey its a new AB and i am a quick learner.

Don't worry about my golf game man, it is better than your football game and knowledge. good try though.

i shouldn't have any friends? you must not really know who i am then, gah there you go lying again. Hey church is on sunday and wednesday, they can help that.

go powell

I've not seen Powell play but I've heard they are huge up front on offense. I've seen Maryville and their defensive front seven is very athletic but not very big. Why wouldn't Powell run it right at Maryville between the tackles until they stopped it? Seems like the best way to beat Maryville is to keep the ball away from their offense. If I were Powell's coach, I would use that size up front and try to run the ball right at Maryville until they stop it.

Powell's o-line is huge but quicker defenses give them problems. Powell has had problems with speed all year. I must agree with fballfever the Central team wore Powell out up front and kept Cody running and Huffaker could not get an inch. The Powell line has impressed me at times this year but overall they have not impressed me with just wearin teams out week after week. It seems like during big games or against quicker d-lines the Powell oline has not put on great performances.