Memorable Games

THSVikings2004

i've seen some great games over the years (many of them trousdale county games) but the best by far has to be the macon county/smith county game a couple years ago. macon had the best team they have had in decades and smith was thier equal.

the hype and expectations that surrounded that game not only involved the teams but the whole countys! there wasn't a person in either place that didn't know about the game. macon has a history of futility on the football field the last 10-20 years but both teams were exceptionally talented and put on a display of defensive intensity that ended with a unbelievable 50+ yard field goal. you could hear the roar all over town................if you werent' there, i'm sorry :lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Pleasant vs CPA last year in the second round of the playoffs. CPA leading 14-0 in the fourth quarter only to see the physical domination of the Tigers up front handle the Lions with ease as RoRo Fennesse runs for the go ahead touchdown late in the fourth quarter (21-14). Then CPA moves with ease against the Tigers prevent D. Last 7 seconds of the game CPA throws a pass into the endzone. The ball bounces off a Tiger defender and a CPA reciever almost catches the deflection. The best football game I've ever witnessed.

Riverdale- Germantown 1994, 5A title game, Riverdale stops 3 shots from the 1 in the 3d Qt to keep it close, then Alvin Duke goes 58 yds with 3 minutes to go, gets hit by 8 or 9 different guys on the run, to score the go ahead TD, Germantown drives to Riverdale 20, David Coppeans deflcts a pass and Corey Carney intercepts to seal the win

825450114[/snapback]

ughhh...I'd say thats the most memorable game for me also...though not the fondest.

Edited by BigSneaky

i've seen some great games over the years (many of them trousdale county games) but the best by far has to be the macon county/smith county game a couple years ago.  macon had the best team they have had in decades and smith was thier equal. 

the hype and expectations that surrounded that game not only involved the teams but the whole countys!  there wasn't a person in either place that didn't know about the game.  macon has a history of futility on the football field the last 10-20 years but both teams were exceptionally talented and put on a display of defensive intensity that ended with a unbelievable 50+ yard field goal.  you could hear the roar all over town................if you werent' there, i'm sorry :lol:

825690253[/snapback]

Did not see this post but AMEN!!!!!!!!!

My most memorable game that I have seen has to be the semi - final game between Knoxville Central ( Todd Helton ) and Oak Ridge ( Shaun Summers ) in 1991 . The final score was 42-41 in OT . This was a an explosive offensive game , but ended after OR blocked an extra point ! Helton ranks as one of the best QB's this state has ever produced and the 91 Wildcats might be the most dominant team ( Riverdale during the last 10 years excluded ) . Before anyone gets upset , this is just a humble opinion .

• 2 weeks later...
i've seen some great games over the years (many of them trousdale county games) but the best by far has to be the macon county/smith county game a couple years ago.  macon had the best team they have had in decades and smith was thier equal. 

the hype and expectations that surrounded that game not only involved the teams but the whole countys!  there wasn't a person in either place that didn't know about the game.  macon has a history of futility on the football field the last 10-20 years but both teams were exceptionally talented and put on a display of defensive intensity that ended with a unbelievable 50+ yard field goal.  you could hear the roar all over town................if you werent' there, i'm sorry :)

825690253[/snapback]

I totally agree!!!!! This game was very exciting!!!! I was there. It was standing room only. Between 7000 to 8000 people were there. After Macon County's win they tore the goal posts down. It was a great season for the Tigers. The whole county was behind our guys that year!!!! :P

Mt. Pleasant vs CPA last year in the second round of the playoffs.  CPA leading 14-0 in the fourth quarter only to see the physical domination of the Tigers up front handle the Lions with ease as RoRo Fennesse runs for the go ahead touchdown late in the fourth quarter (21-14).  Then CPA moves with ease against the Tigers prevent D.  Last 7 seconds of the game CPA throws a pass into the endzone.  The ball bounces off a Tiger defender and a CPA reciever almost catches the deflection.  The best football game I've ever witnessed.

825690264[/snapback]

thumb I have to give props on this one "junglefever" one of the greatest games in Collinwood history came in the second round of the playoffs in 2001 against CPA as well. Collinwood was down 14-7 midway through the fourth with some of the fans starting to leave the Trojans Nick Andrews caught a td pass, but a failed two-point conversion left the score 14-13. With more fans leaving the Trojans finally got the ball back with a 1:46 left in the game on our own 12 and no timeouts. With 4 seconds left Nick Retherford caught the final td pass to make it C-wood 19 Cpa 14. It's always good to see a public school beat a private team. thumb

Mt.Pleasant vs. CPA this past season in 2nd round of the playoffs.We were tied in the 4th quarter 14-14 with about 3 maybe 4 minutes left and our star RB Theo Fennessee hurts his ankle.So RoRo,our LB, comes in and scores but our kicker misses the EP,20-14.CPA put together a good drive and got down to about the 15 but we held on for the win.

I know this is a sloppy recolection of the game but it's the best I can do.